Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: How much do you pay monthly (If you pay 6 month just estimate)
$200-$300
38.64%
$300-$400
29.55%
over $400
31.82%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

INSURANCE! What 16-17's Pay?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2005 | 08:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mifesto
what can we say besides telling you to wait until your older, besides the higher chance you'll destroy it, i would wait til 24 to get ANY kind of sports car (which is what i did)....patience does has its rewards...

i dont know why kids are working their *** off to barely afford the evo, the price tag of the car is only the beginning, maintenance is super expensive. geez thats $800 a month for a teenage to own an evo, thats insane.... for that money i could own an m3 easily...

oh well hope your mommy and daddy is willing to help... i genuinely give u a "good luck"
Well being old doesnt have its good things also, like clearly u cant read because i said i dont want to hear **** like this.
Old Apr 7, 2005 | 08:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SilverEvo8owner
when i was 17 it was 900 every six months
Yea but alot has changed since the 60s. I mean, even prior you had nickle nickleodeons and 25 cent movies.

But on the up and up a 16 year could pay 200 a month...If he lives in Missouri.

Florida, i dont see him paying anyless than 300 and no more than 450.

If that 20 bucks an hour falls through, there's always sucking cack.
Old Apr 7, 2005 | 08:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mistasparkle
Around 180 a month. the car is legally mine as i paid for more than 70% of it but the trick is to list your dad or someone older as the driver of the evo. I am listed under the ford tauras but I drive the evo. No tickets/accidents helps a lot as well.
Could I just put the Evo under my mom? She's been driving for 40 years with no accidents at fault and only 1 accident with not a single ticket ever. Then put my name under the Talon I'll have and just sign under the Evo with my parents?
Old Apr 7, 2005 | 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

Car is under mom and pop's name, I pay less than 100 dollars a month on state farm's family insurance
Old Apr 7, 2005 | 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

All depends.. will be cheaper on your parents policy.. I'd say 250-300 a month.. and after your first wreck it's going to skyrocket and you will have to sell the car at a great loss...

Not judging you by your age.. but I know if I had my evo when i was 16/17 I'd either
1. be dead 2. be in debt and driving an 86 honda after my first wreck 3. be working all the time to pay for the car and not enjoy the best years of my life.

Just my .02.. but if you're paying 200-300 a month in insurance.. plus a car payment... your not going to have enough money/time to maintain/mod the car.
Old Apr 7, 2005 | 09:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ronitlancer
Well being old doesnt have its good things also, like clearly u cant read because i said i dont want to hear **** like this.
Your attitude could use some adjustment. You're a teenager with nearly 450 posts on this msg board despite not even having an evo, and you spend most of them telling people to shut the F up. All your polls and comments are annoying as hell. You need to get a clue and realize you wouldn't even be talking about an evo if you didn't live at home for free.
Old Apr 7, 2005 | 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

what can we say besides telling you to wait until your older, besides the higher chance you'll destroy it, i would wait til 24 to get ANY kind of sports car (which is what i did)....patience does has its rewards...

i dont know why kids are working their *** off to barely afford the evo, the price tag of the car is only the beginning, maintenance is super expensive. geez thats $800 a month for a teenage to own an evo, thats insane.... for that money i could own an m3 easily...

oh well hope your mommy and daddy is willing to help... i genuinely give u a "good luck"
Oh yeah, and Wait till 24...
Old Apr 7, 2005 | 09:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by rlazer5000
I would say about $200-250 a month. Its a 4-door, ABS, and AWD, so an insurance company shouldn't rape u too badly on rates, but then again im not an insurance agent. But if u get any tickets or get into an accident, you'll probably have to consider whoring urself out for $$$ in order to pay ur insurance afterwards.
not to mention the turbo... any car with turbo the price goes ^ :-|
Old Apr 7, 2005 | 09:10 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, people are getting raped on the insurance for this car... too many IMMATURE drivers out there. Like that 35 year old that almost ran me off the road in his STi today cuz he didn't know how to take a left hand corner...
Old Apr 7, 2005 | 09:11 PM
Evolving Member

thing is.. by the time we are 24.. the evo will be a classic :-/ i want a new evo
Old Apr 7, 2005 | 09:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Your attitude could use some adjustment. You're a teenager with nearly 450 posts on this msg board despite not even having an evo, and you spend most of them telling people to shut the F up. All your polls and comments are annoying as hell. You need to get a clue and realize you wouldn't even be talking about an evo if you didn't live at home for free.
Almost NONE of my posts are *****ing at people, my first 300 were on the lancer OZ forums back in 2003.
I've only posted about 100-120 on the evo forums.
But when I post things I'm not looking for feedback like yours, and nobody is, so why give them to me? Your being nothing but a dick. I'm not asking for your opinion on weather it's a bad decision to get the car, I have my mind set on it. I want to know what other people are paying at my age. I'm looking ahead to know what im actually doing so I DONT **** myself over, I understand it could be a risk, but I love engines and I love the Evo, so if it's possible for me to have it and love it, wouldnt you?
If I couldnt have it, I would still be here on the Evo forums becasue I love the car.
Sorry about flipping out.
I could see exactly where your viewpoint is coming from.

Thanks
Old Apr 7, 2005 | 09:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by UT_Evo
Car is under mom and pop's name, I pay less than 100 dollars a month on state farm's family insurance
I think I'm gonna have to do that
Old Apr 7, 2005 | 09:14 PM
Evolving Member

Here's my last .02 on this (hopefully this isn't taken as an overly harsh view, just stating my opinion)...as this is getting a bit tiresome. When people buy trucks that get horrible gas mileage and then complain (especially when they have no particular use for such a vehicle)...I think it's a bit dumb. If you can't afford the gas, you can't afford the truck. Same thing applies here...insurance is going to be a pain, possibly if you go through your parents as well. Meaning...if you can't afford the insurance, you can't afford the car. I do honestly wish you the best of luck, and I do think that using your parents as the primary driver(s) is the best way to get a reasonable rate...but if you can't, it might suck, but maybe this isn't the car for you yet.
Old Apr 7, 2005 | 09:16 PM
Evolved Member

I can afford im just trying to see how much money for mods, how much I want to mod, and how much to save up before actually getting the car so I can have 2-3 grand spare at all times for emergency break downs / any other problems I have.
Old Apr 7, 2005 | 09:59 PM

Vegas

Depends on were you live....
see my friend has a 4dr 93 toyota and pays 370 a month for lib.

Quick Reply: INSURANCE! What 16-17's Pay?