Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

IX release = increase in rice?

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2005, 11:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IX release = increase in rice?

wondering everyones thoughts on the situation we may be facing as a community in the upcoming months.

with the IX being released in the upcoming months does any one feel that the number of 17- 20 yr old drivers trading in the Honda Hatch will increase? by all means I am not bashing the age group because I myself am included in the group.
Yet still I am wondering because of this availability of used evos in the upcoming months will this increase the number of fire extinguishers and vinyl graphics?

basically I am worried that the EVO may become a car not respected because of the "rice"
currently we dont have many drivers in this community that put stupid **** on the cars that absolutly serve no purpose
Old May 2, 2005, 11:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KILTERMAN
wondering everyones thoughts on the situation we may be facing as a community in the upcoming months.

with the IX being released in the upcoming months does any one feel that the number of 17- 20 yr old drivers trading in the Honda Hatch will increase? by all means I am not bashing the age group because I myself am included in the group.
Yet still I am wondering because of this availability of used evos in the upcoming months will this increase the number of fire extinguishers and vinyl graphics?

basically I am worried that the EVO may become a car not respected because of the "rice"
currently we dont have many drivers in this community that put stupid **** on the cars that absolutly serve no purpose
oh just stop the rice crap... let the "ricers" do whatever. its their car, not yours. as long as your car looks nice, then great.
Old May 2, 2005, 11:06 PM
Evolved Member

it'll still be 13 second rice.
Old May 2, 2005, 11:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WTF?! NEVER! if anything the young crowd might get an 2003 which is cheaper. IX is gonna be some MONEY! Also its not the vinyls graphics dont make a car rice. Its the performance. Maybe some vinyls make it look ricey or Look like GARBAGE!
Old May 2, 2005, 11:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AznFlip
oh just stop the rice crap... let the "ricers" do whatever. its their car, not yours. as long as your car looks nice, then great.
Old May 2, 2005, 11:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AznFlip
for the most part I agree with you , but I catch alot of crap from my domestic loving friends about hondas with wings and my gigantic wing . and it litterally runs me to the ground explaining the difference . I used the word rice to convey my thoughts in a way I felt most people would understand.

the last thing I think we all want is pulling up next to another evo with spinner rims, vinyl graphics , fire extinguishers and APC products. most people dont really know what these cars are or what they are capable of. there inpression is based only on looks alone, with more retards out there making their cars look UBER JDM and cutting holes into the trunk it ruins others credibiltyas driving a perforemance machine

I might be crazy
Old May 2, 2005, 11:29 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
talking about rice is rice. super fried rice.
Old May 2, 2005, 11:32 PM
Evolved Member

evo/rice . the more, the better.evo world domination
Old May 2, 2005, 11:32 PM
Evolved Member

with the IX being released in the upcoming months does any one feel that the number of 17- 20 yr old drivers trading in the Honda Hatch will increase?
of course this will happen ^^^^^

i think insurance for the evo will go up 2.
Old May 2, 2005, 11:33 PM
Evolved Member

lol. maybe I should've kept this theory to myself . I was just trying to get any ideas of the future. I really didnt mean to stir up conflict. I guess only time will tell
Old May 2, 2005, 11:33 PM
Evolved Member

www.laughatrice.com
Old May 2, 2005, 11:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo81
evo/rice . the more, the better.evo world domination
maybe its only me but I like being the only EVO owner on my block , the last time I tried counting there where only 4 of us in my local area . I kinda liked that feeling
Old May 2, 2005, 11:42 PM
Evolving Member

basically an elitist perspective either out of love or hate for the EVO…IMO

kinda like Mercedes owners complaining about WTF was Mercedes thinking when they started making Benz an “affordable” Luxury car

sort of get what your saying but mine is more so whenever i see a bone stock ride…like so much potential
Old May 2, 2005, 11:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2skys1imit3
basically an elitist perspective either out of love or hate for the EVO…IMO

kinda like Mercedes owners complaining about WTF was Mercedes thinking when they started making Benz an “affordable” Luxury car

I think thats what I boils down to honestly . I dont know If that is good or bad
maybe Its a complex, but I like being faster stock than 90% of the cars on the road here.wiht the increase of EVO's comes the increase in competition especially from immature brats sporting what mommy and daddy bought them. I dont like being revved at lights and things of that nature. ( I owned a civic hatch and it seemed every civic with a muffler wanted to rev and I was completely stock just lowered )
Old May 3, 2005, 06:37 AM
Evolving Member

maybe its only me but I like being the only EVO owner on my block , the last time I tried counting there where only 4 of us in my local area . I kinda liked that feeling
I agree. This is one of the reasons I bought the EVO. I see 5 Mustangs a day (just going north) and probably 5 Z's on the way home coming south. Only ran into 2 other EVOs on the street and that's within a 6 month time span.