Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Annoying Cobra

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2005, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 4TUN8
blah blah blah, you're going to see idiot import drivers, and idiot domestic drivers.

There are going to be idiots in SRT-4s, STi's, Mustangs, GTI's and Evo's...

Unfortunately, we also have idiots that try to stereotype cars with drivers.
I see a lot of this shyt! EVERYBODY Wit a tuner car is suspect until i see they can control themselves.
Old May 27, 2005, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"guess what dudes! i just burned an EVO!!!!" lol

Fuggem. Poor him. He must've looked like a complete idiot. And he's STILL like that at his age? Wow. What a shame.
Old May 27, 2005, 06:21 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by rlazer5000
a 350Z with an exhaust that sounded like Chewbcca at WOT!
LOL
Old May 27, 2005, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

Lol!
Old May 27, 2005, 07:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4TUN8
blah blah blah, you're going to see idiot import drivers, and idiot domestic drivers.

There are going to be idiots in SRT-4s, STi's, Mustangs, GTI's and Evo's...

Unfortunately, we also have idiots that try to stereotype cars with drivers.
This is so true, someone from every group is like this corba guy, what can u do.
Old May 27, 2005, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

You should have gave him the finger with a go F yourself.
Old May 27, 2005, 07:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ray3328
You should have gave him the finger with a go F yourself.
That works but he can get fcked up if he do it to the wrong person.
Old May 27, 2005, 09:56 PM
Evolving Member

erg, didn't have time to read all teh posts, but i love whooping up on cobras! when it's safe of course.. the guy is a fu*king dumb *** if he wants to race in traffic.. retard..
Old May 27, 2005, 11:14 PM

I get that from rustang guys all the time in the Supra and every so often in the WRX. Just because I'm driving it doesn't mean I want to race through traffic. It's even worse when they do that on non-highway roads with tons of side streets full of traffic. Like I really want to t-bone a minivan full of kids or be a party to someone else killing someone. Not everyone was borne with a fully working brain I guess.
Old May 27, 2005, 11:19 PM
Evolving Member

dude i was just in a situation just like that... except it was with a bunch of teenagers in a Mustang GT... haha
Old May 28, 2005, 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

^^ lol thats happened to me many times! Theres this guy around here who's probably about 19 who drives a mustang (non gt) with a body kit and a big wing and he put a new muffler on it, so he thinks hes the man. He rolled up next to me (on a public road with a speed limit of 30) turned to look at me, nodded his head, put his hand through his hair, and then put some sunglasses on and gunned it. The car was loud as hell, but it went NOWHERE....he was probably accelerating at about 2mph every second or so....it was pathetic.
Old May 28, 2005, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

Don't really have the patience to read everything, but.... who cares? Why do you let it get to you so much that some Cobra guy just told his friends he beat an Evo.
Old May 28, 2005, 09:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nnorris7413
So, yesterday i was on the way to arlington motorsports to look at helmets when on palatine road, i see a red cobra coming up behind me. There was a fair amount of traffic, so when he got the chance, he found a hole and gunned up to the side of me. The guy had to be in his late 40's or so. I look over at him, and he's staring at me, and when he sees me look at him, he revs his engine. I like....ok.....what a ***, there are cars all over, there's no way im gonna screw around with this guy. I didnt wanna put other peoples' lives at risk. Obviously the guy in the cobra didnt care, because he gunned it, weaving in and out of traffic. I just stay at the speed im going, and soon i pull up to a stoplight and he's right next to me. There were cars in front of both of us. He looked over and nodded his head, and i just stared at him...very annoyed. The guy just kept gunning it and swerving in and out of traffic, endangering everyone on the road. And worst of all, he's probably going to to go all his friends and be like "i just beat an evo." Grrr....stupid people.
First of all, kudos to you for not taking the bait...

Second, if he nodded his head, he may have been giving you props for your car and was trying to get you to weave with him a little bit. Sometimes, it's just fun to follow someone through traffic. I know our tendency is to think the worst out of drivers, but the fact that he nodded and he did not give you a thumbs down may mean that he just wanted you to play along!

Couple of my experiences.
1)A Mustang GT driver came up quick alongside me and then smiled at me, and I had the window open. He then yelled at me "Sweet Ride! That's the car I want!" and his own Mustang was new!

2) I was following an NSX who was mildly weaving through traffic as though he drove a hot sports car (which he has). When I got behind him, you can tell he was getting all riled up and wanted to show me what's up. So there was a long open stretch of uphill road and he quickly changed lanes to the open lane and started to go full WOT thinking he would shed me on the uphill...I followed, changed lanes after passing the slow car so that I was on the open lane next to him and went full WOT. As I was passing him looking at him, he gave me the "talk to the hand" gesture and let up on the gas as if he wasn't really racing because he did not want to face the fact that his really expensive car just got spanked by a rice-rocket looking 4 door sedan...

Two different experiences - two different reactions...

Last edited by BLiu; May 28, 2005 at 09:27 AM.
Old May 28, 2005, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

silly mustang drivers

but I wouldnt **** with those cobras especially if theyre modded and youre not
Old May 28, 2005, 10:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
props for not going man. traffic situations will just cause somebody to get hurt when there is an idiot around.

to the comments about there always being tards no matter what car they drive yes I agree.. but I swear overall mustang owners are the worst when it comes to thinking their hot **** and being stupid about it.