Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Stealership warranty work ROFL...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2005, 08:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mattfl: Or how about I do the work myself? I spent the time to find the T.O. on how to diagnose the problem. I followed the steps just as they would, and found my weak link. My entire bumper was off of the car, and both headlights where out. I was not going to drive home only to put my bumber back on and the headlights to drive it back to them, so they can take it back off and be like oh heres the problem. I dont trust my car with a dealership. All the mods where installed by myself or MachV & AMS true professionals. I'm not going to let some jealous mechanic destory my car or a smart a$$ secretary have her way with anything. If anything I thought I was doing them a favor by saving here is the documentation and here is the weak link if you dont belive me test it and see here is the document on how to do it.

I'm going to the media with Mitsubishis sales as of late, I dont think they want a scandal for profiling or harrasment. Its all about propaganda and a dealership being very unprofessional to a hard working member of the military who just got back from the desert is not going to go over well especially when I brought all the documention to back my case.

i'll keep ya posted.
Old Apr 27, 2005, 08:16 PM
Evolving Member

they obviously did not treat him like they should treat someone who buys a $30,000.00+ car from them. i understand them having to check for mods and all and wanting the entire car to be there. but for a receptionist to act like that is ludacris. i honestly wouldnt expect anything more then that type of behavior comming from employees of a basic/mid-range vehicle dealership even though this is one of the hottest cars to have. its sad that they claim to be top notch promotoing the "best backed cars in the world" slogan. dont get me wrong, there are the mitsubishi dealerships out there that are great when it comes to the evolution. modded or not and regardless of the person who owns it. there are much more excuse my language "scumbag low-level employees" at these mitsubishi dealerships then the distinguished ones. i know quite a few people that work at various dealerships especially mitsubishi. they claimed that because all the evo's in the USA have never had my problem before that it was my fault it happened. yet in there copy of the report that i "never saw" it states my warranty is void due to a bov and turbo timer. its good to know people on the inside so you hear what these pieces of sh*t say when you arent there. if i had it my way most of the dealership i purchased my evo at would be sent back to brooklyn and the bridges blown up so they couldnt come back. there are 4-5 people i respect there but thats even cutting it high. sorry for such the long post in your thread bro but i know how it is to get f***ed by these pieces of trash. so im just venting. good luck with getting it fixed though. i would like to hear what happens when you go back with the car.

- tore
Old Apr 27, 2005, 08:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bigjhoney
I think you should go back there with the car, and the legal document stating that they cant void your entire warranty. Bring a tape recorded and get everything those a-holes say. I think if this gets to the media, it may cause a little change in the way we get treated when we bring our cars for warranty work, my delearship is nice to me when im there, but trys everything they can to not get me there in the first place ( never calls back, says everythings normal, etc.)
same here.

anywayz, let us know what happends... if they do publish anything, scan it or send a link, i'm interested to see what happends...

btw, how much is a hid ballast through mitsu?
Old Apr 27, 2005, 08:34 PM
Evolving Member

a HID ballast is 550 bones. But being I need one now a member on this forum hooked me up with a used one for 200 bux. Thats why I love this forum so many nice people who will help a guy out when in need.

staton
Old Apr 28, 2005, 06:29 AM
Evolved Member

Folks, use common sense with something like this. Even if you walk into a dealership and the salesperson that sold you the car recognizes you and remembers which car you bought, they're still going to want to see the entire car to consider warranty work. As was stated before, they have no way of knowing if you just found a part on the side of the road. I don't know of any car manufacturer or dealership that makes an exception to this rule.

Most mechanical / electronic / complicated products have their warranty automatically voided when the end user performs his / her own troubleshooting and repair. While there are quite a few people that are competent enough to do this type of work, most businesses have this type of policy in place to keep from having to spend money fixing something an idiot screwed up.

Cabo

Last edited by Cabo; Apr 30, 2005 at 09:38 AM.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 09:34 AM
Evolving Member

Angry

I think you guys are right you should have driven the car there.. Listen to this one.i have an 04 with leather abd the drivers seat leather is coming off. so i took it in to have it fixed 9000 miles on car and 8 months old, so dod an lof and have the seat fixed. My luck the eastcoast rep is there for something total different bounches my claim says wear and tear and then puts the car on a lift and looks at my exhaust and then under the hood for mods. I have alot of mods but is he serious i came in for the seat and a oil change wtf is looking for. So I call mitsu and they cant help either the customer service rep told me his word is god and he has no boss nobody is above him, thats nice so he signs his own check and all mitsus employees. So now i'm useing the ncd paper work thats in the glove box. BEST BACKED CARS MY A$$. I worked at BMW for two years and would see cars with 60,000 plus miles and armrest leatehr and seat problems that were warrentied no prob mitsu warrenty sucks the wont fix anything if they wont do a seat on a branew car they wont do anything..

Last edited by mac74; Apr 28, 2005 at 09:40 AM.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Cabo
Agreed. Folks, use common sense with something like this. Even if you walk into a dealership and the salesperson that sold you the car recognizes you and remembers which car you bought, they're still going to want to see the entire car to consider warranty work. As was stated before, they have no way of knowing if you just found a part on the side of the road. I don't know of any car manufacturer or dealership that makes an exception to this rule.

Most mechanical / electronic / complicated products have their warranty automatically voided when the end user performs his / her own troubleshooting and repair. While there are quite a few people that are competent enough to do this type of work, most businesses have this type of policy in place to keep from having to spend money fixing something an idiot screwed up.

Cabo
not to mention the fact that even though they have the "digital record" of purchase, you could have sold the car, or wrecked it, ect ect ect
Old Apr 28, 2005, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mac74
I think you guys are right you should have driven the car there.. Listen to this one.i have an 04 with leather abd the drivers seat leather is coming off. so i took it in to have it fixed 9000 miles on car and 8 months old, so dod an lof and have the seat fixed. My luck the eastcoast rep is there for something total different bounches my claim says wear and tear and then puts the car on a lift and looks at my exhaust and then under the hood for mods. I have alot of mods but is he serious i came in for the seat and a oil change wtf is looking for. So I call mitsu and they cant help either the customer service rep told me his word is god and he has no boss nobody is above him, thats nice so he signs his own check and all mitsus employees. So now i'm useing the ncd paper work thats in the glove box. BEST BACKED CARS MY A$$. I worked at BMW for two years and would see cars with 60,000 plus miles and armrest leatehr and seat problems that were warrentied no prob mitsu warrenty sucks the wont fix anything if they wont do a seat on a branew car they wont do anything..
Maybe I'm stupid but i didnt understand the last fourth of your reply. You should rewrite.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mac74
Wanna hear a polar opposite story with a Ford dealer?

For whatever reason the linkage broke on the power driver seat in my old mustang GT. So the seat would rock backward like a rocking chair, and the only way to drive it was to put a basketball or something like that between the back of the drivers seat and the rear bench. Unsafe, obviously. Car was a 99, had been off warranty for a year or so. So I take it in, and say I want the seat fixed. The manager says the car is off warranty so I'll have to pay for it. I reply back to him saying, I dont care if the car is or is not on warranty, the seat should last the lifetime of the vehicle. The manager looks at me, and says, you know, your right. They fixed the seat, which was several hundred dollars btw, and didnt charge me a penny. Try that on for size, Mitsu!

Edit: BTW my car was modded too at the time. Exhaust, intake, suspension, welded subframe connectors, larger wheel tire package, and a couple other things.

Last edited by Mercenary3; Apr 28, 2005 at 03:49 PM.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 05:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mercenary3
Wanna hear a polar opposite story with a Ford dealer?

For whatever reason the linkage broke on the power driver seat in my old mustang GT. So the seat would rock backward like a rocking chair, and the only way to drive it was to put a basketball or something like that between the back of the drivers seat and the rear bench. Unsafe, obviously. Car was a 99, had been off warranty for a year or so. So I take it in, and say I want the seat fixed. The manager says the car is off warranty so I'll have to pay for it. I reply back to him saying, I dont care if the car is or is not on warranty, the seat should last the lifetime of the vehicle. The manager looks at me, and says, you know, your right. They fixed the seat, which was several hundred dollars btw, and didnt charge me a penny. Try that on for size, Mitsu!

Edit: BTW my car was modded too at the time. Exhaust, intake, suspension, welded subframe connectors, larger wheel tire package, and a couple other things.
Wow, if only they were all like that, it would be great. In our case, if Mitsu dealership were like that, we would be very very happy.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Alias
Wow, if only they were all like that, it would be great. In our case, if Mitsu dealership were like that, we would be very very happy.
Oh, it would be awesome.

thestaton: Maybe you should try to give NHTSA a call as well if you want to try to push as many buttons as you can. Headlights are a federally regulated safety item, just like seatbelts and airbags. They would probably be interested if lights were going out on cars and the dealership refused to replace them under warranty.
Old Apr 29, 2005, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mercenary3
Oh, it would be awesome.

thestaton: Maybe you should try to give NHTSA a call as well if you want to try to push as many buttons as you can. Headlights are a federally regulated safety item, just like seatbelts and airbags. They would probably be interested if lights were going out on cars and the dealership refused to replace them under warranty.

Good Idea!
Old Apr 29, 2005, 03:43 PM
Evolved Member

i keep tellin people that make fun of fords, hey stuff may break, but stuff breaks on all cars, but at least all the ford dealerships i know of stand behind their cars.
Old Apr 29, 2005, 05:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Wow dude sorry to hear your story. But sometime bad dealerships does not necessarily mean its s fault ...
Old Apr 29, 2005, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

People needa realize that most *******s in the world don't care if thier product works, is reliable or kills people. It's all about money.
Mitsu, ovbiously has some ****ing **** behind it who don't give a **** about thier customers, its all about the money. Honestly, the people probably will lose thier jobs if they dont void you, so don't necessarily get mad at them. They are also ****ing **** bags, but the head Mitsu **** are the real people u should snipe out and flame.

Just my thoughts.

EDIT: It cant just be that so many dealerships are magicly being gay. That means its not just the dealerships, its the heads. It can't be that big of a caqinky dinky

Last edited by ronitlancer; Apr 29, 2005 at 05:29 PM.