Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

yay...good news! and other crap..

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2005, 02:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yay...good news! and other crap..

well today i brought my car in for the clearcoat on me wing going off....they ordered me new wing and said they will have it in a week...YAY!!
second thing i went in for today is my clutch (dead subject there) figured i'd just complain and make them do more work since the car is still under warrenty (so they say). i have 20k miles packed on to the car and have had this moaning noise when you downshift from 4th to 3rd and 3rd to 2nd. brought it in before and they said they could not replicate....now today i am told it's all "wear and tear". clutch flywheel all that bullcrap. ..but anyways thats a bs subject that i knew the answer too..just wanted to make them look at my car for no appearent reason.....now the good part...as i was leaving the manager told me i was lucky that the Reg. Rep wasnt there cuz if he saw that my car was lowered (hotchkis springs i love em) that would of voided my whole suspension (which i knew) and the whole powertrain warranty . yea. powertrain warranty? the reason, well he said mitsu designed all the driveshaft and motormounts to hold at that exact angle the car came in. now because i shifted the angle of the car (which now sits pretty level) that puts more strain on the bolts differently...so its open game for mitsu to blame stuff on my springs.....but i don care they can shove it!.....after all this talk i still got my wing w00t!.....i don think this thread makes sense...but yea.

Last edited by rExTuHfEr; Apr 7, 2005 at 03:01 PM.
Old Apr 7, 2005, 07:28 PM
Evolving Member

yay.. hey its all abt feeling good
Old Apr 8, 2005, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

rExTuHfEr, you are indeed the greatest e-thug in EvoM history. I salute you for being an awesome e-thug. Just look at your e-spelling and e-grammar, it's so horrid. Congratulations, rExTuHfEr.
Old Apr 8, 2005, 04:42 PM
Former Vendor

hey hey hey dont forget me.. btw, damn mitsu to hell
Old Apr 8, 2005, 05:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wEstSidE
rExTuHfEr, you are indeed the greatest e-thug in EvoM history. I salute you for being an awesome e-thug. Just look at your e-spelling and e-grammar, it's so horrid. Congratulations, rExTuHfEr.
i try me besst!!!
Old Apr 8, 2005, 05:27 PM
Evolved Member

As i read more and more threads about mitsu> warrenties, I find that most people love there Evo but hate mitsubishi My car is basically stock besides Tien S-Tech, K&N drop In, Dynoflash. Never had a problem so far. So I can't hate on the dealer yet.
Old Apr 8, 2005, 08:37 PM
Evolving Member

i really really really really hate dealerships x1000000000000000000 and everytime i read a thread like this it adds another "0" to that number "best backed cars" my ****!IN @$$!!!!
Old Apr 8, 2005, 11:24 PM
Evolved Member

Angle of the suspention can void the power train warranty......WTF??? That is why I have not upgraded to an MR. Glad to see they covered your wing though.

Soon they will start voiding warranties for using the wrong kind of wax to polish an Evo because it will lower the coefficient of friction with the air and make the car go faster, putting extra strain on the drive train.
Old Apr 8, 2005, 11:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BuLocal
Soon they will start voiding warranties for using the wrong kind of wax to polish an Evo because it will lower the coefficient of friction with the air and make the car go faster, putting extra strain on the drive train.
Haha coming soon to a dealer near you!!