Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Worst BS Ticket EVER!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2005, 01:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Worst BS Ticket EVER!!!!

So I'm driving to work today. The weather is gorgeous and I'm just driving along. I notice an unmarked police car behind me. He follows me for about 2 miles. At this time, there is a car ahead of me going very slow. I put on my turn signal, go around, signal again and get back in the lane. I then take my exit (now 3 miles down the road from when he started following me) and he exits too. I get on the main road and he hits his lights. He comes up to me with an attitude and tells me I was swerving dangerously. I mention that I made one lane change and used my signal. He then tells me that I didn't wait for 100' after turning on my signal and then changing lanes. So now I have a ticket for $80 and a court appearance. I am SO upset right now. Any lawyers out there that can help me out with advice on this?
Old Apr 13, 2005, 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

fight it, at least you signaled. i went to court for not signaling and won. told the d.a. that my blinkers were out and he dismissed the case.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 01:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Theibault
So I'm driving to work today. The weather is gorgeous and I'm just driving along. I notice an unmarked police car behind me. He follows me for about 2 miles. At this time, there is a car ahead of me going very slow. I put on my turn signal, go around, signal again and get back in the lane. I then take my exit (now 3 miles down the road from when he started following me) and he exits too. I get on the main road and he hits his lights. He comes up to me with an attitude and tells me I was swerving dangerously. I mention that I made one lane change and used my signal. He then tells me that I didn't wait for 100' after turning on my signal and then changing lanes. So now I have a ticket for $80 and a court appearance. I am SO upset right now. Any lawyers out there that can help me out with advice on this?

ya man just goto court show face tell them what happend and thell probably throw it out or cut you a "deal" it sucks but then again most cops do verry few nice real cops that serve and actually protect instead most of them love bustn *****
Old Apr 13, 2005, 01:43 PM
Evolving Member

I know how ya feel man. Once I was pulling out of a gas station as the light turned yellow at the intersection. A cop was coming from the other side of the intersection. The light turned red and he ran the light w/ out his red&blue lights on, almost rear ended me, and then pulled me over and said that I pulled out in front of him and he gave me a ticket for it. I was pissed.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

i did the same thing today trying to put a car in between me and the cop.. the only crappy thing about driving the evo everyday is that i feel im doing something illegal everytime i drive.. eventhough everyone else is speeding by me and driving with no respect for anyone else. I just make a quick turn and or park the minute i feel a cop is tailing me looking for trouble.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 02:24 PM
Evolving Member

The worst part too is that the cop says that I have an aftermarket pipe on and that he's doing me a favor for not giving me a ticket for it. I'm just so upset right now.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 02:46 PM
Evolving Member

Any Evo guys fought this kind of thing and won? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

if you really didn't give the 100' thing...go to court, don't lie, tell judge what happened...but tell him if it wasn't 100', how long it really was....b/c 100' is a judgement call, I would ask the cop to estimate the distance between an object 100' from him outside and one that's say 75' from him...etc...

the judge can then make his decision how frivolous this ticket really is.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bdking57
i did the same thing today trying to put a car in between me and the cop.. the only crappy thing about driving the evo everyday is that i feel im doing something illegal everytime i drive.. eventhough everyone else is speeding by me and driving with no respect for anyone else. I just make a quick turn and or park the minute i feel a cop is tailing me looking for trouble.
Yeah... I do that too...
Old Apr 13, 2005, 04:08 PM
Evolved Member

I don't know how fast you where going when you made the pass, but at 60 mph (if my calculations are correct) you go 88 feet in a second.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

^^ yeah 100 feet is shorter than people think, you should fight it, and bring up why it took him so long to pull you over if thats why he was pulling you over, he was just looking for something to pull you over for, a cop followed me into the driveway of my moms house once i was in the garage and he gets off his bike and says the windhield sticker you have is too big. after arguing that, and a few points things he wanted to give me tickets for, with him he gives me a ticket for no current insurance card, even though it was the same policy number, he was just lookin for anything to give me a ticket for
Old Apr 13, 2005, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

I would fight it also. Because the 100' is a judgement call. Did he have a tape measure to see if it was really less than 100'? If I were you also, I would file a complaint about profiling because the more we do this the less they will stop picking on us (import enthusiast). They don't want any complaint on their record due to promotion stuff.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 04:43 PM
Evolved Member

file a complaint against the cop. It may not help you right now, but if the cop gets enough complaints, he will be unemployed.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 04:49 PM
Evolving Member

I got nailed on the freeway for "Failure to Signal Lane Change", I live in Wisconsin

Get used to it, our cars stick out.

I did get it reduced to no points, but had to pay the $156.00 fine + court fees.

I filed a complaint against the State Trooper who pulled me over, for profiling my car. Thats the best thing you can do, because those complaints STICK with them, and really **** them off.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 05:11 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm going to court on the 3rd and I'll talk to the DA before hand.