Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Worst BS Ticket EVER!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2005, 06:18 PM
nud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Theibault
Thanks for the advice guys. I'm going to court on the 3rd and I'll talk to the DA before hand.
Always speak with the DA first or ask for a recess or for your court date to be rescheduled to allow you to speak with him/her. The DA or assistant DA can be a great ally.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

Whenever i realize a cop is following me I put on my 4 ways on and pull over, so that way they cant make any bs up. I wait till he leaves.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Theibault
So I'm driving to work today. The weather is gorgeous and I'm just driving along. I notice an unmarked police car behind me. He follows me for about 2 miles. At this time, there is a car ahead of me going very slow. I put on my turn signal, go around, signal again and get back in the lane. I then take my exit (now 3 miles down the road from when he started following me) and he exits too. I get on the main road and he hits his lights. He comes up to me with an attitude and tells me I was swerving dangerously. I mention that I made one lane change and used my signal. He then tells me that I didn't wait for 100' after turning on my signal and then changing lanes. So now I have a ticket for $80 and a court appearance. I am SO upset right now. Any lawyers out there that can help me out with advice on this?
Cops are just donut-eating, tax collecting morons. It is technically true that you must signal for 100' before turning or changing lanes. I agree it's a BS ticket. Fight it. You can get some good info about fighting traffic tickets at www.motorists.org

P.S. I'm a lawyer.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 07:05 PM
Evolved Member

I don't know if it's true or not but I heard that they have to pull you over with in a mile of the infraction.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evillusion
but if the cop gets enough complaints, he will be unemployed.
What's your point?
Old Apr 13, 2005, 07:17 PM
Evolving Member

my friend is in a worse situation. He drives a WRX and some woman with a camaro suddenly pulled up and rammed into him, then sandwiched him in the center lane. she says its all his fault even tho he just stayed in his lane going straight, and since she was in front when this happened my friend might have to pay in full for the damages. maybe even hers
Old Apr 13, 2005, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

Go to court and Tell the truth. 100' is a judgement call, especially when you're going 60 mph, distance is distorted. Don't try to lie your way out of this one, you don't have to. Tell the truth and you'll be fine. File a complaint a day later about the police officer, because if he knows that its you filing the complaint, then he'll keep after you and so will his friends.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 07:25 PM
Evolved Member

100 feet is only like 2 seconds of driving going 35 what is the big deal? how could he even tell... bring that up
Old Apr 14, 2005, 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Willie Dynamite
I don't know if it's true or not but I heard that they have to pull you over with in a mile of the infraction.
I think this is true. Make sure you tell the judge how long it was before he pulled you over.
Old Apr 14, 2005, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

is this true ^^^^^^^^?
Old Apr 14, 2005, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CF-Ninja
100 feet is only like 2 seconds of driving going 35 what is the big deal? how could he even tell... bring that up
Ture! If you were going 70 mph (I assume a highway with exits), you are traveling 102.67 feet in 1 second. Call his bull! Ask him how he came to his conclusion and if he has tenths of a second on his watch, lol.