Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Stock MR - 13.1@104 (timeslip)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2005, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
great run man
Old Apr 12, 2005, 03:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Where is your timing being logged??The one launch I did while hitting the limiter my trap speed dropped almost 4 mph..However if timing is not being pulled I will use the 5krpm limiter to launch,it was just my understanding it pulled timing..And I have also owned over five galant VR4's since you seem to think owning many dsm's makes you more knowledgeable..Also if I am not mistaken isn't the limiter controled by the switch on the clutch pedal assembly and not the wheel speed sensor??It seems to still limit rpms while the car is moving until the clutch is ALL the way out..
Originally Posted by dsm95hybrid
Your ECU is no different than any other MR. You stated timing is being pulled. What datalogger are you using? I log timing, rpm, cfm, wideband a/f, boost, and egt amongst others. You need more practice launching, nothing else. Don't make excuses that your stutterbox limiter is killing your power, because that is ridiculous. It is a stutterbox and not a "neutral limit". Neutral has nothing to do with it engaging. It has to do with the wheels moving or not. It only engages when the wheels are stopped. Your revs and power are not affected "anywhere near" 5k, it will only happen AT 5k. The ecu does a perfect job doing what is is supposed to do. This image will show everyone exactly what DOES happen. Notice how the rpms stutter right at 5k while building 5-6 psi on this particular launch.
Old Apr 12, 2005, 03:07 PM
Evolved Member

Hank,

I didn't get to run the car with the flash yet, I got the flash at the track after the races were over..I will run it on the 23rd at e-town..I'm not too far from **** hill I live in NE philly right off of harbison ave.I'll let you know the results after the 23rd..

Originally Posted by hank
So what did you run after the flash? Sorry if I missed it in your post.
Where in PHL are you? Im out near **** hill. So there are at least 2 GG MR's in PHL
Old Apr 12, 2005, 03:09 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Petey Turbo
Where is your timing being logged??The one launch I did while hitting the limiter my trap speed dropped almost 4 mph..However if timing is not being pulled I will use the 5krpm limiter to launch,it was just my understanding it pulled timing..And I have also owned over five galant VR4's since you seem to think owning many dsm's makes you more knowledgeable..Also if I am not mistaken isn't the limiter controled by the switch on the clutch pedal assembly and not the wheel speed sensor??It seems to still limit rpms while the car is moving until the clutch is ALL the way out..
Timing is being logged on the PalmStein logger in the OBDII port. I have sure not lost any intelligence concerning 4g63's in the 10yrs and 9 DSM's I've owned if that is what you are asking. The limiter is triggered by the clutch switch which only engages the limiter when the car is not moving (wheel sensor) . You cannot engage the limiter if you are rolling even the slightest bit.
Old Apr 12, 2005, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dsm95hybrid
Timing is being logged on the PalmStein logger in the OBDII port. I have sure not lost any intelligence concerning 4g63's in the 10yrs and 9 DSM's I've owned if that is what you are asking. The limiter is triggered by the clutch switch which only engages the limiter when the car is not moving (wheel sensor) . You cannot engage the limiter if you are rolling even the slightest bit.
Well then mabye my clutch switch is not adjusted correctly because when I launched on the street I was hitting the limiter while the car was moving..What I meant about the timing is which feild on that map shows timing?Thanks for the insight btw I never knew the tunerstien worked on evos..
Old Apr 12, 2005, 04:57 PM
Evolving Member

Maybe you were feathering/slipping the clutch and it wasn't fully engaged?
Old Apr 12, 2005, 05:01 PM

Hank,

I didn't get to run the car with the flash yet, I got the flash at the track after the races were over..I will run it on the 23rd at e-town..I'm not too far from **** hill I live in NE philly right off of harbison ave.I'll let you know the results after the 23rd..

Cool, thanks. With the 5k unpluged and a flash, hopefully hello 12's. You'll just need 1/2 an hour for clutch cool down between runs
Old Apr 12, 2005, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well then mabye my clutch switch is not adjusted correctly because when I launched on the street I was hitting the limiter while the car was moving..What I meant about the timing is which feild on that map shows timing?Thanks for the insight btw I never knew the tunerstien worked on evos..
It also continues to work while I'm moving if I start moving after the limiter is activated. This is exactly how I got two straight 2.4 60' times. I was UNABLE to launch while the rev limiter was activated, and as I started to roll forward, it didn't stop until I let the clutch out then started over.