Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Arrested for street racing

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2005, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol...all you people telling him to ditch his wife and keep the car are either:

a) Not married
or
b) Just plain stupid

Get married sometime and see if things are still "yours or hers" because it doesn't quite work like that 90% of the time.

Sorry about the arrest man, my buddy did the same thing in his Maxima a couple years back. Not a fun time, I'll tell you. It serves you right, I mean, you broke the law, got caught, and it's good that you understand that and agree.

Sorry you gotta lose the car, but it's not worth the potential for more trouble down the road.
Old Apr 17, 2005, 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I drive my EVO I am always careful and I drive slow and under the speed limit. Knock on wood I never got speeding ticket in my EVO. However, I punch it every once a while in empty clean areas where I am 99% that there is no cops and no one to hurt. I was crazy long time a go but I think it's just not worth it anymore. I take hard turns on and off ramps and that makes me smile but there is no way that I am going crazy fast 80~90 miles on small streets. I find myself speeding in he R32 but it's not as flashy as the EVO so no worries there.

Good luck
Old Apr 17, 2005, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

I too got caught but I got REAL lucky. Cuz the cop chased after the dick who took off and he came back for me. Found beer cans but I think he was more pissed at the other guy. So he told me to be careful and let me cross the state line even w/o a warning!!!

Yes, that was freaking lucky. And, Yes, I have learned a lesson!

I think it would really help for some of evo drivers to get involved in autocross racing or some sort to release our angst...
Old Apr 17, 2005, 03:33 PM
K.I
Evolving Member

sell it and buy a geo metro. that should solve all your racing problems. oh yea make sure its 92 and heavily used. when driving that thing i had to do one of those 'manually shifting an auto' type things just cause it sucked that bad
Old Apr 17, 2005, 04:56 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
sell the bike, house, the dog, your wife for hire, but not the evo...
Old Apr 17, 2005, 05:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GotBoost25psi
no i have to sell it, im addicted to street racing and everytime i drive i have to punch it so i want to do it for my own good, i think my wife is more important than a stupid car (i wouldnt have said that 2 years ago)

Last time I looked they do have both road and drag race courses in texas.....

Percy
Old Apr 17, 2005, 05:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GotBoost25psi
no i have to sell it, im addicted to street racing and everytime i drive i have to punch it so i want to do it for my own good, i think my wife is more important than a stupid car (i wouldnt have said that 2 years ago)
At least you have your priorities straight...car is definitely not worth your marriage.
Old Apr 17, 2005, 05:20 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
that's why 40% of the people who marry in us gets divorced.

because wife doesn't understand the husbands passion, all she cares about is her own crap and money.

Originally Posted by Sailorgoon
lol...all you people telling him to ditch his wife and keep the car are either:

a) Not married
or
b) Just plain stupid

Get married sometime and see if things are still "yours or hers" because it doesn't quite work like that 90% of the time.

Sorry about the arrest man, my buddy did the same thing in his Maxima a couple years back. Not a fun time, I'll tell you. It serves you right, I mean, you broke the law, got caught, and it's good that you understand that and agree.

Sorry you gotta lose the car, but it's not worth the potential for more trouble down the road.
Old Apr 17, 2005, 05:21 PM
Former Vendor

should have kept going.. you were screwed anyways...
Old Apr 17, 2005, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

that sux. but its not as if you hi-jacked an armored car. you got caught racing, big deal. your wife AND the police should be thankful you aren't one of the millions of dirtbags out there robbing liquor stores and raping little children. tell your wife to quit acting so naive and find a worthwhile cause to crusade.
Old Apr 17, 2005, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

That sucks that you got arrested. All these people that are telling you to ditch your wife and keep the Evo are smoking crack. What you need to do is sell the Evo as soon as you can and start kissing your wifes ***. Taking her to nice dinners, giving her flowers and not having any stupid fights. Then a year from now you talk her into getting an Evo IX. You're going to have to convince her that you are never going to street race ever again and how you'll only track the car once in a while. Good luck bro god knows you need it.
Old Apr 17, 2005, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

Didn't you know street racing is illegal? Not only that..it's dangerous, risky, and above all...dumb.
Old Apr 17, 2005, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by inariv5573
Didn't you know street racing is illegal? Not only that..it's dangerous, risky, and above all...dumb.
must be a cop! i think everyone know this! DA!
Old Apr 17, 2005, 05:58 PM
Evolved Member

As much as you have a problem speeding, it is you who controls your fate. The bodies puts out urges, you are the one who can either act on the them or resist them.
Old Apr 17, 2005, 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

I got busted in the Winter of 03, about 3 months after getting out of the Navy. I was at a redlight right after work, and there was a girl that I worked with rev'ing her engine at me. I had a T-bird SC. Those cars are great for their time, 220hp, 330tq stock, anyway.... I rev it up to about 3000, dump the clutch and burn tires through 3 gears....then I see the cherries.

I worked at a prison at the time, and the cop is telling me how he could take me off to jail....So I showed him my badge and told him that I had already been there! He let me off with a disorderly conduct and a $150 fine.

Quick Reply: Arrested for street racing