Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

turbotrix or dynoflash?????

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2005, 06:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe I'm confused here, but I thought Dynoflash is just a flash, not a shop that installs mods on your Evo. If you're looking for a place to actually install aftermarket parts, then you'd pretty much have to go with Turbo Trix, no? As far as your ECU flash and/or engine management goes, do some research and go with whichever one you feel will work best for you.

l8r)
Old Apr 20, 2005, 06:28 AM
Evolving Member

dynoflash is the company that does mail-in flashes and also does custom tuning on dyno and off dyno. al from dynoflash does most of his tuning at pruven performance in milford,ct. he also travels the us, visitng various dyno centers tuning peoples car. supposidly if you get 5 or more people together for custom tuning he will fly out where you live. i have an appointment next week to get cams installed then custom tuned by al at pruven performace.(about 3-3 1/2 hrs away)
Old Apr 20, 2005, 02:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
let me no how you make out with your tune.
Old Apr 20, 2005, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mark at TurboTrix has always been very nice and knowledgable everytime he has been here in Texas. He has also flashed and tuned my car and I wouldn't let anybody else touch it. I would never badmouth dynoflash because I haven't had Al work on my car and I'm not even sure what he could possibly do to it now that Mark is done with it.
Old Apr 20, 2005, 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
i agree im not bad mouthing eather shop. im shore there bouth great tuners but when i call or talk to each shop i get a reaction from them like they want off the phone. witch i understand they may be bizy. so im here asking every 1s thoughts and how there experiance was at the shop. glad your satisfide.
Old Apr 20, 2005, 04:32 PM
Account Disabled

Just for clarification, Dan at Pruven is who does all my install work here in CT. I have been working out of his shop for almost year years now and he has done some very excelent work there on my customer's cars. Today he has like .00001 % come backs and mostly everything they do is done right the first time.
Old Apr 29, 2005, 01:21 PM
Former Sponsor

After researching it appears if you want a power advantage you will go with Turbotrix. TT tunes their AF's in the 11.5 range, while Dynoflash does thiers in the 10osh range. Mind you this is with basic bolt on mail flashes. If you want more power from Al I would only recommend that you ask him as both tuners use the same software and both have very extensive 4G63 tuning knowledge.

Although some new light in this debate that I would not post in the Dynoflash area because it is not Dynoflash related is that Turbotrix has no problem flashing with crank pullies. TT said they do increase power and that knock has not been an issue. This is contratry to what Dynoflash has said and it means if you have a pulley then go with Turbotrix. Turbotrix has I think the fastest EVO to record so far, so if your after status you can say TT has the fastest EVO AND they tuned your car.
Old Apr 29, 2005, 01:24 PM
Account Disabled

Hands down Turbotrix....
Old Apr 29, 2005, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

This isn't true. I've had two custom flashes and neither one of them was tuned anywhere near 10s. In fact both were very close to the 11.5 you mention.

Good luck!

Originally Posted by Joe's_EVO8
After researching it appears if you want a power advantage you will go with Turbotrix. TT tunes their AF's in the 11.5 range, while Dynoflash does thiers in the 10osh range.
Old Apr 29, 2005, 01:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have you ever tried researching AMS? check it out.

www.amstuned.com
Old Apr 29, 2005, 01:50 PM
Evolving Member

evodan you're looking for insight on these two tuners. you say search does not work, because all you find is flames etc. on this topic. why would you come back to the same forum/audience with the same discussion/topic question?

i don't have either tune, BUT aside from all of the bias and flames on evom i think both tuners are capable of good work. I wanted a reflash and i considered both, but i went with a standalone(cuz i got a sweet deal). I believe both tuners will give you very similar results especially for the street. You wanna be crazy and worry about a 1/10th of a second here and there then i wouldn't get a reflash...street driving isn't that competitive and if it is to you then you should be getting a standalone or piggyback. Although i do think both tunes will make you competitive anyway. i digress...
Old Apr 29, 2005, 02:05 PM
Evolving Member

I have had both flashes and you will be happy with both tuners, i found that tt felt like it was coming on to cam at 4grand, it was nice but not nearly as smooth as als. What i recomend is talking to both tuners and going with who you feel most comfortable with. If you really want you can pm me and i tell you the pros and cons i had with both.
Old Apr 29, 2005, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

Can't speak for TurboTrix, but I am very happy with my Dynoflash!
Old Apr 29, 2005, 03:04 PM
Former Sponsor

I have had a couple of friends say their dynoflash mail in tune say it made a world of difference and others say it wasnt that big of a deal. I want a flash to smooth out the AFR's and of course net the most power safely. A tenth does matter to me because I want every dollar I spend on the EVO to go as FAR as possible.

I think I may start a poll on who has more flashes TT/Dynoflash. Although I am afraid it may start a battle. But anyways I think Dynoflash(Al) has done more flashing than anyone.

Also the guy that linked AMS above, do they do ECU flashes too?
Old Apr 29, 2005, 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

AMS doesn't do flashes. IIRC, the only flashes out there right now are: Dynoflash, Vishnu, Worx. Ye pays yer money and takes yer chances ... or, in other words, do your research and go with whomever you feel is best for what you are looking for.

l8r)

Quick Reply: turbotrix or dynoflash?????