Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My story: Warrenty INFO

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2005, 09:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking My story: Warrenty INFO

Hey guys I posted several times so far filling you guys in on my story. I'll explain it briefly, bought a used evo with 10,000 miles. Had a 4th to 5th gear grind. Was pretty pissed off as anyone would be. I have an ACT clutch, turbo timer, and boost gauge. Brought the car in this morning. The tech drove my car notcied the grind right away. Told him my mods said dont worry aboutit those dont void. Hes putting in new synchros. None of these mods void warrenty. Clutchs can be replaced with aftermarket ones. Since clutchs can wear like tires. They can be replced with out voiding warrentys. If your stock clutch wears it is not covered however. I'll let you guys know how the car is when i get it back.
Old Apr 14, 2005, 09:40 AM

addition

My car is lowered, JDM tails, badges removed 2003 with lsd in the front.
Old Apr 14, 2005, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

You shouldn't do LSD, drugs are bad, mmmkay
Wish people would stop using the word "void" they just put a warranty restrict on your VIN number... voiding a warranty is hard, I've freaking track raced my car and I still have a warranty on things like the windshield wiper system and headlights and stuff (just had my passenger side ballast replaced for free)
Old Apr 14, 2005, 02:52 PM

I Guess Void is the wrong Term. But general Info for those who have had now or in the future a problem and worryin about your Mods restricting warrenty coverage.
Old Apr 14, 2005, 03:27 PM
Evolving Member

they are usualy bad about all of this so for you man