Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Bad Carbon spoiler

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2005, 06:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad Carbon spoiler

Hi Guys, I wanted to know did anyone get their carbon fiber wings replaced? Mines has lots of little bubbles under the top layer. Are they covered by warranty? Need help i think its getting worse...
Old Apr 11, 2005, 07:43 AM

u ever wax your wing? i heard your supposed to wax it every year to protect it from UV and turning yellow...
Old Apr 11, 2005, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
grico42 on socal evo... he had his replaced under warranty... you may wanna talk to him about it
Old Apr 11, 2005, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I had mine replaced. The Clear coat on mine went bad on the center of the wing and looked like it had been scratched. I also had been waxing it once a week with a UV wax, but with no luck. My new spoiler is much better and the dealership even put a second coat of clear on it.

From what I understand the company that made the first spoilers did a ****-poor job, so Mitsubishi got another company to make them. The old Spoilers were completely carbon fiber. However, the new ones have a carbon fiber wing section and inner side, but the painted end caps are a high impact plastic.
Old Apr 11, 2005, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rEVOLUTIONh8
u ever wax your wing? i heard your supposed to wax it every year to protect it from UV and turning yellow...
every year? i wax mine every month
Old Apr 11, 2005, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

I got mine replaced under warranty. It looked like it had dull spots in the middle of the wing end to end. I was mine everytime i wash my car!