Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Wut A Crappy First Day

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2005, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Wut A Crappy First Day

For weeks I been trying to find the best deal on my MR....well I finished all the paperwork around 6:00 pm weds..dove it home and ran sum errands perfectly fine(13mi) gave it a nice wash and let it go for the night...woke the next morning because i wanted to drive it so0oo badly that I could barely sleep...it worked fine for about 30 minutes...i stop at a walmart to pick up sum stuff and I come baq and the engine is idling at 2000...and i notice on the voltage meter it was at 12(14 be4) so i turned it off let it cool sum more..and when i tried again it wouldnt turn on...worried i called my friend to help me jump start it..so i decided to head to the dealer with my friend and it was fine for about 3 miles and it died on me!!! like seriously died like the hazards werent even working in the middle of the rd...jumped it again tried using the back rds and cruising at 40mph the thing died on me again so i just pulled into a neighborhood and didnt even bother anymore and called road side assitants...at 1:30pm i put in my order...they said it would be there in under an hour...i call again a hour later they said 45 minutes...i call 45 minutes later they said 10...i call 30mins later they tell me they can't even find a flat bed to tow it....while waiting we swapped batteries and I was still getting the battery light..the battery that was orginally in the car was so0o0o loowww in liquids..the clear piece to look through was white..no blue or n e thing..annoyed as hell by now... so I charged my battery from my other friends for about 30minutes...just enough to make the 3 mi journey home...its bout 5 o clock now and I get a call from rd side assistance sayin they cant find me and w/e...took another hour for them to come.......NOW IM JUST HOPING ITS ONLY A MINOR ISSUE...AND ILL GET MY CAR BAQ SOON CUZ..I PAID THE DANG THING IN CASH AND IT GIVES ME THIS CRAP....man oh man...wut a first day of driving...I bought my car at phil smith of north broward, to0....CRAPP(florida)
Old Apr 28, 2005, 09:38 PM

^anyone have a clue on wuts wrong wit my car?
Old Apr 28, 2005, 09:43 PM
Evolved Member

Did you buy the car new? Hopefully its just the battery, if not it could be the generator. But I think its just the battery, the car was just probably setting at the dealership and they didn't bother to charge the battery.

My bad guys, I totally forgot the Evo does not have an alternator, it has generator, long day at the gym too much basketball.

Last edited by Evo23IG; Apr 28, 2005 at 10:06 PM.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 09:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I can barely read your writing.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 09:45 PM
Evolved Member

alternator?
Old Apr 28, 2005, 09:47 PM
Former Sponsor

bring it to the dealer and have them fix it. it is there problem to fix with the car being under warranty. you should also get free roadside and towing through mitsu as long as you still have the warranty.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 09:47 PM
Evolved Member

It's the generator. Battery will most likely need to be replaced, it sounds like the generator never worked from the factory and the battery finally gave up.
Only other possibility is a loose wire on generator or something.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 09:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it Has to be the battery if the fluids are low.
but the clear spot on the battery should be green. It was on my 2002 svt focus. I havent noticed it on my 03 EVO. That is a very NIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCEEEEEEE First day! Better than mine with the Audi S4. It was used and the radiator BURSE the next day in the middle of the highway I thought the engine was blown! Good luck. Should be just the battery though.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 09:51 PM
Evolved Member

the battery could have gone bad if the doors where open a lot. it would explain why it doesn't hold a charge. get a new battery and I'm sure you'll be fine. a similar thing almost happened with my girlfriends car, but I made then gives a different car before she signed the papers. it's no big deal. the dealership just forgot that fact that a cars battery isn't everylasting. good luck with your new purchase. have fun and be safe.

-Chad-
Old Apr 28, 2005, 09:51 PM
Evolved Member

yea, you'll be cool..dealer will take care of it. you'll be enjoying your bullet in no time
Old Apr 28, 2005, 10:00 PM
Evolving Member

My evo did the same thing in 03 when i bought mine. Come to find out that the fluids in the battery were low and it didn't have enought power in it. But I didn't have a idling problem like yours. Its new and its covered so don't worry to much about it
Old Apr 28, 2005, 10:00 PM
Evolved Member

Trust me it is not just the battery. I'll go start my car now and take the battery out and it will drive all day.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 10:02 PM
Evolved Member

well, the alternator could have craped out to.

-Chad-
Old Apr 28, 2005, 10:09 PM

im guessing the battery was crap and burnt out the alternator...but w/e it had less then 50 miles on it..the freakin dealer better take care of it....makes since..they didnt let anyone test drive them babies...but there is lil white specks of acid all over sum piping and im hoping they didnt try charging ht battery on low fluid.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 10:11 PM

how long do u think the dealer would take to fix it?