Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Can somebody give me a succinct definition of a "ricer"?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2005, 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go to www.eclipseforums.org. From what little I know, the 4 cylinder engines are much easier to modify, and this includes aftermarket turbos. They take to boost pretty well. There's a ton of info there.
Old Apr 11, 2005, 09:48 PM
Evolving Member

http://mirror.rivendel.nu/crxclub/cr...20CRX%2015.jpg
or
http://www.anti-rice.com/rice12/crx.jpg
Old Apr 11, 2005, 09:52 PM
Evolved Member

Most of the things you do to your car in NFS: Underground 1 and 2 to make it earn more points... basically watch Fast and the Furious and 2F2F, those'll give you a good idea, snowflakes on an S2k? wtf!?!?!
Old Apr 11, 2005, 09:53 PM
Evolved Member

www.anti-rice.com
Old Apr 11, 2005, 09:56 PM
Evolved Member

www.laughatrice.com
Old Apr 11, 2005, 10:46 PM
Evolved Member

A Ricer puts a HUGE rear wing on a fwd Honda, when the only reason for a wing is to create downforce for better traction in rwd and awd cars.

His car looks like this:

Old Apr 11, 2005, 11:51 PM
Evolving Member

Domestic rice is possible as I saw a mutang with a GTR badge (prolly from pepboys)

The other day I was waiting at the stoplight and a stock celica GT rolls up next to me and I look over and he said "****ing ricer" (his windows were up, but I could read his lips.) I wanted to show him the evo, but the next light was about 50 feet ahead and it was red. I waited for him to take off, but he didn't and so I am wondering why they dont' back up what they say?

I didnt think evos were rice but that incident.... There is only 2 things about the evo that is rice - the tail lights and the 4 cylinder.
Old Apr 12, 2005, 01:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
it's not always a bad thing to have a wing on a front wheel drive car... keeping the rear wheels on the ground can be a good thing...

i think the first few definitions were the best... but sometimes rice can just be the choice of your car... or rather your choice of car dooms you to ricedom. i mean ifyou have an 3g eclipse... it's pretty hard not to rice...

rice is soemthing that wants to look fast but is not. parts that look fast or want to be cool but are not... lots of forms without any functions...

of course this is all subjective and creative taste has a very wide spectrum. so in the end it also becomes one person's taste against another's. the evo is the perfect example... we all "know" the evo isnt rice... but how many times have you been confronted by someone calling you a ricer? coworkers... friends and family, fellow students... GIRLS (that so sadly kno no better and make you feel like all you've treid to accomplish with this car is in SUCH vain)!

in the end... rice is quite a complicated subject to talk about. it prolly all started because all these people wanted their slow cars to be fast... or had slow looking cars that WERE fast... and then the domestics crowd branded them as rice rockets... or import cars in general thereafter, known as rice rockets. now it's become something more for the savvy to call the unbeknowest.

Last edited by trinydex; Apr 12, 2005 at 01:33 AM.
Old Apr 12, 2005, 01:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mathgeek
The term "ricer" has been used in a derogatory sense on this board, and yet I still don't have a clear idea of what constitues one. Is it someone who

a) drives a heavily modded import compact?

b) specifically drives a Honda Civic with aftermarket exhaust and body kit?

c) drives anything but an Evo?

Help me out here, please. I don't want to someday unwittingly find myself in this less than complimentary category.
www.laughatrice.com
Old Apr 12, 2005, 05:50 AM
Evolved Member

laughatrice.com is hilarious!!!
Old Apr 12, 2005, 05:55 AM
Evolved Member

See also anything that makes the car look gaudy.
Badges that do not belong on the car

and my all-time favorite.

Unpainted CF Hoods. As hot as it may look, it really makes the car look like ***. But hey, the world is open for interpretation.
Old Apr 12, 2005, 05:58 AM
Evolved Member

One more question, then. Does the Sparco Evo (sold recently on ebay) qualify as rice? I mean it had badges galore, an aftermarket wing, tricked out interior, etc. Or does the fact that it actually IS fast disqualify it from being rice?
Old Apr 12, 2005, 06:24 AM
Evolving Member

well every1 has a diff view...the thing i'd consider rice is like having a vtec sign on a non honda/acura...or a "NISMO" sign on a chevy (i've seen that)another thing...putting stickers of stuff u dont have in ur car...or having a body kit without wheels...unless its winter and a region where it snows...or having a BIG alluminum spoiler without a body kit

imo i think if ur gonna start on the body work then do it completely...for example if ur gettin a body kit, modify the exterior completely like rims, window tint & etc.

idk if this helps but thats the way i look at it
Old Apr 12, 2005, 06:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mathgeek
One more question, then. Does the Sparco Evo (sold recently on ebay) qualify as rice? I mean it had badges galore, an aftermarket wing, tricked out interior, etc. Or does the fact that it actually IS fast disqualify it from being rice?
no thats not rice...im assuming they have all the parts for what stickers they ahve on the car. and they did make it faster as far as i kno
Old Apr 12, 2005, 06:36 AM

Thumbs down rice, Just add chicken an you have a meal

Civic/Cavalier w/ $200.00 cat-back, $40.00 air intake, $800.00 wheel and tire package, $3000.00 body kit and paint job