Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Marriage time, proposal ideas?

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2005, 06:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SOUTHSIDEITALIA
Yeah, so my girlfriend says I cannot buy anymore car partsd until she gets a ring.
My view on this is this....like many western countries, the policy on terrorism is NO Negotiation whatsoever.

Although I never condone terrorism in any kind or form, you, however my ***** friend, are so whipped that you deserve to be terrorized by your girlfriend. Today, she tells you you can't get a car until she gets a ring. After you two get married, she will decide whether you should pee standing up or squatting down. You might as well start practicing to squat to pee.

I am sorry but you just sound very pathetic. (of course, unless you are umemployed and on her payroll)
Old May 10, 2005, 06:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by wingnut17
if she likes baseball at all, you could call up the cubs or white sox front office (whichever you prefer) and see if you can get them to let your g/f throw out the first pitch at any given game.

Game Day: you show up to the stadium and take her to the players entrance so she can get onto the field and throw out the ball, the ushers take her in and prep her for her big appearance. While she's doing this, you conveniently aren't allowed in that entrance because you aren't the one throwing the ball. Once she's out of site, you are taken to a seperate room where you put on a catchers uniform, you go out onto the field and take your spot behind the plate. Minutes later your g/f walks out and is given a ball to throw back to you (her not knowing its you behind the plate). She throws the pitch, you bring the ball back to her, take off your mask and drop to one knee and pull the ring out of your back pocket just as a guy with a microphone walks over as well. You proceed to propose in the middle of the stadium with thousands watching and listening.

You might have to do a little hard work to get the ball club to go along with your idea.

Good luck...
I can't imagine what if she says NO with thousands watching and listening.
Old May 10, 2005, 07:03 PM
Evolving Member

i got it! All the mods you have bought, (hopefully u still have the boxes) anyways wrap the ring in the smallest one, and put it in a bigger box, wrap, into a bigger box, wrap, you get the idea, tell her you got something that you will both enjoy, as shes opening them she'll get madder and madder intill she finds the ring and does a 180 in mood swing. IDK just a thought
Old May 10, 2005, 07:03 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah, so my girlfriend says I cannot buy anymore car partsd until she gets a ring.
Shoulda bought her a piston ring.

I took my wife back to the place we met and proposed by saying something like "I'll never forget where I met my wife."
Old May 10, 2005, 07:53 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
here is a great idea.

Goto a drag strip. Tell her, seriously, that you were thinking about the marriage thing... and you have some concerns about it.

Then tell her that you have to go run, and you'll talk to her after the run. Tell her to look at his time for him because the machine isn't printing out the numbers good.

Then setup something with the track, so you could somehow display "marry me, _____ (your significant other)" or something sweeter at the time board when you pass the timer.

So instead of her looking for your 1/4 mile time, she'll get a proposal.

That way, you'll have a great story and she'll be amazed at how creative and organized you are.

Old May 10, 2005, 07:59 PM
Evolving Member

if you are a man leave the evo out of the equation ask her in a classy way she will never forget. your evo is a chapter in your life, your wife however stays for the whole story man, make her feel special.
Old May 10, 2005, 08:10 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Mistasparkle
if you are a man leave the evo out of the equation ask her in a classy way she will never forget. your evo is a chapter in your life, your wife however stays for the whole story man, make her feel special.
and what a great chapter it is. Filled with youth, love and excitement that you can't get when you get old and have kids.

mine as well include it, so you could look back on it when you trade in your evo for that mini-van.

Not all wife stays for the whole story, man~ they leave in the middle with all your things.

Then what? you'll still have your car because you wont let her take it.

"take the kids, the house and the money, just leave me the car and the dog!"
Old May 10, 2005, 08:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mistasparkle

I know, I know, just thought it would be a clever idea. She is special, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Old May 10, 2005, 08:55 PM
Evolving Member

ideas...

I agree with leaving the Evo out of it. That way she will know that your mind is totally on her and not on your car even though it is to some extent. I don't know if you have seen Meet the Parents about getting the softball team involved. Where do you live? Near a beach? What does she like to do? Are there things she talks about that she believe would never happen? Most girls would love to get attention. I proposed in front of the Bellagio Hotel in Vegas where there happend to be hundred people watching the fountains (we live in wonderful, exciting Ohio). Even though she was embarrased she would love it even more with alot of attention. However, as posted before it should be a total surprise. Maybe you could take her to a really nice restaurant and have a wonderful date then leave it be. Therefore she will be disappointed. Next week, boom do something amazing again but it give her a ring. In other words you should do some really nice things several weeks in advance so its a suprise but not totally obvious. Flowers here and there- something personal. WE NEED MORE INFO ABOUT YOUR GIRL! Likes and dislikes so we can figure more.
Old May 10, 2005, 08:55 PM
Account Disabled

yeh, how about a picture?
Old May 10, 2005, 09:12 PM
Evolved Member

propose to her while your running the 1/4
Old May 10, 2005, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

Have her paged to the High school office and propose to her there.
Have the softball announcer let you propose to her at one of the games she is coaching.
Drill out a softball and put the ring in it.
Give her a model of your car with the ring under the hood. Say look at the detail this model has under the hood.
Old May 10, 2005, 11:10 PM
Evolved Member

We're in the same boat my friend. Although, mine didn't tell me I can't do anymore mods to my car until she gets a ring, but it would be very foolish for me to do so- since I don't have a lot of extra money each month. If I tried to do both it'd take me years to get the ring- and she'd feel terrible.lol

I'm saving for the ring- hope to put 50-60% down and then start coming up with my out proposal plan.

Last edited by smp3000; May 11, 2005 at 05:57 AM.
Old May 10, 2005, 11:21 PM
Evolved Member

i saw this on americas funniest home videos. shave "will you marry me in your back hair". or your pubes if you don't have back hair. or do what i did and knock her up then you don't have to worry about popping the question just her dad with the shotgun. thanks.
Old May 10, 2005, 11:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Aikido
i got it! All the mods you have bought, (hopefully u still have the boxes) anyways wrap the ring in the smallest one, and put it in a bigger box, wrap, into a bigger box, wrap, you get the idea, tell her you got something that you will both enjoy, as shes opening them she'll get madder and madder intill she finds the ring and does a 180 in mood swing. IDK just a thought

Quick Reply: Marriage time, proposal ideas?