Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Boost Gauge, Oil Pressure Gaugem, etc...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2005, 10:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boost Gauge, Oil Pressure Gaugem, etc...

So I was wondering who has add gauges to their EVO? I'm just wondering because I was wondering how long it would take to install them... I saw a tutorial on them and they say it will take 5 hours for 3 gauges...

5 Hours at a shop is at least $375 bucks...

Anyone know different?
Old Apr 15, 2005, 10:24 AM
Evolving Member

I have installed a boost guage in my Evo, and the other guages in my other cars. They are all fairly easy to install, but take quite a bit of time to do it right. I would say if you can do it yourself, dont have to pay for labor and you know its done up to your standards.
Old Apr 15, 2005, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVONation
So I was wondering who has add gauges to their EVO? I'm just wondering because I was wondering how long it would take to install them... I saw a tutorial on them and they say it will take 5 hours for 3 gauges...

5 Hours at a shop is at least $375 bucks...

Anyone know different?
Probably would take about 5 hours to do 3...sounds about right.

boost gauge is easiest, but still takes time to mount and fish thru the firewall...I acutally spent more time taking my glove box out than anything b/c I'm mildly retarded.

best bet is to ask some Evo owners or any tuners around in your area for help...if you lived in my town, I'll offer to help put one in for you.

Boost is prob the easiest....oil pressure seems pretty easy too...

Both are on the how-to section on this forum and have really good step by step instructions....almost fool proof.

Last edited by mdosu; Apr 15, 2005 at 11:08 AM.
Old Apr 15, 2005, 05:17 PM
Evolving Member

Installed the Mitsu gauge pack (boost, oil temp, voltage) with a friend in about 3.5hrs. Ran the boost line and oil temp sensor wire along an existing wire loom through firewall. Take care to make sure the boost and/or sensor wires are not against any edged surface. Vibration will cause the edge to cut through them if the edge is dull or sharp.