Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

i just got an evo!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2005, 07:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
enjoy your car and be careful. There is nothing wrong with parents buying cars for their teenage kids... nothing wrong with being spoiled. I was in your shoes once
Old Apr 17, 2005, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dude just keep it red, and congrats on the car
Old Apr 17, 2005, 08:16 AM
Evolved Member

At least you know you're spoiled and you know that with a car like that, its more responsibility. Props for honesty from the start. I wish I had an Evolution. Keep it red though. There's nothing you can do, whatever color you paint it, you'll still get unwanted attention.

I'm not spoiled, but my daughter will be. haha.

Last edited by wingnut17; Apr 17, 2005 at 08:26 AM.
Old Apr 17, 2005, 08:40 AM
Evolving Member

Congrats... i got my Evo when i was 19 so thats close enough to 17LOL .. though i had to work double jobs during summer to put a $8k down payment..LOL Hope you enjoy your Evo
Old Apr 17, 2005, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
color? pink and stickers... j/k

as far for turbo timer, get used one from ebay or ask localy - you can use harness from dsm's 95-99 eclipse or 95-98 talon turbo i paid $40 for my timer (greddy)

sweet ride.
Old Apr 17, 2005, 09:31 AM
Evolving Member

i really love the color i'm just afraid of people messing with the car when i'm not around, ie keying it or breaking in to it. I live in the suburbs and my freakin crx got broken into
Old Apr 17, 2005, 09:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SpnSprt
I like the color but my old crx was white and had a mild body kit and i was hassled to no end by the police, i've gotten pulled over about 14 times in two years many times for doing nothing (but a few of those times i deserved it)
Do not paint your car.. I have a nice black 04 gsr with 5,000 miles on it, if you want a less noticible color then I got it. Trade me, save the cost of paint.. BTW the extra 5 hp wont be noticible after driving my car ... u dont need active diffs bilsteins and a 6 speed.
Old Apr 17, 2005, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

Just trade your evo for another color...
Old Apr 17, 2005, 09:42 AM
gtr
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AznFlip
Just trade your evo for another color...
If you dont' want attention why don't you get a different car
Old Apr 17, 2005, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

dang guys, get of this kids case. If he wants to paint it. more power to him. the factory paint that comes on our car is junk anyways. congrates on the car. it's definately a blast and it's very intoxicating. just be careful. the car will give you a false sense of stability if you don't know how to control it. If you have access to any high performance driving schools. I would definately go for that. It's a good learning experience and fun at the same time. The Evo is definately a learning experience. just be careful and have fun( the legal way).

-Chad-
Old Apr 17, 2005, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

^ well if you paint the car into diff. color and you won't paint the engine bay... it will be one those car with multi colors...
Old Apr 17, 2005, 10:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AznFlip
^ well if you paint the car into diff. color and you won't paint the engine bay... it will be one those car with multi colors...
well, the way he talks. his family is pretty well off. So maybe for graduation or his birthday they'll have it painted for him. I doubt anybody is gonna do a half *** paint job on an evo. espicially if they've got some money...

-Chad-
Old Apr 17, 2005, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

the consideration of wanted to paint a brand new car makes me want to barf. I'll admit that everyone here is probably jeleous you got an MR without having to work for it. (and dont claim you worked for it, because you didnt). I do agree with the advice that you should take a driving class because you are going to drive the car stupid (its not really your fault that you will, thats just the way teenagers are), and id like to not see another totaled evo.
Old Apr 17, 2005, 10:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
If it wasn't bad enough that you're a teenager who was given a 35k world-class, street-legal rally car, you already want to paint the color? Why didn't you just get the color you want, if you don't like red. The Rally Red MR is one of the hottest looking Evos ever made. The Red with dark grey highlights (rims/wing/shark fins) is quite a sight to behold. The last thing you should do is start messing with that beautiful paint.
agreed
Old Apr 17, 2005, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

You don't need a driving class, all you have to do is be a responsible and safe driver.