Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

wtf? Meguiar's Wax is terrible!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2005, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm also very satisfied with Nxt gen... I bought all the nxt gen products; tire gloss, window cleaner, spray wax, speed detailer, car wash, interior stuff and liquid wax. The best aspect is the ease of spreading and buffing off.
Old Apr 17, 2005, 10:58 AM
UFO
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LancerEVOVIIISD
Once you go Zaino you'll never go back. Ive never seen anything that comes close to comparing.
Not true for me. I have Zaino sat on the shelf in my garage and it remains unused. I did the prep work properly too (washing with Dawn, claybar, etc.) and it really didn't shine any more than a normal wash would make it shine. Didn't last long either before I could 'feel' the impurities back in the paint. Right now I'm using Poorboy's polish, Poorboy's natty wax with carnuba, and Poorboy's wheel sealant and am impressed with the results.
Old Apr 17, 2005, 07:00 PM
UFO
Evolved Member

Here's some pcs of the Poorboy's treatment:

Old Apr 17, 2005, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

Poorboy's products are great and can be used in the sun. I use Poorboys EX-P Pure sealant with Poorboy's Natty's past wax over it. I also use there Spay and gloss detailer.
Old Apr 17, 2005, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

Okay...so I decided to give Meguiar NXT another try. I washed the Evo up again yesterday. Put the wax on...

So, my 2nd opinion on this is...well not bad actually...but not great either...just average. Would I buy again? No. I am def. willing to try other brands that'll give a brighter finish.
Old Apr 17, 2005, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

hm, sorry to hear you weren't happy with NXT. I've used it on my black Evo and it worked beautifully. nice glossy finish and took out some of the swirl marks.
Old Apr 17, 2005, 11:17 PM
Evolving Member

there should be no swirl marks... you're not supposed to put this stuff, or any liquid polish/wax on in a circle type manner... just back and forth...

and use a clay bar almost everytime you wax your car pending on how often you do this... and use soapy water that you use to wash the car with for the lube for the bar... then, wash the car by mit... then, wax it...
Old Apr 18, 2005, 07:11 AM
Evolved Member

i use quick detailer as the lube for the clay bar...unless you are using 100% purified and filtered mineral water, i would not use it as a lubricant on your paint...