Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Which 3" Downpipe and Testpipe to go with my HKS Hi-Power?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2005, 05:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which 3" Downpipe and Testpipe to go with my HKS Hi-Power?

I have an 03 Evo VIII with the HKS Hi-Power exhaust and I am wondering which 3" downpipe and testpipe I should get that fits it. I don't really care about how loud it will be just that I want a testpipe that wont cause the check engine light to come on. As far as the downpipe goes I am leaning more towards the Helix or Perrin downpipe I just need to know which one will clear my RMR lower arm brace and which one wont rattle or rub against anything. So please help me out with which combo I should go with.

Thanks
Michael
Old Apr 17, 2005, 06:06 PM
Evolving Member

I have the HKS hi-power and i used the Ultimate Racing test pipe with an ebay downpipe, do a search on ebay, i belive its a helix replica...everything fit up perfect
Old Apr 17, 2005, 06:49 PM
Evolving Member

i have the dc sport dp w/ cat delete. amazing increase in hp. one piece instead of two. only 229.00 off hopupracing.com
Old Apr 17, 2005, 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I think the HKS HiPower necks down to 2.5" at the flange (to the stock cat location). You may have to get a shop to cut about 6" back and weld on a 3" pipe section with a 3" flange.
and Yes the DC-Sports 3" DP+testpipe-in-one is about the best bang for the bucks.