Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Blinder M-20,VEIL,V1 1.8POP2 vs ProLaser III 4/27/05

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2005, 03:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blinder M-20,VEIL,V1 1.8POP2 vs ProLaser III 4/27/05

Today, I had to drop my friend off at the airport in his Audi S4 and it gave me a perfect chance to try out my new V1 that I got in yesterday, and his blinder that was installed last week and the VEIL I put on this morning before we left on the trip. After arriving back in Dover I went out checking the usual spots for the bike cops and after just 10 minutes of looking I found there spot. I called my friend up who got the camera ready then we ran out to shoot the video. We ended up spending about 30 minutes making passes by them before we actually got some good footage. They always had someone pulled over.

In the video I opted to not turn the blinder off to see if it would jam to gun. Conclusion VEIL + Blinder = JAM to gun on Pro Laser III

Enjoy the video...If its slow and someone else wants to host as well please feel free. Nothing about this video is copyrited use it and give it to who ever. If someone wants to do some better editing I have also included the source. Get the word out folks blinder + veil cant beat it

The posted speed limit was 55MPH I was traveling 60MPH when the blinder + v1 alerted me and I just coasted down to 55. If you look at the cop when we approach he is actually hunkered down behind is bike windshield making it pretty hard to see him. When we passed by he gave us one of those priceless looks I wish my friend had gotten on video like wtf just happend Enjoy!

If you would like to learn more join www.radardetector.net

Edited Video
http://www.d-rail.com/blinder/blinder.wmv
This video uses Windows Media Player...

Last edited by thestaton; Apr 27, 2005 at 04:23 PM.
Old Apr 27, 2005, 06:42 PM
Evolving Member

i dont get it, did you jam his radar?
Old Apr 27, 2005, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
It looks like a laser jammer combo that works really well
Originally Posted by Mistasparkle
i dont get it, did you jam his radar?
Old Apr 27, 2005, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

I keep hearing about this Veil thing, what is it?

And doesn't a cop immediately know you have such a device when his radar doesnt work, and thus pull you over?
Old Apr 27, 2005, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
It's a stealth coating that limits the officers ability to get a reading from your vehicle..You apply it to your headlights and licence plates which are the most reflective areas and pretty much what they have to target the laser on to get a signal back to their gun..Applying the coating greatly reduces the odds he will get a reading on his gun..Used in conjunction with a good radar/laser detector will at the least give you a warning and plenty of time to react to the situation..This stuff is no BS..P.S. veil only works for laser not radar..
Originally Posted by mooreboost
I keep hearing about this Veil thing, what is it?He can't pull you over for his gun not working legally unless he has evidence to prove otherwise, it won't hold water in court..

And doesn't a cop immediately know you have such a device when his radar doesnt work, and thus pull you over?

Last edited by PeteyTurbo; Apr 27, 2005 at 07:23 PM.
Old Apr 27, 2005, 08:20 PM
Evolving Member

Basically what happens and I'm trying to bring attention to this. Jamming laser is not illegal jamming radar is. VEIL is applied to the headlights and it absorbs the laser and does not allow for a reflection. VEIL + Blinder M-20 Extreme is basically a bullet proof laser jamming package. If cops use it in your area pretty heavy I would highly recommend it.

Check out radardetector.net there are lots of videos of laser jamming and radardetector comparisions. You can see a view of the videos from the cops perspective.

staton
Old Apr 27, 2005, 08:20 PM
Evolving Member

I don't really get it either. The video looks like what happens when you go by a cop going 60 in a 55 zone. He zaps you but doesn't bother pulling you over because you are going too slow. Happens with or without all of that stuff, around here 10 over is never going to get you a ticket unless you look suspicious. How about a video of you doing 80 past the cop and then him not pulling you over?

Old Apr 27, 2005, 08:41 PM
Evolving Member

I ask you to watch my video again. Listen for a different tone in the background other than the V1. Also you will notice he continues to aim at my car if he had gotten a reading he would of went on to the huge truck that was beside me. But since the blinder does not give a error reading on the laser gun he had no idea what was going on.

Here is a list of videos demonstrating what the cop sees I hope this helps clear things up. The unit in the videos are not the blinder is a new device that is about to hit the market called Laser Mimic. However it does not jam a new gun put out by Laser Atlanta that operates in stealth mode although the blinder does indeed jam it as well. But the laser mimic does jam the signal all the way to the gun.

please visit http://www.jammertests.com/

if you have any more questions let me know and I'll be glad to help you out.

staton
Old Apr 28, 2005, 12:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
hmmm sounds good.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 01:06 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the info Staton, you appear to be quite knowledgeable in the radar/laser field. I imagine someone like you doesn't get pulled over much.

What is the Blinder M-20?
Old Apr 28, 2005, 01:31 AM
Evolving Member

Phew man. I watched all those videos. It's amazing how many phony products there are! Wow.

That website restored my faith in Valentine 1. I can't believe how much better it is over the 8500 X50 from Passport. Very impressive demonstration videos. Radar consumers need websites like these.

Well, my next Radar Detector is going to be definately be a V1 1.8 w/ POP.

I had a question, aren't Laser jammers illegal to have on your vehicle? I read some websites that say it is, and some say it isn't illegal.

Who's right?
Old Apr 28, 2005, 05:01 AM
Evolved Member

Which you would suggest for someone without any other protection, a V1 or the M-20?
Old Apr 28, 2005, 06:12 AM
Evolving Member

haha, its hard to say what I would pick. If money is a problem I would get a V1 1.8 with pop2 and a can of VEIL. However if you got the cash to burn go on and pick all 3 of them up

I would also like to point out never buy a radardetector off of ebay because you may not get a warranty with it. but if you do buy one off of ebay and need warranty work make sure you tell them it was a present from an ex-girlfriend and you dont speak any more haha.

Laser jammers are not illegal because they are controlled by the FDA not the FCC. However I think 4 states have outlawed them but they are all midwest states, and since the blinder does not throw error codes once you slow down you could just turn it off the cop can get a reading and you can go on your way

www.valentine1.com

for everything else

www.radarroy.com

again if you all have any more questions let me know

staton
Old Apr 28, 2005, 09:55 AM
Evolving Member

Awesomeness! Thanks Staton.

Wasn't Radar Roy the guy who offered $5K for an actual Laser jamming device? Shouldn't he have given that cash up by now since jammertest.com shows that it DOES work? Or was it for radar jamming that Roy was offering $5K for?
Old Apr 28, 2005, 09:59 AM
Evolving Member

that was for a radarjammer and he did pay up

staton

Quick Reply: Blinder M-20,VEIL,V1 1.8POP2 vs ProLaser III 4/27/05