Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Would this exhaust setup work?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2005, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Would this exhaust setup work?

I went to a local exhaust shop and asked how much for a 3inch straight pipe from the downpipe would cost. I was quoted 150. That includes the o2 sensor since I will be going catless. What would be a good muffler and downpipe for this kind of setup. How loud will this be as well? I don't want to wake the entire neighborhood just pulling out of my driveway
Old Apr 7, 2005, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It sounds like your just getting a custom downpipe back. I'm I understanding you right? I went this route, just make sure to use mandrel bends. If your custom setup bolts to the stock downpipe, you can use any aftermarket downpipie that bolts to the stock cat.
I went with a Magnaflow muffler;
Offset/Center
3" Inlet/Outlet
14" Body Length, 20" Overall Length.
It was loud at first, but quited down after about 200 miles.
It's kinda hard to see, but;
http://www.evotuners.net/gallery/sho...cat=500&page=1
Old Apr 7, 2005, 12:05 PM
Evolving Member

im interested in this as well i pmd you turbolarry did you see the same gains you would have expected from an expensive aftermarket setup
Old Apr 7, 2005, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds good to me. I don't need a flash with just installing exhaust? I was planing on getting some cams, a fuel pump, and MBC in another month or two. Then I was going to send out for a flash. My goal is 350whp for under 2k
Old Apr 7, 2005, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by joeymia
Sounds good to me. I don't need a flash with just installing exhaust? I was planing on getting some cams, a fuel pump, and MBC in another month or two. Then I was going to send out for a flash. My goal is 350whp for under 2k
For just an exhaust, you don't need a flash.
I wouldn't recommend a flash to anyone period. Flashes are for someone who wants nothing to do with tuning.
If your going with a MBC, (completly removing the ECU's control over boost) look into an AFC. You can specifically tune to the boost you set.