Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EVO IX vs SRT-4 with Stage 3

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2005, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Uh...

SRT-4 = FWD
Evo = AWD

FWD = wheelspin. You do the math.
Old Apr 11, 2005, 10:40 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by NavyEVO82
I'm pondering the idea of the SRT4 with a stage 3 turbo upgrade instead of the EVO, just checking it out at this point- the srt4 would out well over 300hp....Obviously the handling would suck compared to the EVO, any opinions on this?
wow, to go back to the original question at hand. Stage 3 is a factory staged upgrade, has had alot of R/D, and is very reliable. From what others are saying, no tuning is needed, just bolt up and go. As for me, I will be going the AGP route and then getting it tuned right where I want it - and it will be just as reliable if done right in the first place.

As for the handling, I would (as others on srtforums.com) would suggest either the Mopar Stage 3 coilovers or the IPP 3 way adjustable COs.

That is the first phase of work on my car. I have the hotchkis F/R sway bars, DC FSTB, and Pwerks rear tri mount SB. I will be getting IPP COs with mopar rear tensioners and all new bushings. Also, I am getting a wider/lighter tire combination as well - which will allow for more tire gripping the ground. The stock tires are way to skinny IMO.

So, not a money for money issue - but you could definitely drop a bit in the SRT-4 and make it good on power and handling. Its a fun car. (now, you could get the evo and spend the same amount in upgrades and im sure it would be amazing as well)

Its a preference thing. Test out both cars, see what you like best. Do your research, try to avoid ignorant SRT and EVO owners giving biased opinions in all cases.

Hope this helps a bit,

peace,
nate
Old Apr 11, 2005, 10:42 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Tsurara
Uh...

SRT-4 = FWD
Evo = AWD

FWD = wheelspin. You do the math.

You forgot wheel hop as well. There have been some SRT's who have upped the power and snapped their axles. FWD is a pain to launch, that is for sure. Get some 500 HP axles and some slicks and it seems to hook up better. However, not real convenient for a daily driver.

im not really sure about the 'math' part you are referring to. yes, you have AWD versus FWD, but what about the drivetrain loss math? im not trying to be a jerk - just didnt really understand you statement with other variables involved.

peace,
nate

Last edited by esarteefor; Apr 11, 2005 at 11:10 AM.
Old Apr 11, 2005, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

Where is Bolivar?
Old Apr 11, 2005, 11:08 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Hotshot940
Where is Bolivar?
about ten minutes south of canton, out in a corn field. haha.

if you saw anything on the news lately about flooding, well, thats bolivar. it has an exit off 77S with a river to the left.

i hope that helps, ha.

peace,
nate
Old Apr 11, 2005, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by HorinayHotiness
LOL! EVO chick magnet! That will be the day. I don't think there's even a girl on the planet who knows what an EVO is. To them it's just a crappy Mitsubishi with a big wing. If you want a chick magnet buy a Benz or a Lexus.
word... i remember when i had the 350z, almost everytime i came out of the mall, there was 3 or 4 decent to hot chicks practically humping my car... ofcourse i didnt dare wash my car after that hahahahaha

now when i come out of malls these days, i only get dudes bukkaking my evo.... no girls in site.. i WASH my car.. 3 times
Old Apr 11, 2005, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

friends s3 srt-4

http://www.wtfbracing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1511
Old Apr 11, 2005, 11:47 AM
Evolving Member

I saw an SRT-4 last night. Sounded decked out, he had that diesel truck sounding exhaust and what sounded like the pitch of a HKS BOV. I asked him what he had was we drove along side each other. He was on Mopar Stage 2. I asked him if he would choose his current SRT-4 Stage 2 over an Evo. He shook his head and laughed, saying hell no. Funny thing is, his girlfriend shook her head and agreed with him simultaneously.
Old Apr 11, 2005, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just blasted a Stg 2SRT-4 this saturday night from a roll 3 times after my DP and 02 housing install. The outcome was real ugly for the SRT-4 . It is all on video!!!
Old Apr 11, 2005, 12:02 PM
slt
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wEstSidE
If you want a car that is really, really fast in a straight line, the SRT-4 definitely does the job right.
I disagree. The SRT is pointless. It doesn't handle particularly well, and it doesn't drag particularly well. If you want a drag car, buy a new mustang GT. With minor bolt ons, they are already runing mid 12's. A stage 3 SRT = a burnout machine.
Old Apr 11, 2005, 12:18 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by slt
and it doesn't drag particularly well.
wow, thats a pretty bold statement. do you have proof to back up that statement? again, not trying to be a jerk - but i just want to know your source of information.
Old Apr 11, 2005, 12:29 PM
slt
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by esarteefor
wow, thats a pretty bold statement. do you have proof to back up that statement?
Its FWD

You can run with that handicap if you want, but you'll get your *** handed to you by any number of late market mustangs, camaro's, ect.
Old Apr 11, 2005, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

Ahh I remember my dsm days.. GS-T = tirespin
Old Apr 11, 2005, 12:38 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by slt
Its FWD

You can run with that handicap if you want, but you'll get your *** handed to you by any number of late market mustangs, camaro's, ect.
no feelings please, show me numbers and actual proof that this is the case. im not arguing the case FWD is hard to get traction, and from a 10 MPH roll I got beat by a Mustang Mach 1 the other night in my 2004 SRT-4 - I clearly understand your feelings. I just dont think you can make a statement like that and tag it to all cars. If you have deep enough pockets/skills/etc you can do whatever you want.

so again, not arguing your point - I just want you to back it up with actual proof when you make statements like that.
Old Apr 11, 2005, 07:21 PM

Talking

You can strap a rocket to a turd, but it's still a turd!!

Quick Reply: EVO IX vs SRT-4 with Stage 3