Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Cool things happened to me this weekend...

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2005, 08:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool things happened to me this weekend...

Well first, Friday afternoon I went for a drive after work.
While I was sitting waiting for a light, I see a flash out of the corner of my eye. I look over quickly and see there is a guy standing in one of restaurants and he took a picture of my car, then procedes to point at me. He had a smile on his face, but didn't seem to be laughing. So I'm taking it as a "took a picture of a cool car" thing rather than a "hey look at that ricer" thing.

Next, today I went for a little drive. I pull up at a light, and this older Sable pulls up next to me. It was a middle aged guy and his 2 kids. The little girl, probably 8 or so is just plain staring out the front passenger window at me. I glance over and smile at the girl, I like to be friendly. I see the guy say something to kids and the girl sits back down. Then the light turns green. THE GUY FLOORS IT. Of course, I didn't race him or anything, but WTF? As he pulls like 4 car lengths in front of me, his boy in the back seat (probably 10) turns around and starts staring at me through the back window. I mean, come on, did he think I was going to race him? What was this guy's problem? Did he have that much to prove to his kids?

Also today, some guy in a Camero is turning a corner coming from my right, he sees my car and guns it, fishtailing and almost hit the curb. All while staring me down....I just laughed after he had gone by.

I've had my car for about a month and a half, and this is the first weekend where I've gotten reactions from people. Luckily I haven't attracted any grief from the cops...but then again, I wouldn't since I don't do anything stupid.

Just thought you guys'd be up for a quick funny read.

later

/ancker
Old May 7, 2005, 08:22 PM
Evolving Member

dude the same stuff happens to me all the time, when I pull up to some you kid with honda civic at a traffic light they look over to me and start reveing there engine and stuff I just laugh, and floor it.

I like looking back in the reveiw and seeing there face.
Old May 7, 2005, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

Hahah. You'll probably get this a lot owning the Evo dude.
Old May 7, 2005, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I think the EVO is an attention getter, when driving in the streets I notice a lot of people glancing or starring at the car all the time. I've also gotten those idiots who try to showoff or try to get me to race them. I guess it's something us EVO owners have to live with.
Old May 7, 2005, 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

our cars have respect.
Old May 7, 2005, 09:37 PM
Evolving Member

every as.shole with a loud muffler trys to race you.
Old May 7, 2005, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

i know what you guys mean, the other day this 89 probe kept on revving at me, he got up beside and continously reved for like 1/8 of a mile. i am still in my break-in period. i just told him that he was not even worth my gas.
Old May 7, 2005, 09:47 PM
Evolved Member

I always get the v8 roar when they pass me in the opposite direction.

I had a sunfire race me...or attempt to.

I had two kids in a CL 3.2 pull up next to me, the passenger motions his head forward. Stayed in 5th the whole time just pulling on them like hell. Afterwards they were all giddy and gave me the peace sign after i had enough.

Good ****.
Old May 7, 2005, 09:52 PM
Evolving Member

I sold my spoiler and i thought that people wouldn't even notice my car anymore but i was wrong i still get stares everywhere i go.
Old May 7, 2005, 10:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by rExTuHfEr
our cars have respect.
Not all the time... today I had a dude with a very early 90's integra, coming from the other direction, give me a and rev at me all I could do was laugh and ask my wife if she saw it, she thought it was funny too
Old May 7, 2005, 10:19 PM
Evolved Member

i find it funny when people do that, while going the opposite direction.
Old May 7, 2005, 10:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by evopower1021
I sold my spoiler and i thought that people wouldn't even notice my car anymore but i was wrong i still get stares everywhere i go.
ME 2 But it does attract less COPS! except when I VTA!

But yea dude you will get that a lot dont pay attention just laugh because sometimes it can get you into some SHYT!
Old May 8, 2005, 01:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that was good thanks