Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Friends and EVO

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2005, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Friends and EVO

Well, one of my really good friends told me today he is going to look at EVOs and STis... Im not a jealous person but I REALLY dont want him to get an EVO. Anyone else have this situation? He drives a Turbo Civic (a slow one) right now, I made the mistake of letting him drive my car and he now he doesnt stop talking about how much he loves my car... however, he is looking at STis. Im trying to steer him in the Subaru direction, even though I think the EVOs are better (slightly!)
Old Apr 22, 2005, 08:50 AM

Yea I am the only EVO in this small town I live in and when i took some of my friends for a ride they thought about goin in the allwheel drive direction. So far only 1 of them has and he went with an STi . If anymore of them do i hope they get STi's as well cause I like havin the only 1 in town. Cause then if everyone of my friends got one I would just be another car on the road.
Old Apr 22, 2005, 08:56 AM
Evolving Member

dude, don't hate. let him get what he wants. i know u wanna feel exclusive amongst ur friends, but u have to realize that there r sh!tload of evos out there already. besides, think how cool it would be when both of u r driving around. my friend has been wanting an evo ever since i drove him around in mine and i kinda felt like u did at first, but then i figured it'll be cool when we can talk to each other about how great our cars r. he's also thinking of getting acura rl though, because he wants more comfort and luxury. he thinks evo might be too stiff of a ride for his wife, so he's considering sti as well. i think just the fact that someone is impressed by ur car enough to make them serious about buying it is flattering enough. my friend used to drive hondas and his friends have fast american muscle cars, so he always talked about how they would pin him into the seat. then after i took some turns in my evo, his reaction was like "holy sheet!"
Old Apr 22, 2005, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think it would be cool if my friend bought a Evo. you can share ideas and see whos car is faster and looks better It be cool 2 Evo's cruising down the street.
Old Apr 22, 2005, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

Let him get the evo, and do experimental installs on his first...thats what i would do anyway. Like converting your wing to all CF, try it on him. haha Then you'll be more efficient when it comes to yours.
Old Apr 22, 2005, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

rofl, I keep trying to get ALL my friends to buy Evos... You're weird my friend, very weird... I would understand not wanting someone you hate to get an Evo... but I've got one friend who FOR SURE when he gets back from his mission will be getting a IX
Old Apr 22, 2005, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

...and also it will bring mitsu money so they can continue making them. You telling your friend not to get one hurts mitsu ;-) 02 cents
Old Apr 22, 2005, 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

I feel your pain, but if he does get it it wont be that bad. If hes a cool friend at least you will have someone to role with
Old Apr 22, 2005, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by UT_Evo
rofl, I keep trying to get ALL my friends to buy Evos... You're weird my friend, very weird... I would understand not wanting someone you hate to get an Evo... but I've got one friend who FOR SURE when he gets back from his mission will be getting a IX
Word, I do the same. I've succeeded with one, he went and bought an MR a few weeks later!
Old Apr 22, 2005, 10:16 AM

I was in the same shoes a while ago. A buddy of mine was looking to pick up the STi. I let him drive my Evo to the Scooby dealership. He took the STi out for a spin and for some reason wasn't impressed. A week later, he woke me up at 9AM on a Saturday to drive 35 miles out to a dealership in efforts of negotiating for an Evo MR. At noon that day, he was a new owner of the 05 MR.
Old Apr 22, 2005, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Haha... I myself couldn't afford the STi so i went for the Evo. It was a choice between both, coming from a Subaru Impreza RS, but it just so happened that I got a really good deal on the Evo even though I could have gotten the STi for invoice price. So it was an easy decision for me.

Anyways, in order to not miss out on anything, I convinced 2 of my good friends to buy 05 STis (one is modded now, the other still stock) so i have 2 chances to drive the STi. Both cars are great so F the haters out there. And I agree with some of the other people... you are weird. Think of the instant Evo club you'd have.
Old Apr 22, 2005, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

I feel the same. id rather my friends get sti's or something else than evo's usually everyone in my group sticks to the same maker that they bought their original cars from sentra > 350z. civic > s2k and so forth but alot of them like my evo. one guy considered geting an evo but then decided on an sti. either way i seriously doubt any of my friends could find an MR edition so ill still be the only MR out of my group in case anyone does. if someone gets a IX MR in my group that would just be tight.
Old Apr 22, 2005, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Who cares what your friend wants? If he wants to get a Yugo and supercharge it.. so be it, its his money, man.
Old Apr 22, 2005, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

well apparently YOU don't care. If any of my friends were doing that I'd step in and be a "FRIEND" and give them other alternatives to such a huge waste of money.
Old Apr 22, 2005, 10:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kee1pride
well apparently YOU don't care. If any of my friends were doing that I'd step in and be a "FRIEND" and give them other alternatives to such a huge waste of money.
My friends all suck and could care less about cars. Except for my one friend with a 97 GSX. But his mom is getting an EVO before him