Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Who has the fastest / quickest street legal evo, without using NOS?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2005, 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah... those 2 are within a few 100ths of a second of each other. I'd expect both of them to break into the 9s this year w/o nitrous!
Old Apr 28, 2005, 01:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SterlingEvo
Yeah... those 2 are within a few 100ths of a second of each other. I'd expect both of them to break into the 9s this year w/o nitrous!
Yup...all they need is a cool night and a good launch...
Old Apr 28, 2005, 02:21 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by AutoMotoSports
we are the fastest without nitrous. at 10.11. Al's car went a 10.18 I believe with a different driver on the same day, but we are deffinetly the fastest off the bottle.

Eric
Eric - this is almost comical

I support and like AMS a lot, but lets keep it real and give credit where credit is due

Is it fair to have a active NOS bottle in the car - ready to fire and say that your passes are without nos ? Who is there to verify that the nitrous was not activated ? I don't think its fair or reasonable to claim a fastest NON NOS time when you have a nitrous bottle in the car plugged in and ready to fire

Also - I note almost no differential between your claimed NOS run of 10.006 and your NON NOS 10.16 times - are you guys thinking that NOS makes NO difference on a GT42R turbo ? Is NOS totally ineffective ?

BTW - HOW does one spool up a mammoth GT42R giant turbo without NOS ?

Also - your car had no seats, no exhuast and no door beams - hardly a street car any more

Major props to AMS and nothing but respect to you guys on your accomplishments

BUT - it pains me to see you guys try and claim my record in such a manner
Old Apr 28, 2005, 02:22 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by AutoMotoSports
we are the fastest without nitrous. at 10.11. Al's car went a 10.18 I believe with a different driver on the same day, but we are deffinetly the fastest off the bottle.

Eric
BTW = your claimed NON NOS is slightly quicker BUT - my record is still FASTER at 141.8 mph
Old Apr 28, 2005, 03:27 PM
AMS
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
Eric - this is almost comical

I support and like AMS a lot, but lets keep it real and give credit where credit is due

Is it fair to have a active NOS bottle in the car - ready to fire and say that your passes are without nos ? Who is there to verify that the nitrous was not activated ? I don't think its fair or reasonable to claim a fastest NON NOS time when you have a nitrous bottle in the car plugged in and ready to fire

Also - I note almost no differential between your claimed NOS run of 10.006 and your NON NOS 10.16 times - are you guys thinking that NOS makes NO difference on a GT42R turbo ? Is NOS totally ineffective ?

BTW - HOW does one spool up a mammoth GT42R giant turbo without NOS ?

Also - your car had no seats, no exhuast and no door beams - hardly a street car any more

Major props to AMS and nothing but respect to you guys on your accomplishments

BUT - it pains me to see you guys try and claim my record in such a manner

Keep what real? I ran a 10.11 and you ran a 10.28 (or 10.29) in your car off nitrous. How do I know you are not running nitrous? I never saw you pop your trunk or your hood. BTW on the first pass which was the 10.11 pass the bottle wasn't even in the car, it was in the van with the van heat on trying to get it warmed up.

The nitrous run at 10.006 at 144mph was at lower boost, bogged launch, and wasn't activated through the complete run (we're using the NX maximzer).

Who over here is thinking Nitrous makes no difference? not really sure of your point here.....

You're right, it had no seats, I was sitting on a milk crate racing. The only thing it was lacking was the passanger seat, the drivers seat is stock. You have racing seats in your car which are much lighter than stock, so by that rational we are probably even. Al, didn't you tell me that you had no door beams either? why would you come on here calling me out on that, it really makes no sense.
Oh, wait your car with the drag monstrosity tires is a complete street car. Both of our cars are not true full weight "Street cars". Notice that we took the street car claim off our website because we did things to our car that I don't consider as an off the showroom floor full weight car. Can you admit to that too?

If you're giving us major props then why are questioning and making claims to the contrary?? Don't end a negative post with a congrats at the end, it's like spitting in someones face and then giving them a pat on the back.

Al I've given you soooo much advice and helped you out way too much. I remember being on vacation in LA with my girlfriend and you calling me from a race many times a day for tuning help and racing advise, which I gave you no questions asked.

We sold you many parts at cost or at a discounted price as part of a sponsorship. Yes you represent us with your products but I rarely see you mention the use of our products or even when people asked you on a different message board if you where using our GT35R turbo kit, you never replied. Thank you for some of the coverage you have provided but you never put on a sticker like you said you would and when I sold you the external dump at cost recently, you never mentioned a word about it.

Al you can be a good guy sometimes but sometimes you really need to bite your lip and keep your thoughts to yourself.

-Martin
Old Apr 28, 2005, 04:07 PM
Evolving Member

Looks like Big Al is losing all his friends that played in his sandbox who is left to play with him? Hmmmmmmmmm!?
Old Apr 28, 2005, 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

Al,
I think you need to humble bow down. You had your chance and you were close.. but lost even if it was by .08. That should give you the motivational to keep working toward being the fastest as im sure you will have another shot at this.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash

What says that they drove equally well each time they ran? There's so much room for error. Using nitrous doesn't make someone a perfect driver and give them the perfect run. After the launch is over with, and the car is in gear accelerating, nitrous makes a difference. A bog or a slower shift can take that difference all awayin a few tenths of a second.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 04:27 PM
Evolving Member

Red face

Fighting on evom is terrible exposure for any company. Any time I read up on Al he is Battling with somebody. Take some chillpills please.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 04:31 PM
Evolving Member

Take it to PMs and save yourself the public shaming I suppose? (This is not directed at either party, just a suggestion for the general situation. This looks like it could get ugly. I don't think either tuners want that hanging over their heads.)

*starts singing "Why can't weee be friends" ..*

Originally Posted by SilverEvo8owner
What says that they drove equally well each time they ran? There's so much room for error. Using nitrous doesn't make someone a perfect driver and give them the perfect run. After the launch is over with, and the car is in gear accelerating, nitrous makes a difference. A bog or a slower shift can take that difference all awayin a few tenths of a second.
Good points too. *thumbs up* ^.^d
Old Apr 28, 2005, 04:50 PM
Account Disabled

WOW,,, This is funny as hell. Al uses the AMS kit and now is basically stalking **** as usual.... Man your sandbox is getting empty pretty fast. That's why i like AMS and Buschur, they don't go around bragging about what they have done .
Old Apr 28, 2005, 04:54 PM
Evolving Member

#1. The original question was "Who has the fastest/quickest STREET LEGAL EVO, without NOS? Neither of these cars are close to street legal if we want to get technical (slicks, open exhausts ETC...)

#2 Kevin Lawson drove Al's car to a 10.18, not Al.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 04:56 PM
Evolved Member

Al went 10.1 with ALKY injection,he's not the fastest.....
Old Apr 28, 2005, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

I also think his 667 hp was with an ALKY kit , am I correct ????
Old Apr 28, 2005, 05:01 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by AMS
Keep what real? I ran a 10.11 and you ran a 10.28 (or 10.29) in your car off nitrous. How do I know you are not running nitrous? I never saw you pop your trunk or your hood. BTW on the first pass which was the 10.11 pass the bottle wasn't even in the car, it was in the van with the van heat on trying to get it warmed up.

The nitrous run at 10.006 at 144mph was at lower boost, bogged launch, and wasn't activated through the complete run (we're using the NX maximzer).

Who over here is thinking Nitrous makes no difference? not really sure of your point here.....

You're right, it had no seats, I was sitting on a milk crate racing. The only thing it was lacking was the passanger seat, the drivers seat is stock. You have racing seats in your car which are much lighter than stock, so by that rational we are probably even. Al, didn't you tell me that you had no door beams either? why would you come on here calling me out on that, it really makes no sense.
Oh, wait your car with the drag monstrosity tires is a complete street car. Both of our cars are not true full weight "Street cars". Notice that we took the street car claim off our website because we did things to our car that I don't consider as an off the showroom floor full weight car. Can you admit to that too?

If you're giving us major props then why are questioning and making claims to the contrary?? Don't end a negative post with a congrats at the end, it's like spitting in someones face and then giving them a pat on the back.

Al I've given you soooo much advice and helped you out way too much. I remember being on vacation in LA with my girlfriend and you calling me from a race many times a day for tuning help and racing advise, which I gave you no questions asked.

We sold you many parts at cost or at a discounted price as part of a sponsorship. Yes you represent us with your products but I rarely see you mention the use of our products or even when people asked you on a different message board if you where using our GT35R turbo kit, you never replied. Thank you for some of the coverage you have provided but you never put on a sticker like you said you would and when I sold you the external dump at cost recently, you never mentioned a word about it.

Al you can be a good guy sometimes but sometimes you really need to bite your lip and keep your thoughts to yourself.

-Martin
Bottom line is I worked hard on my car and spent a great deal of time to get it to the point it is at and I personally feel that my car is the fastest without NOS. I am a competative guy and I dont take lightly to others trying to trvialize my hard work.

I stick to my points posted above - your car is fast (will probably be faster) - but its a NOS car in my book.

As for your turbo kit, its an excelent product and I feel I have certainly promoted it in a significant manner. I recall personally taking photos of your turbo kit and drafting text about it for my January 2005 Turbo Magzine article. I don't klnow how much more exposure I could get for your product than exposure in a magazine article? Considering that I paid you for every thing I am using I think I have done my fair share at promotion.

I want to be clear that I think your products are great and that you are a great shop - BUT - I will not let those feeling stand in my way when I feell its time to call BS on your claimed record.

If you want to face off car against car with no nitous bottle to settle this I am ready at any time.

Last edited by DynoFlash; Apr 28, 2005 at 05:06 PM.

Quick Reply: Who has the fastest / quickest street legal evo, without using NOS?