Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Im screwed

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2005, 08:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MO_EVO8
I have a stock clutch with 5K miles on it like brand new uninstalled by Buschur, I'll let it go cheap to give you a hand. PM if your interested.......
This is the kind of attitude I wish more Evo owners would have... S2K owner attitudes If I had a way to help you out, I'd totally do it too. I vote for the call AMS option, tell them your whole story, and I'm sure they'll help you out.
Old Apr 17, 2005, 08:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by chaotichoax
this is a community we are suppose to help eachother.
amen
Old Apr 17, 2005, 08:58 PM
Evolving Member

damn, kid, you're in some deep poo , i would hate to be in your situation. just listen to what these guys are telling you and time to break your piggy bank. screw the prom, proms are just a big hype. when i was in high school, i didn't even have money for that **** and i don't miss not going to it. your rotors prolly just have lots of pad transfer which will eventually go away. good luck
Old Apr 17, 2005, 09:08 PM
Account Disabled

P.S. I would NEVER buy a used clutch, ever. I equate it to getting a used Condom

Just get yourself an ACT

Borrow the money from your parents and pay them back
Old Apr 17, 2005, 09:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by umiami80

Borrow the money from your parents and pay them back
or not , up 2 you
Old Apr 17, 2005, 09:22 PM

Old Apr 18, 2005, 01:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
i bet yer rotors aren't even warped....
Old Apr 18, 2005, 02:03 AM
Evolving Member

installation on an awd car is freaking expensive. screw prom, man. i went to it and it was a waste. if ur gf likes u that much then shell understand. just ask ur parents for the money if they got enough money to buy u an evo. good luck dude.
Old Apr 18, 2005, 03:09 AM
Evolved Member

well you have the car, you need it to go to work so fix it and **** her birthday for now. Take her out to eat or something. If she cant understand that, sell her but keep the car ok!
Old Apr 18, 2005, 06:10 AM
Evolving Member

I agree to disagree If you are a senior then you should go to prom, its a once in a lifetime event and regardless if you have fun you'll never know until you go.

Depending on how long you haved lived in your town or your parents odds are you know some pretty good mechanics. I dont know if you trust them but I know in my hometown in KY there are a few "good ole boys" around who could do a clutch for $100 in about 3 hours and not think anything of it.

And the whole girlfriend thing you've got about a 5% shot at marrying this girl so I would not get my emotions to wrapped up. If you are going to college then you deff dont want a girlfriend cause you'll just break up with her after the first year anyway. My suggestion get the heck out of your daily routine in your hometown and go see the world screw the girl there are plenty of them out there trust me

Good luck with your situation it looks like a few members have already stepped up to give you a hand

staton

Last edited by thestaton; Apr 18, 2005 at 06:13 AM.
Old Apr 18, 2005, 06:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AWDTurbo4
well you have the car, you need it to go to work so fix it and **** her birthday for now. Take her out to eat or something. If she cant understand that, sell her but keep the car ok!
Old Apr 18, 2005, 07:01 AM
Evolved Member

ok....first of all....i dont get how the whole "youre 16 nd having a kid" thing started.....i may be dumb, but im not an idiot.
For everyone who actually posted something USEFUL (other than those "youre 16 and driving an evo?" people) THANK YOU! That seriously saved me....i have enough for a clutch and install at AMS, but i wouldnt have had enough for new rotors. Now that i see that i can just rotate them, ill be good with that for a few months until i can get enough money to replace them.
I also agree with umiami80...I dont want to spend money on a used clutch that ill probably go through in a few thousand miles....instead id rather spend more money on a better clutch that will last me a lot longer.
So thank you to everyone who posted something useful....you were a big help.
Old Apr 18, 2005, 07:11 AM
Evolved Member

oh yeah...lol! you're the guy with the "Evo vs Girlfriend" thread a month ago.

not hating but...shatt happens, you're 16, deal with it...there's a million more things more crazier in the world than bad rotors and clutch....good luck.

Remember, you don't have to go with brand-name rotors...my buddy bought some custom slotted and dimped set of all 4 for the price of 2 name branded slotted ones!
Just shop around.

Last edited by mdosu; Apr 18, 2005 at 07:13 AM.
Old Apr 18, 2005, 07:14 AM
Evolved Member

I think the "baby" thing came from someone misreading "gf bday" in the first thread. I'm dyslexic, and that's how I read it at first.

Good luck getting the car running again, and know that you will continue to hemmorage money if you're going to the track often.
Old Apr 18, 2005, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Greg K
I think the "baby" thing came from someone misreading "gf bday" in the first thread. I'm dyslexic, and that's how I read it at first.

Good luck getting the car running again, and know that you will continue to hemmorage money if you're going to the track often.
lol yeah...from now on, im putting aside a few hundred bucks each month for track exenses and repairs.