Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Luxury ---> Evo

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2005, 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by evorr
4) 13.9 was my baseline stock with my g-tech pro. 13.6 was what it dropped to with exhaust (no cat), intake, ECU, and gears. Hence 0.3 difference. The suspension and rear brace obviously aids in lauching the car. I could in hindsight have made this clearer, but I was just trying to pen off a quick reply (see where that got me...)

5) Like you said, you have to see it.
You are claiming times based off a g-tech pro? You gotta be kidding me. You can't claim ANY times until you go to a drag strip and do it. G-techs can be fairly accurate, but you don't know for sure until you actually DO it on a drag strip with professional timing and an actual staging light. And yes, you originally said your only engine mod was the rear end (not an engine mod obviously). I wouldn't expect the exhaust/intake/ECU to do much for you anyway, but that's definitely more than just a rear end.

I can't believe we went through all this and you haven't even done a real run yet. . When you run a 13.6 (or even a 13.9) on a real drag strip and have a timeslip, then we can try this again.
Old May 14, 2005, 09:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
*Sigh*

The intent was to talk about suspension comfort.

If you look at my original post, I said "mods" and then left a comma after "gear". I screwed up and did not complete it. I apologize. (I will flog myself later.)

If the topic was about 0-60, I would have been more careful and regurgitated my whole life story.

Old May 14, 2005, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

*Sigh*

The intent was to talk about suspension comfort.

If you look at my original post, I said "mods" and then left a comma after "gear". I screwed up and did not complete it. I apologize. (I will flog myself later.)

If the topic was about 0-60, I would have been more careful and regurgitated my whole life story.
Yes, but suspension isn't the only deciding factor for this guy. If he thinks a GS430 is actually this fast with no mods, then he's much more likely to take that path. I did _NOT_ want him to make that mistake based off of your questionable input.
Old May 14, 2005, 09:12 AM
Evolving Member

You have convinced me. Thank you.
I can bet my life that he has NO intention of purchasing a GS430. Even if I put down a 12 second timeslip. Part of answering threads is pacing people.

Last edited by evorr; May 14, 2005 at 09:14 AM.
Old May 14, 2005, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

just get a gs430...
Old May 15, 2005, 08:30 PM
Evolving Member

You have convinced me. Thank you.
I can bet my life that he has NO intention of purchasing a GS430. Even if I put down a 12 second timeslip. Part of answering threads is pacing people.
I dont have intentions of buying a gs430, the lexus is not a winter friendly car, i got stuck couple of times in the winter which sucked, so evo=awd=a lot more traction=a lot less problems.

My only problem is, drving the car to work everyday, is it easy on you? or hard? meaning;tranny, clutch, mr suspension etc..

I bet that there are people here that drive to work everyday and love it, let me know. thanks.

Last edited by Arkow; May 15, 2005 at 08:34 PM.
Old May 15, 2005, 08:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Arkow
I dont have intentions of buying a gs430, the lexus is not a winter friendly car, i got stuck couple of times in the winter which sucked, so evo=awd=a lot more traction=a lot less problems.

My only problem is, drving the car to work everyday, is it easy on you? or hard? meaning;tranny, clutch, mr suspension etc..

I bet that there are people here that drive to work everyday and love it, let me know. thanks.
Ok, well that's me. I drive it daily to/from work and love every second of it. There's not a single thing negative about it in daily driving as far as I'm concerned. If I'm in stop'n'go traffic, it's no fun, but neither is any manual tranny.

I have yet to feel any excessive vibrations from the road in my MR, and again, that's after driving an IS300 for 3 years. FYI, my commute is 30 miles round trip...if it was 60-80, I would hate the wear and tear + mileage added to my MR.