Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Help! My car is acting weird!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2005, 10:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help! My car is acting weird!!

Someone please help me... my car is feeling weird. whenever i step on the accelarator really hard, my car makes a really low noise and starts to stall and bog out. does anyone know what the wire that goes around the top of your valve cover called?... its the wire that pulls when you step on the acc. it feels like i hit something.. i know its not because of my boost control... it feels normal when i slowly accelarate into higher rpms but it just does it when i slam on my acc...

my mods are 3"turbo back M-R exhaust with high flow cat, hallman mbc at 19 psi, air filter, iridium spark plugs.

any suggestions would be helpful.
Old Apr 30, 2005, 12:36 AM

oh yeah the wire i was talking about is the throttle cable...could this effect my accelaration if the plastic thing around it was cracked? could i still go to the dealership with these mods above?
Old Apr 30, 2005, 12:40 AM
Evolved Member

^thats your problem. and the dealership "could" void your warranty for anything. I'd just have a tech take a look real quick, replace that cracked piece also.