Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EVO attention. What's the weirdest...

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2005, 08:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVO attention. What's the weirdest...

Alright this thread is devoted to all members giving there stories on the weirdest things they have seen on the road or encountered in there EVO. Red light revvs, sidewalk picture taking, $h1t talkers that drive Ford Festivas... any cool, funny or just youv'e gotta be kidding me stories wanted.
Old May 8, 2005, 09:10 AM
Evolving Member

When my friend from another school asked this girl at my school about me she said "He drives some riced out Mazda, all show no go"...

Last edited by pyrovice; May 8, 2005 at 09:15 AM.
Old May 8, 2005, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

well Im always getting revved on by the local ricers
and the ricers and cars that think theyre fast pacing me on local routes and cant forget the compliments I get while pumping gas, but there was one time that was weird and funny sorta...happened last week...

I was in Mcdonald's and I park my car where I can see it and I sit where I can stare at it(I know im a dork ) and this old guy(had to be at least 60+) puts his subaru outback(older model) right in front of my car(like to block me in) and gets out and starts checkin out my car
he walks around it and is shaking his head up and down in a good way and has a smile on his face and he does this for about 2 minutes or so gets back in his car and drives off

Old May 8, 2005, 09:25 AM
Evolving Member

Forgive me for telling a story about being in another car but I don't have an VIII yet so after lets stay on EVO topic. Anyways, I was in a 1999 C5 Vert (white with black top but who cares), this was about 2 years ago I'd say and the car had 12,000 miles on it... There was a black 2 door V6 honda accord, the 2000 style with tinted windows and a fart can, I pulled up at the red light him already being there and it was a two lane that merged into one lane about 100 yards ahead so it was him or me... (It was him) OK KIDDING that would have been sad but he sincerely thought he could take it... I think it is alot of the time where people race but the other person isnt doing anything but toying with them so they think they were actually pulling the the car, he obviously had no chance even with me spinning like a **** just for ****s and giggles on take off. I also loved when I was with a friend in his 400whp SRT-4 in the mall parking lot, he sees some girls and hops on the gas and the BOV go's off, we are at a parking light stop sign and we hear "IT"S A FRIGGIN NEON!" from one of the girls, I could only laugh at ignorance. BTW he ran an 11.9, 3 days later.
Old May 8, 2005, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOboostVIII
I also loved when I was with a friend in his 400whp SRT-4 in the mall parking lot, he sees some girls and hops on the gas and the BOV go's off, we are at a parking light stop sign and we hear "IT"S A FRIGGIN NEON!" from one of the girls.
cant argue with them there
smart girls
Old May 8, 2005, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

That's stupid talk...you guys are elitists.
Old May 8, 2005, 10:23 AM
Evolved Member

i drive an OZ, and i get Nice Evo when i fill up with gas all the time, regaurdless my car was stock, now i have an evo7 kit, and no one says it any more... lol odd sorta.
Old May 8, 2005, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

some guy told me to change my wing into an aluminum one
Old May 8, 2005, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

Hahahaha
Old May 8, 2005, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

LOTS of picture taking when my car is parked at restaurants and such on Friday and Sat. nights.

When i drive around schools, kids scream NICE CAR or make loud frantic noises

This 1 high school kid ran up to me screaming evo evo and asked if my car was the one from Japan and i replied: umm well its MADE in Japan.

Getting called "one of those honda cars"

Having a crap load of Honda's with major bodykits and such rev on me at a red light.

There are all really a daily thing...

oh and also i was at a gas station getting gas, this guy with like a 92 maxima V6 tells me he could beat me, and i was like umm im not too sure about that. He says hes packing a V6 and it pulls nice. This guy was really old maybe in his late 40s, 50s. So i told him well this car is a 4wd, 4cylinder turbocharged rally car. and he says let me hear it then. I rev it, he hears my Forge bov at the time and he says oh crap nevermind. A 92 maxima said he could beat me? it was hilarious he prob thought it was a civic or something
Old May 8, 2005, 11:32 AM
Evolving Member

This guy at the gas station friday night had a new C6, black, very sexy. I told him nice car and after looking at my wing he said "Haha hey wanna race for money?" I was like, uhh, okay dude and he said "well we can just race for fun but you might have to go home and get another car first"... Thaaaaanks, we went from a 10 roll and I jumped ahead, he finnaly caught me at 130 and slowly pulled at about 135, this was of course on a fully supervised and safe race course. If we had went from a dig he probably would never have caught me. But we pull into a lot and start talking, he was like HOLY SH*T what do you have done to that thing, I was like meh just a few simple boltons and cams... He didn't believe me, cool guy though he just had no idea what and Evo was.
Old May 8, 2005, 11:42 AM
Evolving Member

It's always the WRX drivers who wants to have a go either on the streets or freeway? NOT the STi drivers, just the WRX ones. Also the SRT4 are the same.

Getting nice comments at the gas station or restaurant.
Old May 8, 2005, 11:43 AM

I was eating out with my girl, and my Evo was parked outside where you could see it from the window, anyway there was a family sitting next to us, and while we were eating I here the little boy in the family say "I like the wing alot dad", and I look up and there staring at my car. Then I here the dad say "On that Jap peice of crap out there", well I just started to laugh and thought to myself if you only knew man .
Old May 8, 2005, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

I get alot of attention from my car pretty much each and every day whether its ppl freakin out and yellin nice car or people taking pictures. but then you do got your few that will give you the finger or thumbs down but then there the people that drive civics and all so who cares about them. but i think my turbo timer gets alot of attention everywhere i go someones like you left your car running and i just keep walking and smile and they look so confused but hey they all figure it out one day..hah
Old May 8, 2005, 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

hehe, i just give every evo and sti the thumbs up when i see 'em