Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

2005 Evo T-case Is Bad!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2005, 11:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd that think after all the crap you've been dealt with the dealer you might want to just fix it and then get rid of it and buy a different car. Buy a G35, GTO, Mustang, 350Z, S2000 or even a Vette. This thing is jinxed. The whole thing is a nightmare that has turned into a money pit. Cut your losses and buy something else. I have the feeling that you're going to keep fixing this thing for as long as you own it. A lot of times once you take a car apart like that no matter how many times you fix it it'll never be quite right.
Old Apr 18, 2005, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

ok here's what you should do. Eat a crap load of beans and buffalo wings the night before....the next day walk into the dealership service area....drop your pants and take a huge messy dump on the floor.

nothing makes a statement like fresh poop
Old Apr 18, 2005, 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the 05 TC is the same as 03-04 its just a little bigger. Good thing is that it has Helical LSD which for us 03-04 owners dont have. We have that crappy open diff! Go to TRE, Jon is awesome in fixing TC's and Trannies. Call him. It always seemed that 95% of the problem with the TC is incorrect fluid. See if you can get a sample of the fluid and have it sampled to see if it was the correct one. A lot of dealers dont put the right fluid and put the trannyu fluid in the TC
Old Apr 18, 2005, 11:43 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Kordwood
I'd that think after all the crap you've been dealt with the dealer you might want to just fix it and then get rid of it and buy a different car. Buy a G35, GTO, Mustang, 350Z, S2000 or even a Vette. This thing is jinxed. The whole thing is a nightmare that has turned into a money pit. Cut your losses and buy something else. I have the feeling that you're going to keep fixing this thing for as long as you own it. A lot of times once you take a car apart like that no matter how many times you fix it it'll never be quite right.
This thought has been looming in my mind, but nothing meets all of my needs like the evo does. I want something fast and with at least back seats if not 4 doors.
Old Apr 18, 2005, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Rez90
ok here's what you should do. Eat a crap load of beans and buffalo wings the night before....the next day walk into the dealership service area....drop your pants and take a huge messy dump on the floor.

nothing makes a statement like fresh poop
!!!!
Old Apr 18, 2005, 11:47 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by EVIL_EVO_VIII
I think the 05 TC is the same as 03-04 its just a little bigger. Good thing is that it has Helical LSD which for us 03-04 owners dont have. We have that crappy open diff! Go to TRE, Jon is awesome in fixing TC's and Trannies. Call him. It always seemed that 95% of the problem with the TC is incorrect fluid. See if you can get a sample of the fluid and have it sampled to see if it was the correct one. A lot of dealers dont put the right fluid and put the trannyu fluid in the TC
funny u say that cuz the last time i got my car back from the dealer my TC overflow tank for the ACD was overflowing with fluid because they topped it off instead of putting it between the high and low line like they were supposed to. and then after that it was never the same
Old Apr 18, 2005, 11:49 AM
Former Sponsor

My local dealer tells me they dont sell TC parts and you have to buy a whole brand new T-case. Is this true?
Old Apr 18, 2005, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

i don't think most dealers can handle proper maintance on the evo imo
Old Apr 18, 2005, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NOLIMITMOTORS
funny u say that cuz the last time i got my car back from the dealer my TC overflow tank for the ACD was overflowing with fluid because they topped it off instead of putting it between the high and low line like they were supposed to. and then after that it was never the same
I bet you anything they ****ed it up!! Go back and raise hell there! A lot of techs are stupid and dont read the manual and put reguar fluid in the TC and before you know it, its gone. I have 20k on my car with no probl(knock on wood), and i did the fluid changes my self to prevent this kind of things. Pull out a sample of the fluid like i mentioned and have it analyzied, most likely its the wrong one. Go to a different dealer and open a case with mitsu about the tranny and the TC!!
Old Apr 18, 2005, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NOLIMITMOTORS
My local dealer tells me they dont sell TC parts and you have to buy a whole brand new T-case. Is this true?
Yes its true . They arent trained to open the TC and rebulid. They order a new one. The only who does rebuild is TRE and Sheppard Racing! Mitsu would save so much money if they just opened the damn thing and rebuild instead of ordering a new one when they have to pay for it under warranty
Old Apr 18, 2005, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lil'evil_evo
i don't think most dealers can handle proper maintance on the evo imo
agreed
Old Apr 18, 2005, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

just buy a new tc, less headache
Old Apr 18, 2005, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

How about the new Lexus 300 IS coming out. It will have 300 horsepower and 4 doors. Yeah, it's expensive, but the way things are going it might end up being cheaper! Fix it and sell it!
Old Apr 18, 2005, 01:26 PM
Former Sponsor

I cant get an is300. My gf just got a 2005 is300 2 months ago. she'd be so jealous. Plus the 2006 is an IS250 with a 4cyl. 2007 should be a IS350 with mroe hp. time will tell
Old Apr 18, 2005, 01:28 PM
Former Sponsor

i'm going to get a 2004 RS T-case with LSD and eliminate the ACD in my car. Then i'll probably eliminate the button, change the cluster so you cant even tell. then i'll get a stock intercooler sprayer tank and put the bolt in alcohol sprayer kit in. thats the plan