Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EVO IX vs SRT-4 with Stage 3

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2005, 11:20 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why does everyone pick on the srt.. oh thats right cause its a threat to most of us and its 10,000 dollars cheaper..
Old Apr 14, 2005, 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

you are out mind !!!a threat .. now thats funny
Old Apr 14, 2005, 11:27 AM
Account Disabled

either car can be as good as you want to make it, depending on your creativity and how deep your pockets are. i know of a local SRT-4 owner here with 650 WHP, and i know other local owners who are stock with 230 WHP. same goes for the EVO, some are stock - some are built. It all depends on the owner and their needs/finances.

EVIL MR - I understand you think the EVO is unbeatable - but put that 650 WHP SRT up against a stock EVO and I bet you can guess the results. Its not a catch all case, EVOS dont win all the time, even against lighly modded SRTs. I apologize that you cant seem to catch on to that, your complex tends to jump in the way.
Old Apr 14, 2005, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

650 whp srt . evo with 450 will kill it at the drags
Old Apr 14, 2005, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dafarmer69
why does everyone pick on the srt.. oh thats right cause its a threat to most of us and its 10,000 dollars cheaper..
they are a threat on the highway only. that is if you're willing to race one from a roll, but all threats end there.
Old Apr 14, 2005, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

no i am not saying that the evo is unbeatable . if both cars at the same hp the srt will not win. an sti have a better chance at it
Old Apr 14, 2005, 11:36 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by EVIL MR
would be an interesting race, but i would guess it wouldnt kill it by any means. im not trying to get into a pissing match with you, you just cant seem to see there are 2 sides of the coin here. i could look up several videos of SRTs beating EVOs, even from a dig. I could also find videos of EVOs beating SRTs from a roll. I could also find the vice versa of each. Do you not understand its not the same case for everything? I could go find a timeslip from a track where an SRT has beat an EVO (which im sure excuses would fly after that). Cant you just realize that with the right money you can do whatever you want to your car? I bet i could find a handfull of hondas that would annihilate your beloved EVO as well.

Again, not trying to get into a pissing match. You just need to open up your eyes and realize the EVO is not the fastest car out there - it does have its downsides. (as does the SRT-4).

It is people like you that amaze me, people that completely lack logic
Old Apr 14, 2005, 11:38 AM
Former Vendor

and i bet the srt will keep going down the track and eventully the evo will break first... i bet its half the price to get the srt there..

Old Apr 14, 2005, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

did you read my last post
Old Apr 14, 2005, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

dafar what world do you live in
Old Apr 14, 2005, 11:44 AM
Account Disabled

yeah dafar, what world do you live in, theres no way any other car could beat an evo in this world!

funny thing is, no car is perfect. i read a recent review of car and driver after driving the evo for quite some time. not a real good review by any means. i dont discredit the car for that, im just saying - we are in the real world. your car is not perfectly engineered and bulletproof as you like to think. and again, not that the SRT doesnt have its problems as well - im not that naive to think its a perfect car that could never lose.

im more interested in what world you live in at this point....
Old Apr 14, 2005, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

obviously a world where there are power windows up front and manual windows in the back...lol...j/k
Old Apr 14, 2005, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by esarteefor
yeah dafar, what world do you live in, theres no way any other car could beat an evo in this world!

funny thing is, no car is perfect. i read a recent review of car and driver after driving the evo for quite some time. not a real good review by any means. i dont discredit the car for that, im just saying - we are in the real world. your car is not perfectly engineered and bulletproof as you like to think. and again, not that the SRT doesnt have its problems as well - im not that naive to think its a perfect car that could never lose.

im more interested in what world you live in at this point....
car and drivers complaint was on the vishnu staged upgrades. once they took those off and went back to stock, they were happy again. Road and Track did a 40000 mile review and put it in-well read my sig...
Old Apr 14, 2005, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

lol
Old Apr 14, 2005, 11:50 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by twinevo
obviously a world where there are power windows up front and manual windows in the back...lol...j/k

hehe, yeah, if we only had power rear windows - we would have like 100 extra horsepower. you got me there. in all actuality, it is somewhat annoying when there are kids back there and you cant stop them from playing with the windows.

Quick Reply: EVO IX vs SRT-4 with Stage 3