Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Took 1st in my MR at Porsche Autocross!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2005, 11:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
woo woo
Old Apr 25, 2005, 12:03 AM
Evolved Member

is he saying that he only had suspension mods and spanked porsches and M3's? if so, wow!
Old Apr 25, 2005, 12:15 AM
Evolved Member

glad you enjoy your MR.send robi over here to set my car up for the track
Old Apr 25, 2005, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts
mrmefodman - good points. No BS. Seriously. I was trying to just give highlights. But TimZcat gave you who Robi is. New to this forum, I thought everyone knew who Robi was. He holds track records just about everywhere and has his name in print for successful wins in the West part of the country driving his EVO! Doing my research after buying car, it made sense to fly Robi out to Oklahoma and set up my car.

twinevo - Yes, you are right. My MR engine totally stock except for what Robi did to my suspension....and it's not an elite coilover. I got Espelir GT springs, bushings, and progress bar and Project Mu Titan Kai brake pads. THAT'S IT!!!!!!

Mrmefodman - So, you see..... The point of my post was to credit the EVO's everywhere on the amazing win with so little seat time, I actually took First!!!! I know it's hard to believe, but it's the truth. Check Oklahoma PCA website if you want when they post results. As I said before, not all the 28 car field had experienced drivers.....but at least 15 of the competition were 10 plus year veterans, ex professional racers, or good drivers with highly modified cars! I have about 18 years of competitive driving myself, so my competition was against some of the best drivers around. The fact my EVO MR was able to be compeitive, much less WIN THE EVENT is a true testament to the abilities of these cars.

To all of you who don't drive your EVO's where you can experience the AWD and computer technology, you owe it to yourself to look up the nearest track where you can learn and sign up for a fun day of driving!!!!! Instructors always love to coach guys in EVO's!!!!!!!
Old Apr 25, 2005, 10:06 AM

What was your fastest time?
Your MR looked dang quick and sounded sweet btw. You could hear the turbo sucking in air going by me out on the back stretch.
Old Apr 25, 2005, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Driv200
twinevo - Yes, you are right. My MR engine totally stock except for what Robi did to my suspension....and it's not an elite coilover. I got Espelir GT springs, bushings, and progress bar and Project Mu Titan Kai brake pads. THAT'S IT!!!!!!
Way to represent . Do you know / mind telling us:

1) if the Espelir springs were modified in any way (I've read conflicting stories on whether they fit on the MR struts or not)

2) Which bushings were replaced, and with what

3) Did you upgrade rear, front, or both sway bars

Thanks - and congrats on a great victory .
Old Apr 25, 2005, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

Amazing! I bow down to your driving skills, to this guy Robi's knowledge of Evos, and most of all, I bow down to the incredible machine they call the Lancer Evolution MR.

Originally Posted by Driv200
mrmefodman - good points. No BS. Seriously. I was trying to just give highlights. But TimZcat gave you who Robi is. New to this forum, I thought everyone knew who Robi was. He holds track records just about everywhere and has his name in print for successful wins in the West part of the country driving his EVO! Doing my research after buying car, it made sense to fly Robi out to Oklahoma and set up my car.

Mrmefodman - So, you see..... The point of my post was to credit the EVO's everywhere on the amazing win with so little seat time, I actually took First!!!! I know it's hard to believe, but it's the truth. Check Oklahoma PCA website if you want when they post results. As I said before, not all the 28 car field had experienced drivers.....but at least 15 of the competition were 10 plus year veterans, ex professional racers, or good drivers with highly modified cars! I have about 18 years of competitive driving myself, so my competition was against some of the best drivers around. The fact my EVO MR was able to be compeitive, much less WIN THE EVENT is a true testament to the abilities of these cars.

To all of you who don't drive your EVO's where you can experience the AWD and computer technology, you owe it to yourself to look up the nearest track where you can learn and sign up for a fun day of driving!!!!! Instructors always love to coach guys in EVO's!!!!!!!

Last edited by twinevo; Apr 25, 2005 at 11:50 AM.
Old Apr 25, 2005, 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

Nice job! i beat all the local PCA guys 2 different times at the Hershey, PA PCA Auto-x also. I won the "street tire class" which is basically any car on street tires, which was almost everyone anyway.

PCA guys don't take to kindly to $30k awd boxes beating them. My car is totally stock too.... they just suck at driving. I beat two 996 TT's by a good bit... almost 2 seconds for one and over 3 seconds for the other.... they don't have enough skilz...YO.
Old Apr 25, 2005, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by OKevo8
What was your fastest time?
Your MR looked dang quick and sounded sweet btw. You could hear the turbo sucking in air going by me out on the back stretch.
should have kept the evo
Old Apr 25, 2005, 01:04 PM
Evolving Member

nice going.
Old Apr 25, 2005, 01:22 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mrmefodman
and who the heck is Robi. does he work for a company or out of his garage. does he have a business or is it hoby. and does your suspension names have brands like tein or cusco? Nice results but your post is pretty vague and seems hindering on bs side of things. 3 hrs driving a just retuned performance car and you take first in an event people had been practicing and training in their cars for such an event. U tell me u just paid a guy witout a lastname or a company money for suspension u dont know and then race with only 3hrs in the seat dont even get to learn the car and come in a 1 sec over next car. Sorry cant buy it
at least EVO Dave is a screen name people know and can get in contact in.
Just read the sig...Been tweeking the roadrace settings for the evo for over a year (the 3 secrets to making the Evo fast...TESTING ,TESTING, TESTING)
Old Apr 25, 2005, 05:12 PM
Evolving Member

I had FTD in the first autox I ran in my MR. 60 entrants. Stock tires. It helped that it was raining.

At the last Porche Club autox I had second fastest time of the day to an SM Mustang Cobra. I'm running on year-old, 225/45-17 competition tires.

My mods? Buschur muffler delete.

Yep, this is a fast car.
Old Apr 25, 2005, 05:16 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Old Apr 25, 2005, 10:37 PM
Evolved Member

Congrats....nothing feels better than betting some porsches....especially whne they never saw you comming...
Old Apr 25, 2005, 10:48 PM
Evolving Member

Congrats man! Great to hear an MR smoked Porsches at their own event and Z06s too!

Quick Reply: Took 1st in my MR at Porsche Autocross!