Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

do I have a chance? my co-worker challenged me

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2005, 06:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mdosu
you need a tune to beat him
AND cams
Old Apr 15, 2005, 06:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
race him to 80mph then hit the hazards and the brakes
Old Apr 15, 2005, 06:07 AM
Evolving Member

Good luck with this one...I want you to win, but you won't. He's gonna eat you for breakfast.
Old Apr 15, 2005, 06:20 AM
Evolved Member

You guys are on crack. This cobra will eat you alive. Good luck. Save embarassment and run from 0-60, after that, you stand no chance.
Old Apr 15, 2005, 06:28 AM
Evolved Member

From a straight line the Cobra will definately give you a run......
Old Apr 15, 2005, 06:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unless you're an incredible driver, you're gonna lose.

With all the mods that I have(check link in my sig), I raced an 04 Cobra with full exhaust and intake, and if it hadn't of been for my launch i would have easily been destroyed. However even WITH all my mods i was a 1/2 car length ahead of him until about 110mph, thats when he started walkin' on me.
Old Apr 15, 2005, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

Aghhh, well ok go from a dig and a roll, from a dig I think you may pull it out if you know how to launch, but from a roll I don't think it will be very close. Looking at his mods, he's is making around 450WHP, maybe more. Doesn't take a lot fror a Cobra to hit those numbers. Also I don't see any cams and I'm not sure if your even tuned. Your car is fast, and you got some nice mods, but your missing some very important mods that would greatly effect the outcome of this race, such as cams and ECU tuning. The Cobra may not have much mods, but it does have the right mods. Good luck, but you are most likely gonna lose this race.
Old Apr 15, 2005, 06:49 AM
Former Sponsor

http://members.rennlist.com/homerdoh...500hpcobra.mpg this is a video of EVOTEXAS racing a "500" RWHP cobra. notice we whooped him off the line (it was actually a rolling start, but he claimed wheel spin). we took him to about 100ish when... well you'll see. also, if you notice behind us is another evo. that evo was able to take the cobra handly on the highway at high speeds. keep in mind EVOTEXAS' car puts down 360ish AWHP, and so does the other evo (bryans2k), also puts down that much, but his is completely gutted for drag racing... and i mean completely gutted.
Old Apr 15, 2005, 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KevinD
http://members.rennlist.com/homerdoh...500hpcobra.mpg this is a video of EVOTEXAS racing a "500" RWHP cobra. notice we whooped him off the line (it was actually a rolling start, but he claimed wheel spin). we took him to about 100ish when... well you'll see. also, if you notice behind us is another evo. that evo was able to take the cobra handly on the highway at high speeds. keep in mind EVOTEXAS' car puts down 360ish AWHP, and so does the other evo (bryans2k), also puts down that much, but his is completely gutted for drag racing... and i mean completely gutted.
What does bryans2k run in the 1/4 mile?
Old Apr 15, 2005, 06:58 AM

On paper the Evo should lose, but a lot depends on driving skill. Take him to the track and you should be in a better position if you know how to drive, and I am not talking dragstrip.

EB
Old Apr 15, 2005, 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by eddybear
On paper the Evo should lose, but a lot depends on driving skill. Take him to the track and you should be in a better position if you know how to drive, and I am not talking dragstrip.

EB

when the difference is quite a bit over 100whp and rwd vs awd...the only thing that will happen is, it will take longer for the cobra to take the evo from a dig. From a roll...you could have one leg and beat an evo with that hp difference.

why does everyone insist on taking him to the track. If a mustang challenges you to a race, you know he doesnt mean a track.
Old Apr 15, 2005, 07:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blackevoVII
why does everyone insist on taking him to the track. If a mustang challenges you to a race, you know he doesnt mean a track.
Yeah, even though it's true i'm tired of seeing all of these posts going "Take him on a road course!! Then show him who's boss!!! "

hahahaha, yeah btw you'll get pizzowned.
Old Apr 15, 2005, 07:37 AM
Account Disabled

I dno't think you'll win. You are about as fast as a STOCK cobra, you're gona lose this one.
Old Apr 15, 2005, 07:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Alias
I think the cobra will win this one. Like someone said, you better launch the hell out of it. Because it seems that your only advantage is the launch.
launch burning the **** out of your clutch and you MIGHT stay in front till mid 3rd gear.

In my GSX with similiar mods I took the CTS-V8 (400hp, 395tq) to the top of 3rd with a BAD launch... BAD....

The stock clutch is kinda crappy for launching so as a side note you may want to look at a ACT or something stronger.

and tke_413 comments sound about right.

Tell us what happens!
Old Apr 15, 2005, 07:43 AM
Evolving Member

Good luck whatever happens. Let us know.