Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

HELP Mitsu voided warranty b/c of this

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2005, 12:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey!! Same thing happened to me when I bought my Evo a month ago!!! I got an '04. Tried passing some people and the car bucked so insanely bad (and it wasnt as it was shifting) it was enough to put you in a ditch! Took it to Mitsu and they found the same part thats on yours. They removed it and my car has been fine since.
Did you have problems with yours? How did you find it? Mitsu is pulling BS...they didnt void my warantee...they simply removed it....said they musta missed it when they went over the car. Id raise hell if I were you!

Last edited by Lancer_Lady; Apr 24, 2005 at 09:27 PM.
Old Apr 17, 2005, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by TeamAccolade
Examples, they can't deny your paint warrenty if you have an upgraded ecu...
they can't deny ur engine warrenty just b/c you have a CAI. they only way your warrenty can be voided is if the modded item causes the problem, then ur SOL

Ouch

Last edited by Rahzek; Apr 24, 2005 at 09:28 PM.
Old Apr 17, 2005, 06:59 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by thadon84
if i ran a 14.2 1/4 mile at 11 psi with old spark plugs and since then i put in one range colder copper spark plugs and i can feel the difference what would 7.5 more psi do isnt it 10 hp / lb of boost. is there another mod im missing on this car? i mean it is fast as hell at 11 psi what if 18.5

and i have checked the intake and exhaust is bone stock no mbc or ebc could there be something else
Get those vacuum lines installed and you'll be at 19.5 PSI. Just in case, check all the clamps on your upper intercooler pipeing to the throttle body and factory diverter valve. Use a 10 MM socket and just tighten them up. Sounds like everything else is okay. When you hit 19.5 PSI, you'll be like "Oh my god!".

If you have a tough time getting the vacuum lines, you can order it from mitsubishiparts.net. Just type in the part number I mentioned before. I think it's like $20.
Old Apr 17, 2005, 07:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 61 Likes on 46 Posts
Yes that is your boost control solenoid. It was probably disconnected because the previous owner had a MBC.
Looks like he didn't reconnect it, OR, you just may have the MBC still installed, but you haven't "noticed" it yet
under the hood. Look for the vacuum line, if any, coming from a nipple near the turbo outlet and from the wastegate actuator.
If they are there, follow them to where they go.
If there are none, you are in real trouble. You are overboosting like crazy. With no boost pressure to the actuator,
the wastegate will never open. The actuator needs ~12psi of boost pressure to overcome the spring.

I will try to find some pics as examples of what to look for.

Look in this thread at post #3. You will see some pics to help you out.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ht=mbc+install

Last edited by mikesevo8; Apr 17, 2005 at 07:38 AM.
Old Apr 17, 2005, 10:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
haha, this is a question, correct??Okay, yes and yes!
Originally Posted by Evoisdream
lol thats crap thats you solienoid like they have been saying u disconnect it for a boost controller like said so ur car must feel weird if you are not running a boost controller? i dont know unless thier is something hooked up i dont know if they can void for it being accidently disconnected?