Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

DSM Fire at Mitsubishi vs Subaru Event...large pics

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2005, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damn that sucks
at least he got out ok
Old Apr 21, 2005, 02:38 PM

ok well since this is my first post on this topic its going to be kinda long. i live here in toledo and i have heard from the driver and have tons and tons of info on this, so here goes.
Have i talked to you since the fire? NO

That isn't the same 1g that blew up last year at the shootout, is it?
it isnt the same car, but it is the same owner and driver. they still have that car, but since they werent happy with it, they just started over with a new one for this season.
I do not believe our black car blew up at the shoot out last year, it was there with some AEM issues. I think you are mistaken, I do believe it was jeff Elliot's car that had the nirous back fire last year. But correct me if i am wrong.

do agree it was not totally the fault of the track. they did everything they could to put the fire out. only problem now is the owner of the car is planning on filing a law suit against norwalk for the $50,000 in damage to the car. ok racing is a risky sport. dont go blaming someone else for mistake you made in the way you built the car.
WE are NOT sueing the track. We do understand they did everything they could. What mistake did we make in building the car? Use an aeromotive fuel rail?

After getting the car back and going over eveything the cause of the fire is the aeromotive fuel rail. It has three brackets that bolt to the fuel rail and then the otherside of the bracket bolts to the head. The bolts that bolt to the fuel railed came out and let the fuel rail move enough to unseat the injectors and spray fuel into the engine back. Per the video the second bang is a back fire which ignited the fuel and started the fire. We talked to Aeromotive today and they said the bolts are supposed to have loctite from the factory.
We had a nitous back fire which blew the fuel rail off, then another which ignited the fuel as you can clearly hear and see in the video. I can show you pics of the fuel rail if you want all **** ****ed and the injectors unseated.
How are those stories diffrent?

Here is my Hack Job

Thanks for your time
Have a nice day
Brad
Old Apr 21, 2005, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Kid Lancer 7
I disagree...^^ Theese guys aren't NYFD or LAFD. this is some small town these guys have nothing else to do.. they coulda came quicker IMO.. BUt all that ever matters is that the driver walked away from the incident. i feel really bad for that lady mannn... i hope that wasnt her daily driver not sure if the insurance will cover this one

another thing you have to remember is because it is a small town the firefighters are volunteer. they dont stay at the firestation like bigger cities. when a call comes in, it goes over the radio then they have to drive to the station, get the vehicles and respond. thats why it took longer for the fire department to get there. my dad was a volunteer firefighter in a small city like this. it kinda sucks cause you could be sitting down having dinner with your family or at your kids game adn have to rush off and leave becasue there is a fire. trust me....the time it took for them to get there was as quickly as they could have.
Old Apr 21, 2005, 04:09 PM
Evolved Member

God damn that blows...
Old Apr 21, 2005, 06:32 PM
SOF
Evolving Member

sue them!

http://mdn.mainichi.co.jp/news/archi...fp019000c.html
Old Apr 21, 2005, 08:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Showdown
How are those stories diffrent?

Here is my Hack Job

Thanks for your time
Have a nice day
Brad

Nice hack job that blew after 2 passes. Stop burning cars for a living.
Old Apr 22, 2005, 06:04 PM

ya know brad thats funny. i never said "i talked to you" i said i heard from the driver...check the forum...you have posted numerous times since the event. on top of that, i have spoken with your friends and if you want to say they are lying, then so is your roomate cheddar cause he told me the same thing everyone else did. where the suit against the track is concerned, the owner of showdown has been telling people that he is going to sue the track. i believe there is a release of liability waiver you signed when you entered the track. this is to make sure they dont get sued.
as for the comment about the 1g that blew up last year...when they responded to that post pages back, it was picture of your car they had posted with it broken down on the track. i was just saying it wasnt the same car, but it is the same owner and driver. make sure you read the whole topic before opening your mouth.
Old Apr 23, 2005, 09:31 AM

Our car never broke down at last years shoot out i believe you are mistaken i did not see any pics of our black car.

WE have never said we were going to sue the track period.
Old Apr 23, 2005, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by twoody54
My brother-in-law had my camcorder and caught it on video. I will put it on the PC if people want to see it, but I'd need somebody to host the vid. If I get an offer to host, I'll post it on the net...
I have already posted it...

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=134476
Old Apr 23, 2005, 10:32 AM
Evolving Member

Wow, this is pretty interesting. I'll post my opinion into this mess...just because after I invested the time to read all the previous posts, I feel the need to contribute my useless .02.

First, it sucks. Whenever a car that has a lot of work put into it goes up...it's no good.

With that said, if you track a car (and hence build it for tracking it), you're taking a chance. I'm sure they knew that. I've seen many race cars my family owned spin out due to the person driving the car, or wrecked due to another person's driving. We don't like it, but if we weren't willing to take that chance, we don't put them on the track.

Last, I believe the majority of the responsibility of the safety for the driver and car is on the person building the car. *I believe* the track's responsibility is to the safety of the people at the track, including the driver. I do think that they should make every reasonable attempt to save the car, but there are times that can't happen. Before I track a car, I make sure it has what I'm comfortable with for safe driving. Typically this far exceeds the requirements of the track for a "track day". If something happens due to an oversight on my part, I have nobody to blame but myself. Hopefully they aren't taking this out on the track or event, as there probably could have been some precautions taking that would have increased their chances of saving the car, or perhaps it was just one of those things that would have toasted the car either way.

I do feel for the owner(s) of the car, as well as for the track. Nobody involved with a race event likes to see these types of things happen, no matter the reason. Sorry to see it happen, and I'm sorry to see all the emotion it's caused. Best of luck to everybody involved.
Old Apr 25, 2005, 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by cmj
I'm shocked, was there ANY safety crew on site? If this guy had been stuck it the car he would have been killed. The managment at this track needs to be fired, watching how long it took for a fire crew to show up really pissed me off.

Norwalk is a world class track.

Most heavy car fires at a NHRA track are put out by the drivers on board fire supression.

No one needs to be fired, you're at a track.

Sucks that happened.
Old Apr 25, 2005, 02:48 PM
Evolving Member

Showdown should be banned from all race tracks. They are way too much of a hazard. Every time I see one of their cars it either sucks or blows the **** up. Usually blows the **** up though. Some innocent people are at risk if they ever make another pass.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Showdown
Our car never broke down at last years shoot out i believe you are mistaken i did not see any pics of our black car.

WE have never said we were going to sue the track period.
wow you must be blind. page 5 post #63. i do believe that looks like you and the wonderful showdown motorsports car.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 12:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
That picture is of Jeff Elliot's car, I am almost positive of this. It has a Turbo Trix sticker on the back window. We use to sponsor Jeff, he switched his stuff over and caught on fire See the pattern here?

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Apr 28, 2005, 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SOF
90 million yen??? What's that in American $$$, about $1.89???

Quick Reply: DSM Fire at Mitsubishi vs Subaru Event...large pics