Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

This is weird, blow off blows off slow and rpms rise...

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2005, 08:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is weird, blow off blows off slow and rpms rise...

ok this has happened i'd say about 5 times within the past month running my HKS BOV. I think it might be bov or something on the throttle body plate. Once in a while, when im boosting and i let off, the RPMs will still be going up, and the bov blows off slow. its a loud slow whistle. not the occasionally.. "psssh", its more like "psssssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh". what could it be? is the throttle plate not closing all the way?
Old May 10, 2005, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RalliArtEvoVIII
ok this has happened i'd say about 5 times within the past month running my HKS BOV. I think it might be bov or something on the throttle body plate. Once in a while, when im boosting and i let off, the RPMs will still be going up, and the bov blows off slow. its a loud slow whistle. not the occasionally.. "psssh", its more like "psssssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh". what could it be? is the throttle plate not closing all the way?
my MR DV hasnt arrived yet which is why im running this bov which i will never run again.
Old May 10, 2005, 08:51 AM

Theres a knob at the back of the BOV. You can adjust it. See if that helps.
Old May 10, 2005, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
bad idea... that screw on the back is not really meant to adjust the BOV... they're suppose to come pre-set... remember... the ssqv is engineered differently from most BOV's... they pull instead of push... or is it the other way around?

ANYWAYS... the only vehicle that required that screw to be turned was the hennese viper... and even then it was only a quarter of a turn... that thing was running massive boost...

check your fittings, clamps, etc... make sure everything is in tact... make sure the bov isn't sticking or seizing...
Old May 10, 2005, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

Exactly, don't touch that screw. HKS has stated they regret that put that screw on there because people mess with it.
Old May 10, 2005, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

yea im already aware of not touching that adjustment screw, i think its some other problem cuz it only occurs sometimes, im just curious to see if its bov or something else because the BOV is coming off this week and switching to MR DV(8th bov), but if its something else, i wanna fix it asap. First thing im gonna do is check my throttle body/plate and clean it, i just also got a oil catch can to ensure that maybe oil is not getting into the intake and all the way up to the TB.