Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

cams and dynoflash

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2005, 10:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The difference between custom tune and mail-in tune is very minimal. Dynoflash will reprogram your mail-in ECU based on your current mods, and will leave a very small margin for safety. We're talking A/F ratio of 11.2 vs. maybe 11.4. The difference maybe not be distinguishable with the butt dyno.

If you don't tune immediately after installing cams and pump, it won't hurt the engine...you just won't run efficiently.
Old Apr 17, 2005, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dr. Fob
The difference between custom tune and mail-in tune is very minimal. Dynoflash will reprogram your mail-in ECU based on your current mods, and will leave a very small margin for safety. We're talking A/F ratio of 11.2 vs. maybe 11.4. The difference maybe not be distinguishable with the butt dyno.

If you don't tune immediately after installing cams and pump, it won't hurt the engine...you just won't run efficiently.
Im not completely sure about that one. Every car is different and I tihnk custom tune is better. I know Ive seen dynos of people who have gotten +20whp after getting a custom over their mail-in, from the same vendor they got the mail-in from!
Old Apr 17, 2005, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

tt? how much is it to install cams+ valve springs and retainers. and custom dyno?
do i have to make an appointment for this>?