Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Weird Walbro Fuel Pump problem

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2005, 04:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weird Walbro Fuel Pump problem

I had a very weird problem yesterday with my Walbro 255L fuel pump. After driving for about 45 minutes and when I got home turned the car off. I got back in my car about 30 minutes later and when I turned the car on the pump was EXTREMELY loud, almost like it was in high gear. Then after driving for about 2 minutes, it stopped and it went back to normal. Once I got to the gym, about 20 minutes later, I turned the car off, and then back on again to see if the pump would do it again. After turing the car on again, it was really loud for a split second and then stopped. Since yesterday at around 6:30pm, it hasnt done it again.

I really hate when something happens and I cant find a reason for it. Does anyone have any suggestions or has had similar problems like this. I am thinking that maybe I should just get another pump. I am all set will loosing a pump and blowing my engine. Also, the car still runs fine.

Thanks for the help
Old Apr 19, 2005, 05:23 AM
Evolved Member

That's totally normal it's making so much noise. But normally you don't really heard it with the catback and music
Old Apr 19, 2005, 05:53 AM
Evolved Member

It's normal. Mine just started making a lot more noise this weekend. I started using the AC for the first time and it would be MUCH louder whenever I'd step on the gas.
Old Apr 19, 2005, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

Ok. thanks. i just thought it was weird because I have had the pump in for about 8 months now and never heard it like that before.
Old Apr 19, 2005, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

Exactly!!! After I heard my being all loud I was tempted to start a post as well. I've had mine for 8 months but it was cold and rainy when I installed it. This is the first time I've used the AC and it's the first warm weekend. It's likely the pump has been as loud before but with the music and exhaust being so loud- I didn't hear it.

My guess is, that since the AC is on, the vaccum is lower and the car is sucking more air- which also means it's going through more fuel.
Old Apr 19, 2005, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

I had that same problem. the ppl at Walbro said it was normal. I am not convinced, although I haven't had any firther problems. I keep the stocker in the trunk with a small toolkit just in case.