Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Intake w/IC piping voids warranty?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2005, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intake w/IC piping voids warranty?

hey guys i went to my dealer or whatever to see this wing i am supposed to get..while i was the one of the parts guys told me to pop the hood..still dont know why anyways i did it and he says the injen intake w/ic piping that i installed voids my warranty..i didnt know that intakes void warranty...does any one know if thats true or is this guy just saying a bunch of crap?
Old Apr 15, 2005, 11:58 AM
Evolving Member

Diffferent dealers void for different reasons.You need to find yourself a mod freindly dealership in your area.
Old Apr 15, 2005, 12:01 PM
Evolving Member

Didn't you know driving it off the lot voids your warrenty.
Old Apr 15, 2005, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

lol driving it off that lot..yeah i have heard mitsu is a pain in the *** about their warranty..hmm guess i will have to find a nicer dealer
Old Apr 15, 2005, 12:10 PM
Evolving Member

that was stupid of you to pop the hood.
Old Apr 15, 2005, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

ouch...well i didnt want to say no like a jerk..plus i had noting to hide so i said to my self what the hell alright...guess i wont do that next time..i thought that he was into cars u know like curious..
Old Apr 15, 2005, 12:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AtO-MiX
lol driving it off that lot..yeah i have heard mitsu is a pain in the *** about their warranty..hmm guess i will have to find a nicer dealer
Did he take your License plate or VIN # down?? If so your screwed no matter where you go. Its regesitered with Mitsu as a voided warrenty.
Old Apr 15, 2005, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

no he didnt..he just looked at the engine and was like..i love this car oh by the way i think that intake u put on will most def void ur warrenty and prolly anything else u do like exhaust etc..i was like damn i wont be able to do anything..like i thought something like changeing the turbo or like internals would void the warrenty..
Old Apr 15, 2005, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

An intake cant void your warranty pull up the mass magneson act which states they have to prove whatever parts installed on the car caused it to break
Old Apr 15, 2005, 05:26 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah, we all know what the law says........trying to make it work in your favour is a totally different matter.
Old Apr 15, 2005, 05:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
actually, I remember reading a post a few days ago about warranty issues. Basically Sema and a few other company's are designing a law of some sort that is gonna really help the aftermarket parts industry. If I remember correctly. it is a very hard and lengthy process of voiding a warranty. the law that they are talking about said something like, if you install an aftermarket part and the car has a malfunction. first, a certified engineer has to check over the failure to figure out what went wrong. then, if the aftermarket part caused the failure. you have to make a claim with the parts manufacturer. I think the parts will have some kinda certifaction. kinda like a CARB approval. I may have missunderstood this, but i'm trying to repete it as best as possible. the Magneson Moss Act is hard to use at a dealership. I think this new law is gonna be pretty helpful. Since there are so many new cars being modded. The dealerships are kill the aftermarket industry, because how strick they are trying to be with the warranties.

I don't think the dealership should have the right to void your warranty if you have an aftermarket part. I just think it's only fair, if your abussing your car, for them to be able to deny claims which are caused by abuse. which is the mass majority of the Evo claims.

-Chad-
Old Apr 15, 2005, 06:07 PM
Evolved Member

intake voids warranty, exhaust(cat back ) does not. When you go to dealer, put back on stock intake and BOV, and box. I know it's a pain in the a$$ but you gotta do it till we hear otherwise.
Old Apr 15, 2005, 06:11 PM

without a doubt an intake will void your warranty. In alot of cases an intake will make you car run worse than better. If you value your warranty just leave the car 100% stock!

Originally Posted by AtO-MiX
hey guys i went to my dealer or whatever to see this wing i am supposed to get..while i was the one of the parts guys told me to pop the hood..still dont know why anyways i did it and he says the injen intake w/ic piping that i installed voids my warranty..i didnt know that intakes void warranty...does any one know if thats true or is this guy just saying a bunch of crap?
Old Apr 15, 2005, 06:45 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
you fart wrong in your car, they'll void your warranty.
Old Apr 15, 2005, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by plokivos
you fart wrong in your car, they'll void your warranty.
It was the damnest thang. they tried get me on that the other day. hahahaa..

-Chad-