Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

HELP Mitsu voided warranty b/c of this

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2005, 07:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are missing a set of vaccum lines that connect to your wastegate actuator, turbo housing nipple, air intake hose and stock solinoid. You need part number: MN143555. Do you have a boost gauge? You are probably only getting 11 PSI. Here's a quick pic of what you need.
Attached Thumbnails HELP Mitsu voided warranty b/c of this-imag0031-copy.jpg  
Old Apr 16, 2005, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

Do you have a MBC? Did you buy the car at the dealership you tried to get service at?
Old Apr 16, 2005, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

Thank you, this thread has brought me to the conclusion that I'm definatley going to take off my boost controller when i get my service. I have aftermarket silicone hoses too. I wonder if they'll restrict my warantee for those.
Old Apr 16, 2005, 08:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dizzigital
defective. Warranty.
thank you....unless they saw another device connected to that then cant just assume without any proof...get it in writing that they are denying you service because of it...and go to the authorities if need be
Old Apr 16, 2005, 09:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Can someone translate? I can't believe people are really this bad...
Oi, read my mind Warrtalon. >.<
Old Apr 16, 2005, 09:54 PM
Evolving Member

Dude here what you do, call the district rep and tell him that you purchased an evo and you noticed it was unpluged and that the dealer told you your warenty was void. Tell him you want the car checked out and say you want mitsu to replace the hose at your cost. This way they can check the car for any damage, and they can fix it with there parts. You need to show them your not trying to dick them over. Just be honest.

As for removing boost controlers when going in for service, hum. If you **** breaks cause you had to much boost then man up and pay. But if say your a/c takes a **** one day and you have to take the car in. then yes remove the boost controler so that way theres no issues. 99% of the time its the gay *** mechanics that try to dick you over with this warenty ****. Its not mitsu there not out to hate everyone. for mitsu to do this then it would have to be done by a district rep.
Old Apr 16, 2005, 10:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Can someone translate? I can't believe people are really this bad...
believe it. and it's not "bad", if you ask me. just a spew of information in my eyes.

he was basically saying the dealership thinks it's disconnected because of a modification to the vehicle.

he also said that the vehicle must feel strange with the solenoid detached.

he then concluded with he doesn't think a warranty should be voided just because of a disconnected wire.

www.babelfish.com

Last edited by dizzigital; Apr 16, 2005 at 10:09 PM. Reason: quote insertion
Old Apr 16, 2005, 10:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LateSleeper
You are missing a set of vaccum lines that connect to your wastegate actuator, turbo housing nipple, air intake hose and stock solinoid. You need part number: MN143555. Do you have a boost gauge? You are probably only getting 11 PSI. Here's a quick pic of what you need.
Old Apr 16, 2005, 10:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lookslikeanevo
thank you....unless they saw another device connected to that then cant just assume without any proof...get it in writing that they are denying you service because of it...and go to the authorities if need be
they're all clowns. he'll get it covered, but not before they test every sweaty angle beforehand.
Old Apr 16, 2005, 10:08 PM
Evolved Member

like latesleeper said you're only running like 11-12 psi they can't void your warranty for that...hell you're easier on it than stock. just get the vaccum tube set or go to pep boys and get the pieces. if you go the pep boys route make sure to get some restrictors and put them in the proper places. good luck.
Old Apr 16, 2005, 10:10 PM
Evolving Member

wow thanks for all the replies this really explains alot, yes i do have a boost gauge and yes it is reading only 11 psi(latesleeper) no i dont have an mbc. i will definatly go back to mitsu with this new info that i have and try to sort things out again thanks for the knowledge everyone
Old Apr 16, 2005, 11:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lookslikeanevo
they cant deny your warrantee based on disconected hoses get it in writing and take it up all the way....know your rights
Examples, they can't deny your paint warrenty if you have an upgraded ecu...
they can't deny ur engine warrenty just b/c you have a CAI. they only way your warrenty can be voided is if the modded item causes the problem, then ur SOL
Old Apr 16, 2005, 11:36 PM
Former Sponsor

thaden84

Keep us up to date.
Old Apr 16, 2005, 11:54 PM
Evolving Member

i will keep everyone up to date thanks for the input
Old Apr 17, 2005, 12:15 AM
Evolving Member

if i ran a 14.2 1/4 mile at 11 psi with old spark plugs and since then i put in one range colder copper spark plugs and i can feel the difference what would 7.5 more psi do isnt it 10 hp / lb of boost. is there another mod im missing on this car? i mean it is fast as hell at 11 psi what if 18.5

and i have checked the intake and exhaust is bone stock no mbc or ebc could there be something else

Quick Reply: HELP Mitsu voided warranty b/c of this