Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

New to forums, couple chassis mod questions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2005, 10:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to forums, couple chassis mod questions

Hi all,

I am in the market for a new WW Evo. I am planning on doing a few chassis mods off the bat. I am looking at the Cusco LAB v1 and v2, a OEM or cusco trunk bar, and a rear STB. I have searched around here and on the web and it looks like no one makes a non pivot 1 piece solid rear STB. I was wondering if anyone makes one?

I have also noticed Do-Luck makes floor support bars (longitudinal, spanning the cabin) for the CT9A. Does anyone have experience with these?

I have also noticed that there are a few companies that make 'fender braces' that go under the fender that links the upper frame rails to the lower a-pillar door mount. The evo looks like it has a link there from the factory so I dont know how effective these are. Once again does anyone have any real world experience with this mod.

If anyone wants to chime in on other chassis mods or experiences, please do!

Thanks guys and gals,
Old Apr 30, 2005, 03:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
if you want the longitudinal bars and the benefits of the cusco type 1 and two (while only sacraficing 2 attatchment points (the second tie bar) you can opt for the mines undercarriage bar, 6 points. gruppe-s carries them.

non pivots stb. dc sports makes a ti one so does arc. of course both companies make matching front bars also. hmm... now that you bring it up... seems like these are the only ones. even kansai is swivel. in any case... there is a plethora of jdm companies that make bars that are just solid non swivel, hard to get in us. bulletproofautomotive will get you expensive ones.

if you wanna go the mines route... i suggest the trunk brace also... 4 points. but you'll have to get yerself a stb still.

and i doubt many people have the fender bars but you can definitely ask rhys millen racing because they carry them or something similar and are very into craazy chassis crap. tho they might give you a half *** answer to try to get you to buy something.