Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Ripped of by fellow EvoM Memeber!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2005, 01:08 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s.s. numbers.. that would be the last thing anyone would do.. good idea, but things could go horribley bad..

Originally Posted by RalliArtEvoVIII
i had a similar situation to you, only solution now is contact your CC company, what they'll do is try to get the money back from him and if they cant within 10 days, they'll give you the money back through the bank. EvoM is getting full of scam artists now. We should start requiring SSN's when u sign up.
Old Apr 11, 2005, 05:09 PM
Evolved Member

that really sucks. as you said try to cancel the credit card payment, also I don't know with your credit card company but with mine there is a free service to help protect the card members. It gives me a limit of $5000 a year that for any reason of product failure, scam, etc. the credit card company will repay me or take the payment off my statement. I just have to call or fill out a form stating the reason for why i want to file an andjustment for fraud or whatever. I'd call your credit card company and see if you have this, you might and not even know it. Won't make you feel better about the guy that ripped you off but at least you get your money back. Hope this helps
Old Apr 11, 2005, 05:45 PM
Account Disabled

Call your cc company. End of story. Lock thread.

That is what they are there for. They will get their money from paypal and paypal will hunt them down.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 07:46 AM

TTT evveryone needs to know about this kid
Old Apr 28, 2005, 09:53 AM
Evolving Member

Wow, he just f'ed himself out of the biggest community for source, knowledge & help for Evolutions in the whole world.

Way to go. +1 for ban
Old Apr 28, 2005, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

A partial solution is to only give 50% up front. When you receive the goods pay the next 50%. That way at lease you are only out half. If the person resists it might be a good indicator that they are scamming. With the 50% method seller and buyer have equal risk.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by asasin79
yeah i almost got took for >$2k for a set of LE37T from a registered vendor...paypal couldn't help b/c the length of time...i suggest contacting your CC as they are your representatives...i don't know about taking months...it took like 2-3 days for mine to get cleared up. good luck
i think i know who your talking about but i forget his name (ozrallyguy maybe) never again after all the bs did i hear from him.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rEVOLUTIONh8
how do i report him to a Moderator? and id like to hear what he has to say before he gets banned, as this is my only contact with him (gave me wrong phone number)...

but, he has not visited the site since his last message to me...i thinks he was OUT
that's a big mistake you should have talked over the phone a few times before spending money with someone you don't know. no matter what the price is i will always include my cell# for contact for trust. i am to the point that people will mail me personal checks for payment

don't take this the wrong way, all i mean is always talk first. i know it sucks and it's not your fault, but now it's your problem.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 12:35 PM
Evolving Member

If you ban the person the unscrupulous would just make another ID.

If you insist on making a private party deal over this forum I'd put a lot of weight into that Personal Sales Rating thing. These threads aren't always read by everyone.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 01:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by netmand
If you ban the person the unscrupulous would just make another ID.

If you insist on making a private party deal over this forum I'd put a lot of weight into that Personal Sales Rating thing. These threads aren't always read by everyone.
Nah, IP and subnet bans would keep him out of here until he changed ISPs. Plus, reporting such online fraud to his ISP would put him through hell. They may cancel his service or contact him about his fraudulent activities.