Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Stealership warranty work ROFL...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2005, 04:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stealership warranty work ROFL...

Yesterday I diagnose my problem as to why my right front HID stopped working. It was the HID ballast so I take the piece in and ask if they can inspect it for being faulty. And immediatly the receptionist of all people started talking down to me, telling me they could never just look at a part. So I explained to her that in the early 1900's we had a little thing called a Volt meter and I knew she would never have used one but it can measure to see if a piece of equiptment is working.

At this point I knew I was smarter than her, and she had her head to far up her a$$ to start to see the light of day, so it was time for some fun. So I look at her and ask her to explain to me why I had to have my car there. He answer was so they could tell if my car had mods on it, and she almost knew it did and she was going to void my warranty. So I explained she can not void a HID ballast because of an exhaust and even brought legal documentation backing it up. Well this through her for a loop, and I tell you this woman was crazy. So told me to get out of her store before she called the cops hahaha. I said nothing more.

So at this point I ask for her name and told her she had better go get her boss because she was going to get charged with profiling and harrassment. She refuses and tells me to leave.

So I step outside and talk to a mechanic and ask him if he can test the ballast. Its like I asked someone to hand me a millino dollars he says there is no way to test a ballast I had to bring my car so he could check for mods, and then he would look at the ECU to see if it was broken. So I start laughing and said really. Thats funny your T.O. explains right here how to tell check it and handed him that piece of paper. At this point he gets pissed and just walks off.

So there I am standing all lonely and no one will talk to me in the entire place and I again was asked to leave.

So this is the best backed car in the world I thought to myself.

I went down to the local news paper today and basically told them this same story. They are going to run the ad hopefully, and I'm calling all the big tv news places to see if I can get them to take my story.

I mean call me crazy but was I really asking to much?

staton
Old Apr 27, 2005, 05:01 PM
Evolving Member

Jesus.

I bet they would blame a blown or seized engine on an aftermarket head unit!

You aren't asking much at all. That is SO ridiculous. I hope the publication goes well, and they'll realize their mistake for being stuck-up and rude.

Best back card my ***. What is a T.O. btw?
Old Apr 27, 2005, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

haha wonderful..hope your story gets in the newspaper at least, would be lovely to see some publicity on this kind of crap
Old Apr 27, 2005, 05:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
You should have waited for the cops..That hilarious, they might have well just said "you need to bring your car in so we can void your warranty and send you on your way"..Call the better buisness breau, they will get negative remarks solely from your case and know it, then they will do everything they can to please you..Believe me I've gone through it even back in the early days with my GVR4..
Originally Posted by thestaton
Yesterday I diagnose my problem as to why my right front HID stopped working. It was the HID ballast so I take the piece in and ask if they can inspect it for being faulty. And immediatly the receptionist of all people started talking down to me, telling me they could never just look at a part. So I explained to her that in the early 1900's we had a little thing called a Volt meter and I knew she would never have used one but it can measure to see if a piece of equiptment is working.

At this point I knew I was smarter than her, and she had her head to far up her a$$ to start to see the light of day, so it was time for some fun. So I look at her and ask her to explain to me why I had to have my car there. He answer was so they could tell if my car had mods on it, and she almost knew it did and she was going to void my warranty. So I explained she can not void a HID ballast because of an exhaust and even brought legal documentation backing it up. Well this through her for a loop, and I tell you this woman was crazy. So told me to get out of her store before she called the cops hahaha. I said nothing more.

So at this point I ask for her name and told her she had better go get her boss because she was going to get charged with profiling and harrassment. She refuses and tells me to leave.

So I step outside and talk to a mechanic and ask him if he can test the ballast. Its like I asked someone to hand me a millino dollars he says there is no way to test a ballast I had to bring my car so he could check for mods, and then he would look at the ECU to see if it was broken. So I start laughing and said really. Thats funny your T.O. explains right here how to tell check it and handed him that piece of paper. At this point he gets pissed and just walks off.

So there I am standing all lonely and no one will talk to me in the entire place and I again was asked to leave.

I went down to the local news paper today and basically told them this same story. They are going to run the ad hopefully, and I'm calling all the big tv news places to see if I can get them to take my story.

staton
Old Apr 27, 2005, 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cops would have told you to leave unfortunately. It's private property no matter what it's their property and you have to leave.

I see you are in DE, you should try NBC10 in Philly. I think they would love this.
Old Apr 27, 2005, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well Im pretty sure most dealerships would like your car to be there...prolly something to do with possible stolen parts, liability ,etc.

But it is creepy their response to everyting is "we need to check for mods"...as if its like a reflex or something. I dont think they have any intention of fixing it on warranty. Better go to another dealership or buy a new one.
Old Apr 27, 2005, 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

you should've asked what she was doing later cause she was hot stuff!
Old Apr 27, 2005, 05:29 PM

if you were expecting Warranty work then you need to bring the car in so they can formally check the car in... bringing a piece off your car and walking up wto the service counter wont get you anywhere. this is standard procedure

but if you planned on paying for the mechanics time then its out of line for them to reject you!

Originally Posted by thestaton

staton
Old Apr 27, 2005, 05:51 PM
Evolved Member

I think you should go back there with the car, and the legal document stating that they cant void your entire warranty. Bring a tape recorded and get everything those a-holes say. I think if this gets to the media, it may cause a little change in the way we get treated when we bring our cars for warranty work, my delearship is nice to me when im there, but trys everything they can to not get me there in the first place ( never calls back, says everythings normal, etc.)
Old Apr 27, 2005, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

My same ballast failed, they did it under warranty so much, I didn't even see any paperwork, finished in less than an hour too
Old Apr 27, 2005, 06:00 PM
Evolving Member

the honda dealership near me was pretty cool with the warranty stuff even when i had "rice mods" on the civic. if the mitsu dealership gives bs then bring up the MAGNUSON MOSS WARRANTY ACT and shove that in their face.
Old Apr 27, 2005, 06:02 PM
Evolving Member

I know the feeling. I brought my car into have the brakes looked at for the paint peeling. That was a mistake. I felt like I was walking on egg shells the whole time while they checked out the car. With some of the questions they asked and little comments they made, I thought I was screwed for just an exhaust and turbo timer. I really dont feel comfortable going there anymore, so I just order the parts from them and do the basic stuff myself.
Old Apr 27, 2005, 06:31 PM
Evolving Member

Reminds me of the time my car was "red flagged" because I had aftermarket seats installed (this was in my old FD).
Old Apr 27, 2005, 07:40 PM
Evolving Member

So you brought in a random piece of car to a dealership, acted like an ******* with your "cute" comment about a volt meter and expected good service?

Come on now, if you wanted warrenty work you obviously need to bring in the actual car so they can see you didn't just picked up the headlight on the side of the road and actually purchased something from them, and as soon as you acted like an *** I would have asked you to leave as well.
Old Apr 27, 2005, 08:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mattfl
So you brought in a random piece of car to a dealership, acted like an ******* with your "cute" comment about a volt meter and expected good service?

Come on now, if you wanted warrenty work you obviously need to bring in the actual car so they can see you didn't just picked up the headlight on the side of the road and actually purchased something from them, and as soon as you acted like an *** I would have asked you to leave as well.
Yep, because no dealership keeps a digital record of the name, address, etc. of who bought the car from them.