Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo 9 bumper, importing one from Japan!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2005, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stormhalter
The rear bumper + sideskirts are HOT. Keep us updated on this, please? I hope this prototype hits the market as a kit. I like that bumper over the Evo IX JDM bumper, mainly since the diffuser serves no purpose and has been proven to be purely cosmetic.

+1 on the bumper on the red EVO
Actually, if you do any road racing whatsoever, the standard rear bumper becomes a parachute at high speeds. Hence why Vishnu has designed their own diffuser for the current US bumper.
Old Apr 30, 2005, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For those interested in getting a IX bumper from japan and want to import one yourself you might be able to save some money if you do it right.

The prices at the dealership in Japan is US$ 403 for the rear and 430 for the front. I will be shipping mine with someone who already has a container and will be sharing it with him so it will cost 40 bucks by boat. I think that is the easiest way to save on shipping cost if you.
Old Apr 30, 2005, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Derek888
Just found out how much the Evo 9 rear bumper cost in Japan, not bad at all. After bugging the crap out of my friend who lives there he finally made that call to the dealership I just need to find out how much it will cost to ship it to Taiwan. Ill let you guys know how it fits if I do get it before some of you in the US.
sig
Old Apr 30, 2005, 09:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by HxllxMan
$900 something to Hawaii...
i dont know who you are buying the rear from to cost 900.00
that price is absurd

250 - 300 for shipping to hawaii from cali

Last edited by burningmoney97; Apr 30, 2005 at 09:27 PM.
Old Apr 30, 2005, 11:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Derek888
For those interested in getting a IX bumper from japan and want to import one yourself you might be able to save some money if you do it right.

The prices at the dealership in Japan is US$ 403 for the rear and 430 for the front. I will be shipping mine with someone who already has a container and will be sharing it with him so it will cost 40 bucks by boat. I think that is the easiest way to save on shipping cost if you.
That's a fantastic price. Unfortunately, shipping is probably a lot cheaper to Taiwan than it is to Cali, and even then, I have to ship from Cali all the way to the east coast... cool that you have an Evo in Taiwan, can't say I've ever seen any in all the years I visited my family there.
Old Apr 30, 2005, 11:18 PM
Evolved Member

anyway to get that price? how much could shipping possibly be to cali from Japan or taiwan?
Old May 1, 2005, 03:48 AM
Evolved Member

I really dont know the prices for the shipments to the US. Im just giving you guys an idea what they cost and the money you can save if you were to find your own sources of getting them imported. I could be wrong but I dont think a bumper wouldnt cost that much if it was being shipped to the US directly from japan, maybe 100, maybe cheaper if you get a couple of them in. If I were you guys I would find a couple of guys who wants the bumper and ship it together. This is just a thought. I would search online and find a cargo/forwarding company that import/export stuff from japan and US. It would be easier/cheaper if they have a agent/branch office in both countries, which im sure they do. Buy the parts in japan and have them pick it up for you or ship it to them locally. From there they should take care the rest of the documents and it should be a breeze from there on.

I just purchased some light bulbs(truck load) for my dad and I had my shipping company who also has a branch in the US to have them picked up at the store. I just pay the fees at the Taiwan branch. good luck
Old May 1, 2005, 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

check pm