Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Arrested for street racing

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2005, 07:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In Illinois, you could get caught "drag racing" (a Class C misdemeanor) in a Geo Metro... even if you're racing other Geo Metros.

"Drag racing" means the act of 2 or more individuals competing or racing on any street or highway in this State in a situation in which one of the motor vehicles is beside or to the rear of a motor vehicle operated by a competing driver and the one driver attempts to prevent the competing driver from passing or overtaking, either by acceleration or maneuver, or one or more individuals competing in a race against time on any street or highway in this State. 625 ILCS 5/11-504

So point is, if the law in your state is similar, then it doesn't matter whether you're in an Evo or not. The culprit is your right foot. Plead with the wife, keep the Evo, and cut off your right foot..
Old Apr 18, 2005, 09:02 AM
Evolving Member

na

Gotboost25psi's wife>>>>
I think all guys should have their passions and i know all guys are into their cars but when u cant drive a car without showing off what is the point of even having it. I wouldnt be making him get rid of this car if he would have slowed down a long time ago when he recieved all of the other warnings and tickets. Not only that must of the time he has our 3 year old in the back seat. Must of u are jealous because he actually has a wife and not just some ho that is with him for his car or money.
Old Apr 18, 2005, 09:04 AM

Wow, my friend had a similar situation... I'd get a good lawyer, they should be able to get you outta trouble. ITs probably going to cost a lot though $$$
Old Apr 18, 2005, 09:13 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Hi everyone,

These forums are for discussion and debate in an informal setting. We will not tolerate immature comments and flames, particularly from newbie’s. We welcome the newbie’s and suggest you review the rules for our forums. If you cannot discuss and debate without embarrassing yourselves, then do not post.

I have disabled two accounts....... so far and advise you to pick another website if you want to use personal insults etc. Thanks and enjoy our website.

Speedlimit...
Old Apr 18, 2005, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by burningmoney97
so that makes it right for what he did?
boy your philosophy on life is great ......
not saying its right, just trying to give people a little perspective. especially you, hawaii.
Old Apr 18, 2005, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by F&I-EVO
COMMENT REMOVED. USER ACCOUNT DISABLED 1 DAY FOR FLAMING.
Old Apr 18, 2005, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by GotBoost25psi
Gotboost25psi's wife>>>>
Not only that must of the time he has our 3 year old in the back seat.
Damn. Now that's just borderline retarded. If I ever race with my baby in the back seat, I would fully expect my wife to kick my *** down the street and back.