Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

DSM Fire at Mitsubishi vs Subaru Event...large pics

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2005, 12:01 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My point exactly. I think they run a first class track at Norwalk!

People who are being arm chair quarterbacks on the internet were not there to obesrve the gallant efforts of the Norwalk crew who really impressed me.

Norwalk is the best track I have even been to it bothers me when people make negative comments about it.[/QUOTE]
Old Apr 18, 2005, 11:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by otaking
The car was not a 10 sec car. It caught fire on their 3rd pass ever. The fastest it ran was 11.0 @ 108mph. Careless installation is to blame IMO. Remember last year they went a few months wondering why the car was so slow, the nitrous was hooked up totally wrong and not even spraying correctly. In order for them to get the 10.1 @ 140mph in their black car last year, they had to run 40+psi and a 150 shot. Pretty lame if you ask me. If they weren't so rush rush into everything it would have never happened. Why not just make a few passes on low boost no nitrous just to see how it goes? Then work your way up from there.
I was at showdown before listening to him talk up the car, it didnt look to bad, what are they running.. a t72? anyways he said "We're hoping for 9's" so thats why I made that comment. Also, the car didnt explode from running to much boost.

I cant believe they were running a plastic fuel cell. Why couldnt they spend the extra $50 for something suited to the cars needs? I'm also not surprised it b lew up due to the horific stories ive heard from coming to university of toledo about them. I wouldnt let them even drive in my car let alone work on it. I hope showdown puts on another show next year too, added some extra excitement.
Old Apr 19, 2005, 12:10 AM
Evolving Member

Damn, now that - boys and girls - is a fire. Thankgod for Nomex, though that guy didn't seem to care too much from the looks of some of those pictures.
Old Apr 19, 2005, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
I didn't look at this car, I have seen Showdowns work in the past and it was all hack work. I don't know about this car but their last was one step short of scrap in my book.[/url]
David, that's a BS comment. Try showing some class.
Old Apr 19, 2005, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

Sometimes the truth hurts. He would probably know better than most others.
Old Apr 19, 2005, 07:26 AM

I could just as easily say the same thing about some of the stuff I've seen David work on too. Whether they did some things to quickly get the car ready or not is not the point. Just makes no sense to kick someone while they're down. Again, David showed no class....
Old Apr 19, 2005, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
On this subject - I wanted to add that the track personel acted immediately and WITHOUT regard to personal saftey to risk their lives to try and rescue this guy's car. The starter and another guy were right up next to that car even after the driver was safley out trying to put out the flames with fire exitinquishers. I bet it cost the track a small fortune in re-fill costs with all the material they dumped on that car. Honestly, I was over 150 feet away and I was scared the car would explode sop I moved furthyer away. Although the smoke was burning my eyes and lungs from afar the track guys hung in there the whole time.

People who are being arm chair quarterbacks on the internet were not there to obesrve the gallant efforts of the Norwalk crew who really impressed me.

Norwalk is the best track I have even been to it bothers me when people make negative comments about it.
i think there should be more appreciation to those that tried to help.
Old Apr 19, 2005, 08:07 AM

My brother-in-law had my camcorder and caught it on video. I will put it on the PC if people want to see it, but I'd need somebody to host the vid. If I get an offer to host, I'll post it on the net...
Old Apr 19, 2005, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
ohioko4s4,

Don't be mad because nobody wants to street race your Audi. Don't be mad because I wouldn't allow you to run your Supra at the event. Don't be mad because you don't own an EVO.

I showed truth, I'm never claimed to be classy guy, a truthful guy yes.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Apr 19, 2005, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

I can host the vid.. just pm me.
Old Apr 19, 2005, 09:11 AM

Talking

ohioko4s4,

Don't be mad because nobody wants to street race your Audi. Don't be mad because I wouldn't allow you to run your Supra at the event. Don't be mad because you don't own an EVO.

I showed truth, I'm never claimed to be classy guy, a truthful guy yes.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
I have no issue with you David. Not sure why you wanted to bring up my cars, they have nothing to do with this??? Hell, the Supra wasn't done anyway and I had plenty of fun with the Audi over the weekend - there are lots of people who want to hand me my *** in that car, they just haven't done it yet Ask Cosmo.

All I'm saying is I know some of the folks involved in that car and to say they are a bunch of hacks is like me posting a thread that your you're a hack because I saw a f-up’d job you did awhile back with an unsatisfied customer. No one is perfect; they quickly put the car together to make YOUR event and paid the price. Live and learn I guess. But it's my opinion you should not criticize someone for making an effort to come to your event that had an unfortunate problem. Please correct me if I’m wrong, but I didn’t see the shop owner blasting you and the track for not having full extinguishers….
Old Apr 19, 2005, 09:54 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ohioko4s4
Ask Cosmo.
This is completely off topic and I apologize.

For something that was done out of fun and sportsmanship I find it funny that you are flapping your gums about it on here.
First off, it was not Cosmo's car.
Second, a few lengths were put on your blue turd the 2nd and 3rd go around.
Third, Your car has legs that reach much beyond that cars ~150mph limit. If you call it winning in that sense you should seek therapy.
Old Apr 19, 2005, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Shearer
This is completely off topic and I apologize.

For something that was done out of fun and sportsmanship I find it funny that you are flapping your gums about it on here.
First off, it was not Cosmo's car.
Second, a few lengths were put on your blue turd the 2nd and 3rd go around.
Third, Your car has legs that reach much beyond that cars ~150mph limit. If you call it winning in that sense you should seek therapy.
wrong car, wrong race dude. Get your facts straight, then let's talk.
Old Apr 19, 2005, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
You haven't seen or heard about it all ohhioko4s4. There is so much going on from that fire right now it would make your head spin.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Apr 19, 2005, 10:05 AM

You haven't seen or heard about it all ohhioko4s4. There is so much going on from that fire right now it would make your head spin.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Ok, fair enough, I was not aware they were taking it any further. I take back that last comment then....

Quick Reply: DSM Fire at Mitsubishi vs Subaru Event...large pics