Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Vishnu Stage 1+ Modifications: Review

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2005, 01:31 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
as if i needed another compelling reason to go Vishnu

i cant wait
Old Apr 16, 2005, 01:41 AM
Evolved Member

285 hp? it sounds a bit low with those mods, no?
Old Apr 16, 2005, 10:29 AM

My goal for my car is 300 whp. With a little tweaking, (15whp) I'll have it. But, even if 285.6 is all I ever have, I'm very happy with what the car is doing.

By the way, on a dynojet dyno that is aproxmately 337 whp. (for what its worth)
Old Apr 16, 2005, 10:51 AM
Evolving Member

So on a Dyno Dynamics Dyno you got 285 awhp. On a Dynojet Dyno you read 337 awhp?

I'm confused. -__-;

Thanks for the awesome review. I heard Vishno is a good way to go but I also remember reading some people complaining about it. What other "stage" type options are there? Also, the exhaust that you get with the stage 1+ ..is it a certain manufacturer or is it from Vishnu.

Last but not least, who is Shiv? [new to the boards, sorry!]
Old Apr 16, 2005, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by stormhalter
So on a Dyno Dynamics Dyno you got 285 awhp. On a Dynojet Dyno you read 337 awhp?
Everyone starts out as a newbie. The dynodynamics all wheel drive dyno returns lower horse power figures than typical two wheel drive dyno's and another 4wd dyno that I have heard of. But, a formula was developed to account for the difference. You multiply x horse power on a dynodynamics dyno by x conversion number and it yields a rough estimate of how much power you might see on a typical dyno. (the more common types of dyno that read higher)

Also, it is arguable how accurate any kind of conversion ratio is. Its just an estimate. As far as I have seen, cars making Dynodynamics numbers make consistently higher numbers on other dyno's. Suffice to say I'm probably making over 300 whp on another type of dyno. But, even if that were not the case.. I'm extremley happy with what I've got.

Thanks for the awesome review. I heard Vishno is a good way to go but I also remember reading some people complaining about it. What other "stage" type options are there? Also, the exhaust that you get with the stage 1+ ..is it a certain manufacturer or is it from Vishnu. Last but not least, who is Shiv? [new to the boards, sorry!]
You'll find that every tuner has someone who has had a bad experience for one reason or another. As far as I can tell, the majority of the customers of the big name tuners are happy. I have personally met and talked to many customers of Vishnu who have been happy with the tuning and product over a long period of time. So, the independently sought out references checked out. Shiv Pathek (hope I spelled it right) does all the tuning for Vishnu, and may own the company for all I know. He is very easy to get along with. If you're curious about their shops products, do a google search for their website, or find it through their forum that is here on this site.

The exhaust, I'm guessing they have someone else make it, and they re-sell it. I bought it through Andrew at Dyno4mance. It is a very high quality system.

Old Apr 16, 2005, 12:25 PM
Evolving Member

Thank you very much Gabriel. That explains alot. :]

Any particular reason why the Dyno Dynamics Dyno returns lower horsepower figures than two-wheel drive dynos and another four-wheel drive dyno? Is there a loss of ppower in the transfer somewhere? Like in the rollers the wheels spin on? I hope I'm not prodding your brain too much. I'm just an information sponge and love to learn. :]

I'll do my research on Vishnu, thanks for the tips.
Old Apr 16, 2005, 01:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
congrats.. glad your happy!!
Old Apr 16, 2005, 02:07 PM

Thank you very much Gabriel. That explains alot. :]

Any particular reason why the Dyno Dynamics Dyno returns lower horsepower figures than two-wheel drive dynos and another four-wheel drive dyno? I'm just an information sponge and love to learn. :]
I don't know the details, or the debates, but I'm sure there are threads or information about it here and there.
Old Apr 16, 2005, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

Any particular reason why the Dyno Dynamics Dyno returns lower horsepower figures than two-wheel drive dynos and another four-wheel drive dyno?
Because it measures wheel hp correctly

Drivelines contribute to a far greater loss than most people want to believe. Yet this same people have no problem beleiving that underdrive pulleys can yield up to 15whp by simply driving accessories 10% slower.

shiv
Old Apr 17, 2005, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

HOw is the Gas Miilage.... I heard the SHIVE offers a Fuel saviner TUNE, is this it? Saving Fuel may be the MAIN reseon I go tto shiv....on top of all the great reviews he gets...
Old Apr 17, 2005, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

that write up is exactly how i felt when i left dyno4mance...except ive gotten 2 tickets instead of just the one :\
Old Apr 17, 2005, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

Shiv gave me a ride in my car after my tune as well...that man scared the living s h i t outta me lol glad you're happy, glad to see you're happy!
Old Apr 19, 2005, 08:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Gabriel Knight
Crap! I missed it! =0) We have to find out who bought it.
Either it's gone, or they have moved it into the showroom. I'll ask Tim Regenold who got it.
Old Apr 19, 2005, 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice post
Old Apr 19, 2005, 09:38 PM
Evolving Member

interesting, I wanna get some parts

Quick Reply: Vishnu Stage 1+ Modifications: Review