Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Ok so I put my summer tires back on and...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2005, 06:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok so I put my summer tires back on and...

I had a ***** of a time removing one of the winter tires because Kosei wheels have IMPOSSIBLE lugnuts to remove. Anyway, after I got them off I noticed salt or something on the threads, from these damn northeastern roads...ok whatever...so I'll clean that **** off sometime...so I put my stock wheels/tires back on. Feels great, tons of grip, woo...but...

Randomly my car will pull slightly to the left or right, on straights or in corners, not terribly, but noticeably...It doesn't seem like the usual misalignment. All lugnuts were torqued to 73 lb/ft. Could it be tread wear? I put the tires with the deeper tread up front, since I forgot to label their position when I removed them in November. However, I'm 100% sure the tires are on their correct side of the car.

I also just had a new power steering pump installed right before I changed the tires. Seemed fine when I drove it home on the winter tires.

What do you guys think? Have the alignment checked? I can't think of anything else...

Last edited by tenkra; Apr 11, 2005 at 06:41 PM.
Old Apr 11, 2005, 06:43 PM
Evolved Member

If you're running the stock advans now that's pretty normal.. the car feels like it's on rails and will follow grooves in the road. Advans have a really stiff sidewall that probably contributes to this.
Old Apr 11, 2005, 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah most summer tires will do this. When I had my winter tires on it wouldn't tramline at all. Now, with the S03s on it, feels just like it did with the Advans...follows every groove in the road.
Old Apr 11, 2005, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

It's probably normal. I also had the same thing with my Advans. The more miles you get on them, the more "distracted" they are by road anomalies.

Cabo
Old Apr 11, 2005, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

I've been aching to put my Advans back on...but need more patience...after the April showers...
Old Apr 11, 2005, 07:46 PM

Ok, thanks guys, I was considering it might just be the grooves in the roads and my not being used to the tires. Thanks for alleviating my worries