Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Who has the fastest / quickest street legal evo, without using NOS?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2005, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DynoFlash
Thanks for your respectful post and talking time to add your thoughts

I really dont care about all of this - its a joke to me how some shop is claiming a non NOS record with a NOS bottle in the car

My car is going faster very soon.

The semanitics and number bending will end soon enough.
Al, I did witness AMS's car had NO bottle in the car for the 10.11 pass, this was it's first pass with Martin at the wheel. The bottle was in the van.

BTW, better turn up the boost because I now have AMS's turbo kit in hand and will give this a shot, no nitrous, stock brakes, radial tires and I will drive it to Norwalk to do it, no trailer required.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 05:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DynoFlash
You are right of course Alcohol injection is a BIG huge deal when you are running C-16 race gas !!!!!!!

The main reason why I am running it is to show what it can do
C16 is certainly not the mother of all fuels and there can be serious power gains at those airflow levels with alcohol injection. If you truely want to level the playing field, you should remove the nozzle.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

And NO ALKY!
Old Apr 28, 2005, 05:39 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by mike 99gsx
C16 is certainly not the mother of all fuels and there can be serious power gains at those airflow levels with alcohol injection. If you truely want to level the playing field, you should remove the nozzle.
I se eno reason not to run alcohol - I like it
Old Apr 28, 2005, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

10.18@141.8 fastest Evo 8 without NOS ! Street Driven, But uses an ALKY kit....
Old Apr 28, 2005, 05:41 PM
AMS
Former Sponsor

I'm leaving for the One Lap Race tomorrow morning so I don't have time to debate, nor do I want to. I am the most honest person you will meet, I fuc*ing hate thieves and liars....please do not call me one.

You can ask people around the trailer that we had the nitrous bottle in the van warming up when I ran the 10.11 pass at 141mph. Don't accuse me of that crap dude, 'cmon I'm not going to stoop to that level.

Nobody is putting you down, people asked who is the quickest non nitrous car, so we stated what we ran, nobody said anything to put your car down. In drag racing ET matters, so I'll stand by our claim and time-slip, we have the quickest non-nitrous EVO.

When somebody goes quick and fast good for them, if they are faster than me so be it. It really doesn't make my boil if somebody beats me, good for them!! Did you see me crying when turbotrix is/was going faster than us. They built a damn nice car and did good things with it, GOOD FOR THEM!!! I'm happy they are advancing the sport and bringing more interest to the EVO community. Win, be quick and fast but don't be a *** about it and rub it in peoples faces and in general **** people off....trust me, nobody likes that.

BTW our car is fully streetable, insured, registered, ect... just so you know we'll be driving for 3500 miles this next week doing the One Lap of America.

I don't have time for drama, I'm way too busy developing products and running a business to best of my ability.

-Martin
Old Apr 28, 2005, 05:42 PM
Former Sponsor

Ams does have alky injection but if you would have looked their resivoure wasnt even in the car..
Old Apr 28, 2005, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

Lets see all of the gangsters with the 10 sec. zone cars run JUST GOOD OLD TURBO
NO N.O.S. and no ALKY....just good old boost. Then lets see who has the fastest car.....
Old Apr 28, 2005, 05:43 PM
AMS
Former Sponsor

And just for the record, we do not have the alky kit on the car. The intercooler sprayer bottle was there but the pump and electronics where out.

-Martin
Old Apr 28, 2005, 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

I like that guy from AMS.. Direct to the point ...
Old Apr 28, 2005, 05:46 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by AMS
I'm leaving for the One Lap Race tomorrow morning so I don't have time to debate, nor do I want to. I am the most honest person you will meet, I fuc*ing hate thieves and liars....please do not call me one.

You can ask people around the trailer that we had the nitrous bottle in the van warming up when I ran the 10.11 pass at 141mph. Don't accuse me of that crap dude, 'cmon I'm not going to stoop to that level.

Nobody is putting you down, people asked who is the quickest non nitrous car, so we stated what we ran, nobody said anything to put your car down. In drag racing ET matters, so I'll stand by our claim and time-slip, we have the quickest non-nitrous EVO.

When somebody goes quick and fast good for them, if they are faster than me so be it. It really doesn't make my boil if somebody beats me, good for them!! Did you see me crying when turbotrix is/was going faster than us. They built a damn nice car and did good things with it, GOOD FOR THEM!!! I'm happy they are advancing the sport and bringing more interest to the EVO community. Win, be quick and fast but don't be a *** about it and rub it in peoples faces and in general **** people off....trust me, nobody likes that.

BTW our car is fully streetable, insured, registered, ect... just so you know we'll be driving for 3500 miles this next week doing the One Lap of America.

I don't have time for drama, I'm way too busy developing products and running a business to best of my ability.

-Martin
Fair enough explantion for me.

I will look forward to hearing how you guys do in the one lap.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 05:53 PM
Evolving Member

Man, i dont know why you guys dont just meet at a track and do 10 runs againt each other and finish this conversation.

TT, Dynoflash and AMS do 10 runs each and call it a day.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 06:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mike 99gsx
Absolutely. The VE/charge cooling advantage provided by methanol is huge. Coupled with the octane provided by c16 and you have the best of both words.

It's no surprise that most methanol-only drag cars dont even run intercoolers at 30+psi of boost. Try that with c16 by itself

shiv

Last edited by shiv@vishnu; Apr 28, 2005 at 06:22 PM.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 08:31 PM
Evolving Member

i was so disgusted when i read this thread. AMS who guys rule everyone knows that, AL good luck trying to build your creditbility. Dont lie when you dont have proof. you know you could have put your words in a lot better way after what AMS did for you.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 09:25 PM
Evolved Member

EDITED FOR CONTENT AND CLOSED.

Thread starter got his answer.

Quick Reply: Who has the fastest / quickest street legal evo, without using NOS?