Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Annoying Cobra

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2005, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Annoying Cobra

So, yesterday i was on the way to arlington motorsports to look at helmets when on palatine road, i see a red cobra coming up behind me. There was a fair amount of traffic, so when he got the chance, he found a hole and gunned up to the side of me. The guy had to be in his late 40's or so. I look over at him, and he's staring at me, and when he sees me look at him, he revs his engine. I like....ok.....what a ***, there are cars all over, there's no way im gonna screw around with this guy. I didnt wanna put other peoples' lives at risk. Obviously the guy in the cobra didnt care, because he gunned it, weaving in and out of traffic. I just stay at the speed im going, and soon i pull up to a stoplight and he's right next to me. There were cars in front of both of us. He looked over and nodded his head, and i just stared at him...very annoyed. The guy just kept gunning it and swerving in and out of traffic, endangering everyone on the road. And worst of all, he's probably going to to go all his friends and be like "i just beat an evo." Grrr....stupid people.
Old May 1, 2005, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

i noticed tat lots of domestic cars on chicago areas
what s wrong with people over there>?

if i see guy like him, i would race with him , i wanna show what my evo can do.
u know just take off ,instant power for short period of time.not dangering anyone on the road.,....

Last edited by yesevo; May 1, 2005 at 08:03 AM.
Old May 1, 2005, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

Yea, i had that with a black '03 cobra last summer......some deutsch bag with a very small ***** floors it by me, thinking hes hot ****.....i guess when u got a V8 under the hood, ur king of the road. Take him to the drag strip and smoke his ***, then you'll break his spirit! I commend u for not getting sucked in and racing him!
Old May 1, 2005, 08:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
blah blah blah, you're going to see idiot import drivers, and idiot domestic drivers.

There are going to be idiots in SRT-4s, STi's, Mustangs, GTI's and Evo's...

Unfortunately, we also have idiots that try to stereotype cars with drivers.
Old May 1, 2005, 08:12 AM
Former Sponsor

An 03 cobra could be the supercharged one...unless you are modded I think your the one that will be putting your head down.
Old May 1, 2005, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 cobra "IS" the supercharged one.
Old May 1, 2005, 08:33 AM
Evolving Member

probably saw the ams evo/cobra video
Old May 1, 2005, 08:38 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4TUN8
blah blah blah, you're going to see idiot import drivers, and idiot domestic drivers.

There are going to be idiots in SRT-4s, STi's, Mustangs, GTI's and Evo's...

Unfortunately, we also have idiots that try to stereotype cars with drivers.
Old May 1, 2005, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rlazer5000
......some deutsch bag
Those damn German bags out driving again. Hate it when that happens...
Old May 1, 2005, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

you should have rolled down your window to tell him how stupid he was.
Old May 1, 2005, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

the point we're all missing is, the cobra may be faster on straights...so let him have his glory...take him up on a road course and you'll see him spin out like 5 times a lap, he def can't turn as well...

That's why those mustangs in those touring car races can't compete...
Old May 1, 2005, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nnorris7413
So, yesterday i was on the way to arlington motorsports to look at helmets when on palatine road, i see a red cobra coming up behind me. There was a fair amount of traffic, so when he got the chance, he found a hole and gunned up to the side of me. The guy had to be in his late 40's or so. I look over at him, and he's staring at me, and when he sees me look at him, he revs his engine. I like....ok.....what a ***, there are cars all over, there's no way im gonna screw around with this guy. I didnt wanna put other peoples' lives at risk. Obviously the guy in the cobra didnt care, because he gunned it, weaving in and out of traffic. I just stay at the speed im going, and soon i pull up to a stoplight and he's right next to me. There were cars in front of both of us. He looked over and nodded his head, and i just stared at him...very annoyed. The guy just kept gunning it and swerving in and out of traffic, endangering everyone on the road. And worst of all, he's probably going to to go all his friends and be like "i just beat an evo." Grrr....stupid people.

I commend you bro! Just knowing that you don't have to prove yourself to him and endanger other people at the same time...is awesome!

Btw...he probably did see that AMS vx. Cobra video that's floating around!!! LOL Muscle head jack @$$'es
Old May 1, 2005, 10:27 AM

Idiots drive all kinds of cars, foreign, domestic....doesn't matter.
Old May 1, 2005, 12:10 PM
Evolving Member

I had some idiot in a cobra come flying up behind me on the highway and rode my rear bumper for a bit, then changed lanes real fast and got right next to me and was looking over and laughing. I looked at him, shook my head and then gave him a "lets go" point. He took off and I stayed at 5 over the speed limit cause my V1 was going off the whole time. A few miles down the highway he was pulled over getting a ticket. That made my day!
Old May 1, 2005, 12:14 PM
Former Sponsor

That would make my day...I gotta get a V1!!!